VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Oh hey, Zahd got banned.

Interesting.

Jinzo is not exactly threatening... :tongue:

But for the sake of new discussion: Greg has announced that the Makuta's Guide to the Universe will be available in the US, but only in LEGO Stores and on S@H, due to Scholastic owning to rights to publish all Bionicle stuff in bookstores. Hopefully, though, this means that we will see The Crossing in English as well! =D

-Ikk

Interesting.

EDIT: What'd Zahd get banned for? I can't find anything on BZP.

Edited by Gunnar

That is a very hypocritical thing to say :hmpf:

I am not a hypocrite, if that is what you are implying :wink:

cash

although I haven't had to deal with him for some time, its nice to know he'll be emotionally distraught :3

From his closed Certavus topic, it was said that he asked to be banned. >__________<

I won't miss that RZ wannabe.

From his closed Certavus topic, it was said that he asked to be banned. >__________<

I won't miss that RZ wannabe.

I won't either.

He's waaay too nitpicky and emo about every little thing.

what do you mean BS? britney spears?

:laugh:

Oh hey, Zahd got banned.

EDIT: What'd Zahd get banned for? I can't find anything on BZP.

He uploaded an avatar with like 6 different frames saying that he got tired of BZP's strict rules and ignorant member base so he requested to be banned. Thank God. A staff member must have removed it.

- Sidorak

He uploaded an avatar with like 6 different frames saying that he got tired of BZP's strict rules and ignorant member base so he requested to be banned. Thank God. A staff member must have removed it.

- Sidorak

Nobody can ever just leave quietly, always gotta go out with a bang *rolls eyes*

Question for everyone who was around at the time:

When you first heard the Turaga were Toa, what did you think the Metru Nui story would be like?

When you first heard the Turaga were Toa, what did you think the Metru Nui story would be like?

Eh, I lost interest a bit, in 2004, anywho.

I wasn't much of a storyline geek then.

I didn't think anything.

Since Lego didn't send me Comics 14 or 15. D:

I remember seeing the next comic and thinking "Hey cool, City Toa!"

I think I was more into Card Games, and Video Games then. ._.

[-The Alchemyst-]

At first I didn't connect the dots and I thought there were other Toa still in Metru Nui... yeah... but like wild ones. Crazy kid imagination.

~Bunda

I remember getting some of the Toa Metru at a LEGO exhibition at a local museum, and being sad that I got all the Vahki except the green one. That's about me for 2004. It wasn't until 2007 that I finally read up about the storyline. :laugh:

I remember getting the Metruan in late '03 (I luffz yoo, Wal*Mart) and read the little mini comic inside. When I first sat the Toa Metru I thought that the Turaga died, and had new toa named after them in the future. And that Metru Nui was just Mata Nui in the future. But I also remember thinking that Dume had always been evil, and never let anybody into the real surface world where Mata Nui was. Like it was a conspiracy or something.

I recall that when I heard about it, I realised that based on the first movie, Turaga were older than Toa, so I thought they get youthicised in 2004 or something. I only realised that the Turaga were "older" when I heard about them being Toa sets. That was weird.

Then I was thinking that like Metru Nui is in a different time to Mata Nui, and there's a barrier and when you pass through it you're in the time before time. Don't know how that works, ask my ten-year-old self.

Then I got the fact that it's a flashback, Metru Nui is an ancient city, and the Toaraga were the protectors. Sounded really cool.

I assumed that the Turaga were never Matoran. Then I saw that the Turaga used to be Matoran-turned-noob-Toa, I was like eh. I mean I know there's a lot of room for character development and all if they're thrown into the role, but I would have liked if Metru Nui was always protected by the Toa Metru, and then the story starts when Matoran start to disappear. So that way they're experienced and awesome, the way the Turaga should be.

My reaction upon hearing BA#1 spoilers was basically:

"Who the hell is 'Lhikan'? Why did he give the Toa Toa stones? Wait, they were Matoran? They were Toa, and they were Matoran? Were they Rahi as well?"

Since the first Bionicle comic EVER published in Russia was the 16th issue, and it was published late summer'04... and Toa Metru CDs tricked me somehow...

I decided that civilization on Mata Nui grew more advanced, and Turaga became Toa, that stuff. I was so disappointed that all my theories were wrong when I got the comic))

But NOW I'd never been able to catch up with the storyline without internets and knowledge of English. Nowadays we have only one or two issues, and it's usually first issues of the year.

Glatorian #1 even wasn't published as a whole issue!

Lol I bet he knew he was gonna get hammer'd and wanted to save face by looking defiant 'till the end

He could've also saved face by not being such an megablocks, but nooo.

Also I forgot how I felt about Metru Nui lol. Probably something like OMG LAUNCHERS OMG NEW PARTS OMG TOOLS OMG MASKS.

Actually I am :classic:

In a way :alien:

Them's fightin' words! Put em' up!

Also, you've earned a hewkii9 Demerit! Yay! :tongue:

demerit.jpg

I recall seeing a promo pic of Toa Vakama, and was under the impression for several months that he was Metru Nui. The idea of it being a place completely escaped my mind.

Stronius=Obamanation! He's looks like an animal! But Obama's a good guy.

But Stronius is most likely a bad guy, what with him being special-forces Skrall and all that. Why not just say abomination?

I've got an addiction to the word Obamanation!

Obamanation!

POW!

MakutaNation!

I fear we have a Republican in our midst... :wink:

By the way, it seems that Makuta's Guide to the Universe will be available in the US - hopefully this means the books that have The Crossing in them will be, too.