Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2024

26 minutes ago, Lion King said:

That’s what I suspected. I thought it was kinda odd that Lego decided to release Space sets in winter instead of spreading sets throughout 2024. I’m glad to see a few more Space sets!

City subthemes (not counting mainline police, fire, etc) are usually only in single HY waves, so space just being a 1HY thing was a possibility. 

19 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

City subthemes (not counting mainline police, fire, etc) are usually only in single HY waves, so space just being a 1HY thing was a possibility. 

Yes, Police and Fire sets are always released in 1HY annually.  We had Space subtheme in 1HY in 2022.

As for summer, we always get different subthemes - Ocean in 2020, Wildlife Rescue in 2021, Farm in 2022, and Arctic Ocean in 2023 and we will havve Jungle this summer. 

So I’m just saying I’m glad to see a few more Space sets later this year. 

I wonder what gorilla looks like.

Edited by LCP

22 minutes ago, Lion King said:

So I’m just saying I’m glad to see a few more Space sets later this year. 

That was my point - There was a chance that space would just be the 1HY exploration subtheme, with jungle taking its place in 2HY. Instead, it looks like we are getting both jungle and space! 

16 minutes ago, LCP said:

I wonder what gorilla looks like.

Would the polybag count as one of the 5 or 6 Jungle sets? Or is this in addition to the line?

55 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Would the polybag count as one of the 5 or 6 Jungle sets? Or is this in addition to the line?

Yes - I remember Ocean Exploration subtheme did have that polybag. I can’t remember if Wildlife Rescue subtheme had that polybag in 2021. 

I hope that Space Lab set has 2 modules, would be nice to see them in a smaller set that's not €70+

Edited by TeriXeri

46 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I hope that Space Lab set has 2 modules, would be nice to see them in a smaller set that's not €70+

At $35, I only expect one (if we get any); it is definitely going to be able to connect to either the station or the ground base (or both), though, given how much focus modularity has been given in the line. 

Where is a LINK for that AMAZING! news?

(60439 Space Science Laboratory / $34.99 / June 2024 )

Edited by legoturtle

6 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

Probably in addition, if I remember correctly polybags have a different number after all :classic:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Probably in addition, if I remember correctly polybags have a different number after all :classic:

Yes they do.

22 hours ago, Lion King said:

Most likely, it would be February or March.

Sadly, in America won't see those sets until September.

im really hoping for a 200-dollar airport set, for that passenger plane set.

talking about that set, seems it sold out everywhere, on the main web and neither Walmart nor target has it. 

I'm curious as to if the new Lab will be a building, or a mobile pod that can swap out with the others in the Jan wave.

But given that $35 (Assuming USD not CAD) is usually around £25-£30, I'm not holding out hopes for anything amazing if it's a solo building. (300ish parts at a guess, maybe as high as 350.) Assuming if it's a building, they'll want a small vehicle or side build that's usually 35 ish parts, figures another 5-6 each there's nearly 50 parts on two figs and a buggy.

I wonder…since we have a new facility in Richmond, VA. I wonder if we will see summer sets at the same time as Europe, like June?

45 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I wonder…since we have a new facility in Richmond, VA. I wonder if we will see summer sets at the same time as Europe, like June?

That depends on when people in the US wish to see them.  

12 minutes ago, The Brick Boss said:

That depends on when people in the US wish to see them.  

Yeah, well, inuding us too.The release for summer wave is August in USA while City sets are available in June. 

Not pretty fair, is it?

I mean, I WANT NEW ANIMALS TO BE VAIALBE IN USA IN JUNE! Ahem, sorry about me shouting. I was shouting at TLG. 

8 hours ago, Lion King said:

Yeah, well, inuding us too.The release for summer wave is August in USA while City sets are available in June. 

Not pretty fair, is it?

I mean, I WANT NEW ANIMALS TO BE VAIALBE IN USA IN JUNE! Ahem, sorry about me shouting. I was shouting at TLG. 

I agree! It's not fair! I do hope we see summer sets in June. With the new plant in VA (I live in VA btw), we should get sets earlier this summer. 

Not to shut down hope here,  but the factory in the USA has an "initial opening date scheduled in 2025" , so it's not operational for a while yet.

They just broke ground in April 2023.

But hey, at least it's being built, unlike LEGOLAND Belgium / Benelux which was cancelled in 2023.

Edited by TeriXeri

11 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Not to shut down hope here,  but the factory in the USA has an "initial opening date scheduled in 2025" , so it's not operational for a while yet.

They just broke ground in April 2023.

But hey, at least it's being built, unlike LEGOLAND Belgium / Benelux which was cancelled in 2023.

I was just wondering aloud. I can’t remember when they started buidling facility in Richmond, VA. 

4 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

We'll have more information pretty soon. All I have to say 

Do you know something, or are you just speculating? 

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I know but can't say as of right now 

Ok you have info then.