Sign in to follow this  
Khorne

[OL - FB] The Secret War

A fitting end for this great story and series of fine vignettes. I am sure you are tired to hear it :pir_laugh2: but i love how you build all these diverse mocs at such a small scale of 8x8 and the stories were written really well :thumbup:

The spider overlooking the prison yard, the flames behind the window, the activist throwing the freedom bottle or whatever it is called in this location and time :pir_laugh2: all look great!

Hope to see more of this stuff in the future. I am addicted!

On 12/31/2023 at 1:13 PM, Keymonus said:

Such a great conclusion for your story! I loved the format, with the small but detailed vignettes and the elaborate accompanying story. I was looking forward to seeing whether the Hydra would have ever appeared here in BoBS, Antonin seems an enemy even more dangerous than Pierrot and Dorèe. You introduced him and his anarchists (?) magistrally, but I'm glad you also left some of the Rouge rebels free and alive... fine enemies for the future mission of Section XIII!

On a side note, the last vignette (with the fire and the Molotov cocktail) is in my opinion amazing. I also like the reference to the other Hydra a lot! As I said before, a fine enemy for our Empire!

The Society of Heracles and its Brigade Rouge militant army will still be the main adversaries, I think. Their popular cause is easier to get behind and gain new followers than an anarchist cause would. I mainly introduced Nestor Antonin and the anarchists to show an ideological rift and aid in the downfall of the Brigade Rouge mercenaries on El Oleonda, thus finishing that story thread there. I'm glad you liked the introduction, we shall see what the future brings! Nothing is set in stone yet.

17 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Great conclusion! Not sure if the methods utilized by agents of the Crown are actually solving the problem or just fanning the flames...:pir-grin:...Great story and I second Keymonus, that arson raid is very well built!

As to the slogan you co-opted, now I can associate that phrase with a well written story:pir-laugh:

What were those torsos for the Force Publique from?

Haha, indeed it seems they're just adding fuel to the fire. But is that not often how it goes with such tales of revolution :tongue:.

The Force Publique torso is from the US Union soldier from the Lone Ranger range. They're already several years old. I bought a whole bunch of those rather cheaply when they were still more commonly available. You can still find them on Bricklink, but the supply has dwindled over the years.

17 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

A fitting end for this great story and series of fine vignettes. I am sure you are tired to hear it :pir_laugh2: but i love how you build all these diverse mocs at such a small scale of 8x8 and the stories were written really well :thumbup:

The spider overlooking the prison yard, the flames behind the window, the activist throwing the freedom bottle or whatever it is called in this location and time :pir_laugh2: all look great!

Hope to see more of this stuff in the future. I am addicted!

I had not thought of it like that, but a molotov cocktail would indeed probably not be called that in this universe :laugh:. We'll have to figure out a new name. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Like I said in some previous post here somewhere, I have vague outlines for a new (short) storyline so perhaps I will do another one in the future. I'm glad it is well-received :sweet:.

Happy New Year, everybody!

This was an exciting and interesting sequel story! :pir-huzzah2: This part is over but Hydra exists.