VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

I really have no problem with it. It looks more metallic than the older plastic feel of the other movies and it looks as if it was based off the mouth of the new head molds of the Glatorian sets. His mouth/head color is a actually bley. Also, I really like the eye design for this, they're not big or fill up the eye hole. What I mean is that you can actually see some of Mata Nui's head through the eye holes like the toy masks. This I really like. As for the beetle pet thing, I'm just guessing that's what it is. I've seen it in two pictures, both with it on Mata Nui's shoulders, so I'm guessing the beetle will be with him for most of the movie. Also, I forgot to mention this, there's a Vorox in one of the backgrounds of the pictures. Very hard to make out what's new with it but it feels as if the Vorox will be bulkier in the movie than the actual set. It makes sense to me.

Are there any other Glatorian in the pics?

Edited by S-N

I really have no problem with it. It looks more metallic than the older plastic feel of the other movies and it looks as if it was based off the mouth of the new head molds of the Glatorian sets. His mouth/head color is a actually bley. Also, I really like the eye design for this, they're not big or fill up the eye hole. What I mean is that you can actually see some of Mata Nui's head through the eye holes like the toy masks. This I really like. As for the beetle pet thing, I'm just guessing that's what it is. I've seen it in two pictures, both with it on Mata Nui's shoulders, so I'm guessing the beetle will be with him for most of the movie. Also, I forgot to mention this, there's a Vorox in one of the backgrounds of the pictures. Very hard to make out what's new with it but it feels as if the Vorox will be bulkier in the movie than the actual set. It makes sense to me.

I'm pleased that they didn't make the mask a moving face itself, and I suppose the cut-out is the most logical thing for showing Mata Nui's eyebrows. It's a pity that the set doesn't have this, but yeah, I won't die from this change. It will be interesting to see how the other characters like Gresh look though.

That bug must be a try-hard Wall-E cockroach wannabe. IMO I don't like it, but BIONICLE 4 is a kiddie movie at heart, so kiddie touches must be expected. That said, the only way I want that thing to have any storyline significance is if Tuma kills it then Mata Nui goes all Ignika/GS-angry-spazz and kills Tuma because of it. :devil:

So what exactly is the device with the initials BR? Rocket booster doesn't fit.

A... bucket rooster?

-Ikk

Booster Rocket, it's a more appropriate name for a rocket booster for a space ship.

As sad as we knowing what it is is, we still need to discover how it does what it does and what kind of creatures live there. I presume the future-telling star property of the Red Star as seen in MNOG is now de-canonised. :sad:

Can you still see the O clips and + rods like you can see them in this pic ?

Can you still see the O clips and + rods like you can see them in this pic ?

Woah I just noticed - there is a mouth in that picture, it's just closed. There's a line across the knees of the V-Man. Pigbrick - is this the kind of mouth Mata Nui now has, or is it different?

Woah I just noticed - there is a mouth in that picture, it's just closed. There's a line across the knees of the V-Man. Pigbrick - is this the kind of mouth Mata Nui now has, or is it different?

Woah! you are correct sir! that there looks like a mouth!

Oh, for the love of F***.

-Ikk

Why would I love that?

Anyway, if scans of the new Brickmaster cannot be attained, could photos?

~Bunda

Hmm... Can't say I really like the changed Ignika-shape in this scan:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jaller14...nicle_4_pic.png

But I guess I can grow to at least accept it... I just liked the original version from the teaser better. =/

And I'm not sure if the + holes are still there... Still, aside from the Ignika, I like movie-Mata Nui. His armour looks metallic, at least, unlike that of the previous three movies...

EDIT: Forgot to say and just in case, the scan isn't mine, it's from a BZPower member, but I just took the liberty to post a link here.

Edited by Refia

Yup, I do like the New Mata Muvi. Thanks for the link Ref! :classic:

Two main improvements stand out to me sraight away- In that shot that looks like the teaser trailer, Mata Nui is now Metallic Yellongu as opposed to the Chrome gold that made up feel so ripped of with the set. Now the pain is eased a lot more and the Yellongu set looks more gold. :thumbup: Secondly, the Scarab Shield (cool name) is now the right colour, even though that colour is silver. :sad:

As I said earlier, I understand why the mouth thing as been done, and it's certainly better than making a moving Ignika face. I just hope that hole isn't canon, because poor Ignika to have a chunk of itself cut out like that! :cry_sad: Also, now the V-Man has skinny legs. :hmpf_bad:

On another note about the head, it's hard to tell if those lines above the V-Man on the close-up of Mata Muvi are dreaded-senseless eyebrows or if all the eyebrow expression will contained in the change of shape of Mata Muvi's eyes. I hope it's the later.

On a final note, those ankle cuffs and new arm joints are looking snazzy on the set. Can't wait to get multiples. :sweet: Also, there appear to be the mini-ball-joint/0.5+rod joint things to keep the leg armour in. I hope the designers utilise those typically-non-canister pieces in a combiner.

On a completely different note, did anyone actually find out why the Vorox have blue 3 pins on their limbs? :wacko:

On a completely different note, did anyone actually find out why the Vorox have blue 3 pins on their limbs? :wacko:

Nope. I just replaced them with some spare black 2 pins and kept the blue 3 pins as spare parts for later. It can always come in handy. ANd the Vorox set looks much better this way, too.

That bug must be a try-hard Wall-E cockroach wannabe. IMO I don't like it, but BIONICLE 4 is a kiddie movie at heart, so kiddie touches must be expected. That said, the only way I want that thing to have any storyline significance is if Tuma kills it then Mata Nui goes all Ignika/GS-angry-spazz and kills Tuma because of it. :devil:

Tuma: Insolent little bug! [swats the beetle away. The insect falls on the ground, on it's back.]

Mata-Nui: [insert Mata-Nui's name for the Beetle]? [Runs up to the dying insect. Drops onto his knees. Slowly and gingerly picks up his beetle.] It's going to be alright. It's going to be alright... right? [The Beetle dies in his hands. Long and emotional pause ensues. [several Glatorian Agori encircle Mata-Nui, with pity, sadness and disbelief on their faces. Tuma looks on with confusion with a hint of pity. Mata-Nui looks like his heart has been ripped apart... again. On the verge of what Toa do when crying.] No... no. It can't be... no... no! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!! [Mata-Nui roars up, screams at the sky. His golden armor turns black and the blue in his character turn blood red. A large ball of Life Energy encircles Mata-Nui. Mata-Nui turns visciously at Tuma, who's noting Mata-Nui's sudden transformation. Terror in Tuma's eyes. Mata-Nui picks up his Scarab sword-shield thing, stand-ups and looks enraged. Mata-Nui lunges at his enemy Tuma and prepares to strike.]

If that's the case, I kidna would like to see this happen. It can add to his character development. The Beetle would serve it's purpose.

I see one of the Space police aliens in the bottom corner...

Anyway, would youse be so kind as to link us to the topic? :cry_happy:

There is an image between his legs of him carrying that sword that didn´t make it to the set because of that damn Thornax Launcher.

There is an image between his legs of him carrying that sword that didn´t make it to the set because of that damn Thornax Launcher.

Well, at least the set isn't carrying dual launchers. Now that would have plain sucked (glares at Kongu Mahri).

And Pigbrick, you're welcome. :)

Edited by Refia

Mata Nui has a mouth in the movie?!?!?!

Ehhh

-Z

Edited by Zarathos

I'm not sure why but I get the feeling that beetle is pure evil...

But really I'm not at all phased by the whole mouth thing thanks to the three previous Bio Movies plus it'll help Mata-Nui convey more emotion than a blank mask would.

The movie looks a lot better than from the teaser it's kinda like a fusion between Set and Movie styles which could either turn out to be the two's deformed cousin or the potion for awesomeness.

*Yami*

I presume the future-telling star property of the Red Star as seen in MNOG is now de-canonised. :sad:

I don't think that these side stories and telling too much in PMs are what they seem - I think that they're Greg metaphorically kicking all story he 'wasn't involved with' in the crotch repeatedly. MNOG's had the canon beaten out of it.

ugh..... :sick: I'd rather have that prototype one...(the complete Ignika...) or even at least have that black part gold...I blame that person whoever made my mouth like that!! (get the joke?) :angry: (lol) :tongue:

Edit: But that Scarab beetle does look cute... :classic: I wonder if it has powers to create that sword....(probably not but that would be awesome!)

Edited by Toa Mata Nui

*snip*

Edit: But that Scarab beetle does look cute... :classic: I wonder if it has powers to create that sword....(probably not but that would be awesome!)

No chance. Greg said a while ago that it was an ordinary beetle.

No chance. Greg said a while ago that it was an ordinary beetle.

Well if it doesn't work...then would it ally with him like how that Hahnah Crab allied w/ Jaller?

In the Bionicle team we just had the chance of opening the new summer cans, and building the sets. It is really great to see all the hard work resulting in finalized products, ready to hit the store shelves. I picked a Mata Nui box, as I've been doing the modelling of the mask and the new swords. The mask was kind of a less artistic job, as it is linked to the well known visual appearence of Mata Nui. The swords was a new design, and I think the designer of it did a great job, which only needed few adjustments from me to be ready for moulding. I think it's so cool that the set comes with four of these swords. Please correct me if the swords are actually an old revamped design (I'm not that much into the Bionicle story and the older sets).

Apart from building sets we saw the starting scenes of the movie, and had an ice cream. The technical quality of the renderings in the movie is to my likings :-) The ice cream was awesome too, and was consumed in Legoland :-)

Bionicle forever :-)

Front

Edited by Front

in my opinion, i think that Mata nui mask can open a little part of the mask for show the mouth or something else..

I WILL EXPLAIN IT WITH PICTURESH:

mata_nui_normal.jpg

mata_nui_opened_mouth.jpg