Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

[MOC] Small Pirate Boat using the Disney Train sail and a Vidiyo captain!

Hello everybody!

What a month this has been! Still flashed by the flood of endless creativity among people here resulting in all those fantastic creations we were allowed to admire! A very grateful experience, so, thank you! It's now voting time, as I have read, so best of luck to all of you! :pir-sweet:

In the meantime I would like to share some creations of recent times with you. We begin with a small pirate boat in very classic style. A standard rowboat with the standard position for two benches. The more special thing is that it has two masts, one using the brand new pirate sail (part no. 103913) from the Disney Celebration Train (set no. 43212). I wanted to use this for a small boat since I saw the first picture of the set, but it needed some time and a second mast to bring it into a boat creation (the second mast uses a Star Wars Magna Guard cape - part no. 61194 - as it has the same tan color as the new disney sail).

Another special feature is the boat's captain. Myself not being the biggest fan of the Vidiyo series, the shark guitar player of Pirate Punk Ship (set no. 43114) caught my attention. His torso (part no. 973pb4322) features a relatively classic looking pirate vest with golden buttons. Vests like these are not that common, and I thought he could be converted into another cool pirate captain once the black arms were replaced.

So here we go! All the best and have a great day! :pir-huzzah2:

53148781406_44dfa4c552_b.jpg

5 hours ago, Legostein said:

What a month this has been! Still flashed by the flood of endless creativity among people here resulting in all those fantastic creations we were allowed to admire! A very grateful experience, so, thank you! It's now voting time, as I have read, so best of luck to all of you! :pir-sweet:

You're the master of classic LEGO Pirate set design so we were hoping you'd enter!

Wow, what a cute little boat! Must get my hands on that sail(s) (:

I think that the lantern stand could be more elegant with this piece, a jumper and a plate with clip. The technic part is too thick for my liking. Also the front mast could use two 4L or 6L bars instead of the knights pole with the weird looking handle.