Evilkirk

[MOC] Darth Maul's Bloodfin Speeder - Free Instructions

Darth Maul's modified Razalon FC-20 "Bloodfin" Speeder!

Stored in Lord Maul's Scimitar front cargo area and deployed via the bow access hatch. Seen briefly in The Phantom Menace when Darth Maul attempts to intercept Padme and Qui Gonn et all as they're leaving Tatooine - with a quick try at squishing young Anakin Skywalker by riding over him - because why not? :)

In screenshots from the film, the Bloodfin appears to be very dark grey in colour or dark brown, or possibly a very dusty black. Toy manufacturers and graphic designers have portrayed it as being all different colours from beige and brown to grey and many 2-tone variants... so, I included a few colour ideas for you in the photos, although in the instructions I've stuck to Dark-Bluish Grey with Reddish Brown seats. I'll be happy to see other people's ideas! Free instructions on Rebrickable!

Bloodfin front page23456

Aw mate… timing! You knocked my Nebulon update post off the top of the forum ;)

also this is great. Brilliant shaping and detail for the scale. Top job, can’t wait to see it’s mothership!

27 minutes ago, Rubblemaker said:

Aw mate… timing! You knocked my Nebulon update post off the top of the forum ;)

also this is great. Brilliant shaping and detail for the scale. Top job, can’t wait to see it’s mothership!

Mothership coming soon, over 4k pieces and just doing instructions now... shame I can't just post a sneaky pic on here!  

Thank you! I like the black and dark red, even though it's way off the original colours :)

This is outstanding and looks to be pretty stable too! I've yet to see a MOC of this speeder I liked enough to build until now since they always look so fragile. I've worked on combining the last two system sets of the infiltrator into a larger model, but now I'm eagerly awaiting your take on a very underappreciated ship! 

2 hours ago, joebiwankenobi said:

This is outstanding and looks to be pretty stable too! I've yet to see a MOC of this speeder I liked enough to build until now since they always look so fragile. I've worked on combining the last two system sets of the infiltrator into a larger model, but now I'm eagerly awaiting your take on a very underappreciated ship! 

Thanks, I always build with bricks before doing it digitally, so my builds are always (hopefully!) structurally sound. 

There are very few MOCs out there of the Infiltrator/Scimitar that I could find and the toy companies have always portrayed it as a 1-man ship, when in fact it's supposed to have 2 floors in the main hull with seating for passengers - so that's what I've tried to do! Pics to follow soon when the instructions are done :) 

3 hours ago, Evilkirk said:

Thanks, I always build with bricks before doing it digitally, so my builds are always (hopefully!) structurally sound. 

There are very few MOCs out there of the Infiltrator/Scimitar that I could find and the toy companies have always portrayed it as a 1-man ship, when in fact it's supposed to have 2 floors in the main hull with seating for passengers - so that's what I've tried to do! Pics to follow soon when the instructions are done :) 

Wait, you're making a 2 floor Scimitar with seating for passengers? Can't wait to see it (and how big it is)! Building in bricks first is definitely the best way to do it, prioritizing structure early in the design helps a lot :thumbup:

1 hour ago, ForgedInLego said:

Wait, you're making a 2 floor Scimitar with seating for passengers? Can't wait to see it (and how big it is)! Building in bricks first is definitely the best way to do it, prioritizing structure early in the design helps a lot :thumbup:

Actuallyyyyy, I've already MADE a 2-floor Scimitar with seating for passengers + a maintenance/engineering crawlspace leading all the way down through the ship to the frontal cargo area + a bow access ramp and semi-circular opening rear doors (with extending rear ramp), retractable landing gear + basically every feature I could squeeze in as seen in the "Incredible Cross-sections of Star Wars, Episode I - The Phantom Menace" book :) Just working on the digital instructions now!  I'll post in here when complete...