Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

10 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

People might be saying “why is the car transport $100” but look, previous car transports have been designed for 4-wide cars, this is for 6-wide cars, of which you get 3! I think $100 is justifiable for this set.

It still sounds expensive imo. But if the amount of stuff and/or piece count is sufficient then it's fair enough. I can imagine those three cars going for €15 to €20 each and that transport going for like €40 on its own (as it does apparently accommodate 6 cars) so it kinda adds up.

11 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

The harbor and cargo ship looks terrible, probably my least favorite city set of this year (not counting 4+)

I'm wondering why you don't like it? 

I'm happy that they included a smaller ship and invested quite some bricks in surrounding structure/real estate, reminding me of the early 90s harbour sets. 

Stoked for an Exo Force mecha. 

That is one of the more entertaining call-outs ever. Just stick a whole mech in there.

3 hours ago, *thomas* said:

I'm happy that they included a smaller ship and invested quite some bricks in surrounding structure/real estate, reminding me of the early 90s harbour sets. 

Yeah, there's already a giant ship with the arctic research ship, and 2 smaller floating boats with the fire boat and sailboat (+ 2 smaller inflatable boats too in lime and red), so a brick built boat that can be modified easy for play, isn't bad, especially in a harbour set where water play likely isn't going to happen with the majority of the set being the harbour itself. Also not every City set needs to be €150+ , as they are already releasing lots of big sets these days.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah, there's already a giant ship with the arctic research ship, and 2 floating boats with the fire boat and sailboat, so a brick built boat that can be modified easy for play, isn't bad, especially in a harbour set where water play likely isn't going to happen with the majority of the set being the harbour itself.

The hideout would also make a great addition to the harbour. It could even be used as a gatekeepers office to access the cargo area.

60417_alt1.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&

9 hours ago, *thomas* said:

The hideout would also make a great addition to the harbour. It could even be used as a gatekeepers office to access the cargo area.

I would not be surprised if the crooks’ hideout can just snap onto the left side of the harbour. 

On 4/23/2024 at 5:22 AM, *thomas* said:

I'm wondering why you don't like it? 

I completely agree! Not only do we get a ship, we get harbor space and a bench with a small building, a nice face that feels fleshed out and lived in. This is actually my favorite reveal of all the recent Lego leaks across all themes. This harbor set is gearing up to be one of my favorite 2024 City sets.

A bit late to the party as I bought this set a while ago and only just built it as it was on my backlog of sets to get around to. But I finally built the 60321 Fire Brigade and I love it. The Sardine Factory feels easy to modify and I can easily see myself removing the flames and giving it an interior, and removing the rebuild and keep out signs and replacing them with "regular" bricks, unprinted and all. The base plate for the street takes up some room but it's easily removable. But despite the customizability it's just gorgeous. The Hazmat figure is my favorite, never got the Series 4 Hazmat guy but this will do for now. Also the kitten mold is just adorable.