Klaus-Dieter

2024 Friends sets

9 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Pics of the new Friends space rover! Featuring another color of alien, the return of William from the space academy, and a SPACE PUPPY!

Oh man, Friends is on a roll this year. A space cat AND a space puppy just mere month apart?! So awesome! Too bad these sets all include the inferior minidolls.

The Friends Mars Rover looks gorgeous, I love it. Trying to figure out how it connects to the airlock system, though, it looks like the main body of the rover detaches from the wheels and then splits in half? I really wish they’d done some kind of ‘hub’ set, because there are a lot of attachment points but not a lot of things to attach them to. I want to put everything together into a giant space base, dang it. 

The Lego friends team never fails to impress!

first of all, I love the design of the rover, looks amazing

second, it’s nice to see the return of William from the space academy!

one thing I noticed is that the large fern element has been recolored In opalescent blue!

the price of $50 is amazing, and definitely a buy for me!

The comic has taken a different turn this month, retelling the story of New Beginnings with images from the show.

v1

Interesting they've changed Leo's description as a 'Unit' from the show, probably due to it being an insult in parts of Europe 🤣

v2v3

On 3/1/2024 at 6:05 AM, Lion King said:

I don’t pay attention to Friends theme too much  but do we know which month the summer wave will be released in USA? June or August? And Europe?

Europe always gets things June 1st, for Americans, it depends, for example, 2022 and 2023 saw the summer wave release in June, but 2021 saw the summer sets release in august. I’d like for the summer sets to release in June over here in America this time, but tbh when the summer sets came out last year, the only place that had them was the Lego store, everywhere else got them august 1st

So, in the new Lego Fortnite mode “cat island adventure” (featuring churro) there appears to be some of the summer camp sets! (Images courtesy of brick fanatics

IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg

IMG_1610.jpeg

they honestly look pretty nice!

Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2024 at 6:29 PM, Lemerbrix said:

So, in the new Lego Fortnite mode “cat island adventure” (featuring churro) there appears to be some of the summer camp sets! (Images courtesy of brick fanatics

Do we think that's the Water Sports and the Tree House?  The top has oars, like a rental, but ping pong on top, so not as many water sports as I'd expect.  

In the bottom, there's a small tree coming out of one of the stands, so it looks like a set of tree houses.

Edited by Mopasali
Typo

2 hours ago, Mopasali said:

Do we think that's the Water Sports and the Tree House?  The top has oars, like a rental, but ping pong on top, so not as many water sports as I'd expect.  

In the bottom, there's a small tree coming out of one of the stands, so it looks like a set of tree houses.

Keep in mind, these are unconfirmed, but seeing as the mode features sets such as the botanical garden, I wouldn’t rule it out.

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

Keep in mind, these are unconfirmed, but seeing as the mode features sets such as the botanical garden, I wouldn’t rule it out.

I think they are real. In the treehouse, the purple butterfly is on a trans-clear bar to make it appear it's flying.  No need to do that in a game! 

If these aren't the sets, I feel bad for the designers that made them painstakingly real builds for a game that can defy physical conventions.  Perhaps Lego will offer instructions as a VIP reward.  I bet the water sports set comes with a small boat to fit in the paved area.

Thanks to @Brick Clicker, we have an image of the cafe! My suspicions that it appeared early in a promo video for the mansion seem to have been confirmed!

Spoiler
On 1/23/2024 at 4:43 PM, Lemerbrix said:

Thanks to a promo video for Andrea’s modern mansion, we have our first look at the cafe!

Screenshot_20240123_150447_Chrome~2.jpg
sadly, it features cursed croissant 

it includes olly, paisley, and a new character! Also included is a dog, so that’s neat!

2 minutes ago, DragonElves said:

I’m impressed with the new sets, especially the adventure camp treehouse (and it includes beavers 🦫!) 

Are there official pictures somewhere?

5 minutes ago, DragonElves said:

Yes, instagram exacbrickslegogo 

Thanks, just saw the pictures. 
these sets look great! Happy to see that the prosthetic arm appears in the water sports!

looks like Johnathan is one of the camp counselors.

this actually confirms my suspicions that these appeared in Lego Fortnite 

On 3/27/2024 at 8:29 PM, Lemerbrix said:

IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg

IMG_1610.jpeg

they honestly look pretty nice!

I’m definitely excited for these sets!