VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

We're not too sure what Greg meant, but it's probably a Tuma-sized titan set. Releasing a golden Mata Nui would be more pointless than Yetrax, because it either be more expensive (because of the gold plastic), and not sell because of it, or the same price and the original wouldn't sell because the gold version is so much cooler. Axalara is $80 I think, and Skopio will be the same.

Ahh so if Axalara was $80 American and was $120 New zealand then Skopio should hopefully be $120 too which is not as bad as I thought

But also, think of the prototypes…

There could be a gold/white mix in there somewhere. 8D

No, that would be too kind for the Gold-Ignika diehards if there was hope like that. :tongue:

Although I am thinking of the green/trans-glitter pink prototype.... :cry_happy:

Of course, the other alternative is to have an all Gold Mata Nui with a Inika style remold of the Ignika. :grin:

Well, lucky you. Guess what I did on Saturday?

3279921535_f8fc8f1037_o.png

haha.

That's brilliant.

Thankyou, and well done.

It looks quite complicated and expensive to produce. No wonder TLC only include one per set.

But given the prices we Bionicle fans pay nowadays, surely they can stretch to including a spare? :cry_sad:

Will/Rocketbilly

Edited by Rocketbilly

Ahh so if Axalara was $80 American and was $120 New zealand then Skopio should hopefully be $120 too which is not as bad as I thought

The American price might've been a bit cheaper, I'm not sure...

The Skopio should be $125 or $130 thanks to the $5 price increase of this year.

But given the prices we Bionicle fans pay nowadays, surely they can stretch to including a spare? :cry_sad:

But the reason we have to pay so much is because it's more expensive for them to make stuff. :/

Releasing a golden Mata Nui would be more pointless than Yetrax, because it either be more expensive (because of the gold plastic), and not sell because of it,

Does this come from the same school of thought that the BZ kiddies have, where I proposed many years ago that they include lightup elements in sets and was hit with, "OMG, that'd raise the prices of each canister by 10 dollars OMG then Bionknicle will diiiiiieee NOOOO!"?

Because if so... lol.

I'm fairly certain the cost isn't ALL that different.

Vac-metalized gold chrome or gold paint, certainly... but just regular old gold plastic like they've been consistently spewing and is even in the blue Winter canister?

Nah.

I presume that "Metal Gear Skopio" is going to be the most expensive set this year?

It looks great, and I wish I could buy it but I just can't see me getting it.

Has anyone got a decent estimate as to how tall it is?

Will/Rocketbilly

But the reason we have to pay so much is because it's more expensive for them to make stuff. :/

Sorry, that's what I meant. But surely it couldn't cost THAT much for us to get one extra Thornax per set?

But if I had to chosse between one extra Thornax.....or stronger, better plastic....I'd definitely go for the plastic....I only like the Thornax launcher on a few of the sets, and others I will/plan to leave them off. So I suppose my sets with launchers can get the unused ones.

I wish TLC would bring back Ammo Packs.

Will/Rocketbilly

Does this come from the same school of thought that the BZ kiddies have, where I proposed many years ago that they include lightup elements in sets and was hit with, "OMG, that'd raise the prices of each canister by 10 dollars OMG then Bionknicle will diiiiiieee NOOOO!"?

Because if so... lol.

I'm fairly certain the cost isn't ALL that different.

Vac-metalized gold chrome or gold paint, certainly... but just regular old gold plastic like they've been consistently spewing and is even in the blue Winter canister?

Nah.

No, my logic is more of some price raise to cover the costs of the materials (Gold plastic wouldn't be much more, but definitely more, else Mata Nui would've been 50% gold in the first place), some of the price raise the cost of recolouring all of Mata Nui's pieces (none of them currently exist in gold), and the remaining price increase because come on, it's an all gold set, why wouldn't LEGO try to raise the price?

Then again, the price raise wouldn't need to be too much, but that would just lead to the second scenario I mentioned, where the gold Mata Nui would ruin the sales of Yata Nui.

(none of them currently exist in gold)

It's not a big deal. Just a matter of clearing out one color (completely) and ramming a different one through.

and the remaining price increase because come on, it's an all gold set

Doesn't need to be. Just color the mask, maybe those 2 shoulder pad thingies, the 2 ankle cuffs... then call it a day.

(An AWESOME day.)

Doesn't need to be. Just color the mask, maybe those 2 shoulder pad thingies, the 2 ankle cuffs... then call it a day.

(An AWESOME day.)

Do you mean like have those parts in Gold and the rest black, or vice versa? :sceptic:

Either way, I suppose we all know the real reason why Mata Nui isn't gold is that he'd out-cool the other sets if he was, and BZPers would have no reason to stick with BIONICLE once they got that elusive Gold Ignika.

Sorry to double post but:

tf09_arena_battle.png

New glatorian masks. Want badly.

Edited by 3D Brickthing

Check your eyes, those are the same old masks.

It is? On closer examination I suppose the spike on the red mask could just the be other foot armour. :cry_sad: Ah well. I hoped and dreamed. :sadnew:

It would've been cool though, if they had changed the enemy masks slightly to represent other Glatorian. It would've also made the game a lot more cannon, seeing there isn't much sense in fighting or playing as Malum if he's an exile. But then again, there shouldn't be a Zesk in the marketplace either...

A bit off topic: Is anyone good at using Paint Shop Pro XI??? I need help on something....

Anyway...I hope that the new Glatorian Game doesn't come too late...I remember how late it was for the Mistika Race Game...but at least...better late than never if that's the case...Does anyone know a possible release date??

A bit off topic: Is anyone good at using Paint Shop Pro XI??? I need help on something....

Anyway...I hope that the new Glatorian Game doesn't come too late...I remember how late it was for the Mistika Race Game...but at least...better late than never if that's the case...Does anyone know a possible release date??

Bink says he's not going to bother giving any projected release dates anymore, because if something comes up and it's unable to get done he gets a bunch of angry messages about how it's late.

Just like he got bombarded with PMs at 12:00 a.m. on Jan. 1st asking where the BIONICLE.com update was.

Hah, that's nothing compared to how long we had to wait for the VNOG. Was supposed to be out in November of 2005, but it was delayed nine months until September of 2006 due to debugging. And guess what - it still had a ton of glitches! :hmpf:

Hello Greg. It's nice to see you back here. Like most people, due to the recent Toy Fair, I have some questions. Though just 2 for now.

1. What's the point of having vehicles in the Arena? Regular matches seem to work fine, and you don't have to waste time and resources on repairing them. Though I have read that mostly Agori ride them. Is it because they are not fit for close combat like the Glatorian?

2. In answering another member's question, you said there would be a larger version of Mata Nui. Do you know why this was not shown at Toy Fair? Can you say anything else about it?

Thanks in advance. Atlas

1) It's because it makes it feel very Mad Max

2) My guess would be it wasn't shown because it is a store exclusive. The point of ToyFair is to show off your toys to retailers and trade press, and if only one store is allowed to carry it, sort of pointless to show it to the others.

LOL I have no idea what that is but it's just funny...

1) It's because it makes it feel very Mad Max

2) My guess would be it wasn't shown because it is a store exclusive. The point of ToyFair is to show off your toys to retailers and trade press, and if only one store is allowed to carry it, sort of pointless to show it to the others.

Mad Max are a series of a post-apocaliptic world where all survivors are in vehicles with weapons, ussually the vehicles are covered with spikes and that things

Mad Max are a series of a post-apocaliptic world where all survivors are in vehicles with weapons, ussually the vehicles are covered with spikes and that things

Oh... well that sounds cool! (and the name still sounds funny :laugh: )

Just noticed the pic with Gresh and Malum is backwards. the Jungle audeince and fire audience are on the wrong sides. :tongue:

BZPers would have no reason to stick with BIONICLE once they got that elusive Gold Ignika.

To be honest, that's a really lame excuse for not making a gold Ignika.

Edited by Icesaber

^^^ (Ew, I never knew it was set in Australia...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TViZKt-AX6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZT7SzA2MTM...feature=related

Pretty much, it's like a less Dragonball version of Fist of the Northstar (Hokuto No Ken) before it ever came out lol.

And Mel Gibson, before he turned into a megablocking LOOP.

The new Reign of Shadows is up. It's better than the first one, IMHO, but still so little actually happened, just more plan-making of the Nuva we know will fail because the Toa won't be able to stop Teridax. In all honesty I kinda find myself wishing there was no MU serial and we instead focussed entirely on Bara Magna, which I find myself liking much more than the MU. Well, for now at least. Once we find out the entire galaxy is actually inside a giant super-space-starfighter-robot made by the Ultimate-Above-All-Great-Being, I'm giving up on Bionicle.

"A Toa of Earth learns to … excuse the pun … keep his ear to the ground."

I wonder if Greg's trying to get back at BZPers in anyway? :grin: