VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

The word "trailer" is clearly a mistake. It's a TEASER, nothing more. I really hope that actual trailer will be released later, like with Mask of Light. Still, CGI looks very good, and MUSIC! Oh, Holy Throne, it's NOT something with pathos and orchestra, more metallic, just as I like.

And I deduce that BZP is hard to reach now. You can view this teaser here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pM05NOsjPQ

You're a lifesaver, Tyranide

-Z

Edited by Zarathos

My thoughts:

Stronius – He looks nice, though not fan of his chest armor. I didn't know he was a Skrall, but that does fit. Maybe buy.

Ackar – He looks cool, though bley hands fail. Flame sword is very cool, anyone else thinking Tahu? Mata red and orange is completely awesome, though I was surprised by Berix helm but it does work. I will get him.

Kiina – It's nice to see TLC trying out a nice torso, but I don't think this is it. New joints are nice. Also, what's her weapon? No buy here.

Gelu – Helm is awesome for T-visor/Mandalorian-ness. Also, the ice motif is good. I like the sword, though snowflake shields on arms are silly. I would also add Inika legs and different feet. A little generic though. Definite buy.

Vastus –“ Not a big fan, but the scythe is nice. Probably no buy.

Mata Nui – Good, but would've been better in gold. Not sure what his weapon is, but it looks cool. Not spectacular, but good. Maybe buy.

Don't like the vehicles at all, except the folding tank thing and the two-person motorbike (is it Kaxium?). I like the motorbike helms.

Can anyone tell me what these guys' storyline roles are? Obviously, I know who MN is. Stronius is a Skrall, but is he some kind of lieutenant to Tuma or something? Is he an individual? Who are the vehicle riders? Are the GLs related to their winter counterparts (canister and small set)?

Edited by Icesaber

I want BZP to review the pictures.

What would they have to tell us that we can't already see in the pics?

What would they have to tell us that we can't already see in the pics?

That Mata Nui has a Metru Head. :grin:

I'm disappointed with that trailer. Not because of the teaserness, or another goofy narrator, it's because right there, in the trailer we have the UDD map explained. And it's not that epic either. The curves on the edges are just purple gas clouds orbiting the planet quite closely, one of the moons is just space rock, and Spherus Magna clearly split in a way that left a giant crater, but there is no giant debris ring to account for that. :hmpf_bad:

I'm disappointed with that trailer. Not because of the teaserness, or another goofy narrator, it's because right there, in the trailer we have the UDD map explained. And it's not that epic either. The curves on the edges are just purple gas clouds orbiting the planet quite closely, one of the moons is just space rock, and Spherus Magna clearly split in a way that left a giant crater, but there is no giant debris ring to account for that. :hmpf_bad:

Actually, one of the moons, the blue one, is the EO planet, and the other is some green planet, which you guys guessed before. We still don't know if the purple gas things do something besides look purple :tongue:

Oh man. When I saw what the moons looked like I was LOLing (I know, that's not a verb)

BTW, I think Stronius is the figure that Talks to Skrall in Comic 1...

Oh man. When I saw what the moons looked like I was LOLing (I know, that's not a verb)

BTW, I think Stronius is the figure that Talks to Skrall in Comic 1...

He talks to him like a lesser being, and says he's not one of them, so that would imply Stronius is an... exiled Skrall? That would sorta be dumb 'cause we have an exile, Malum. Plus it wouldn't be like, "You betrayed our village!", like if it were some Agori.

Edited by Satellite Jack

Sweet!!! At last there's a trailer......hopefully more will come when time gets closer....oh an at least it's coming out earlier this year....Bionicle 2 and 3 came like in October while the 1st movie came in September....I hope this doesn't make a pattern...

Actually, one of the moons, the blue one, is the EO planet, and the other is some green planet, which you guys guessed before. We still don't know if the purple gas things do something besides look purple :tongue:

Nope, the blue one isn't the EO. It's cleary got the bumps and asteroid craters of a hunk of moon rock, and both moons are far too close for it to be possible to miss Bara Magna in the sky. In fact, from one of the moons, Bara Magna would be the sky. Also, the comet came from outside the UDD field.

He talks to him like a lesser being, and says he's not one of them, so that would imply Stronius is an... exiled Skrall? That would sorta be dumb 'cause we have an exile, Malum. Plus it wouldn't be like, "You betrayed our village!", like if it were some Agori.

Stronius is one of the Legend Glatorian, and he's a Skrall with a name. He's one of the best Skrall there is, yet Mata Nui still manages to beat him. That shadow being is either a shapeshifter, bonehunter or Agori spy.

Nope, the blue one isn't the EO. It's cleary got the bumps and asteroid craters of a hunk of moon rock, and both moons are far too close for it to be possible to miss Bara Magna in the sky. In fact, from one of the moons, Bara Magna would be the sky. Also, the comet came from outside the UDD field.

Well where does that leave the EO planet in our little equation then? :sceptic:

Now that makes no sense...if its just another planet...then what significance does it have??

Or maybe Spherus Magna was the combined name of the planets....which leaves BM, EO and a 3rd Planet unnamed...I have no idea...Kansas.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

<3

I think the Agori has a Flip mask.

and I'm now 100% sure that Baranus is an exclusive.

The Agori has an orange version of the super ugly Thornatus Rider mask. D:

The Teaser CGI looks pretty awesome.

I hated the narrator though. ._.

and Mata Nui was closer to set Form! And shiiiiny.

And Vastus's canister is a bit different. o.o

Looks so awesome though.

TLG: Make each canister like that. Nao

When I get Mata Nui, I'm definitely going to raise the Metru chest up a notch.

And his upper legs are a Metru top leg, but his Arms are a Inika Top Leg. =/

And Scythe is smaller than I thought for Vastus. D:

[-The Alchemyst-]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Graphics are fantastic! And the space-shot of the UDD System is gorgeous. This means that, probably...

- the EO Planet is NOT one of the Moons, since the Ignika comes from somewhere else. Meaning the organic birds are still a mystery. =D

- the rest of the debris left over from Spherus Magna formed two supercool purple clouds of gas and rock.

The UDD Map is explained in the teaser, yes, but it already was on Bio.com. The REAL mystery remains: what's the big plan the GBs crafted to fix all this, and what is Mata Nui's role in it? Mysteries lie with the characters, not with the geographics and the events.

Me likey. =D

-Ikk

<3

It is. It flips around and becomes the masks on the Cendox figs. And the Skopio driver has a backwards Spikit head.

I'm starting to really like Vastus. He's pretty much the only green canister set to really look like a Jungle warrior.

I'm starting to really like Vastus. He's pretty much the only green canister set to really look like a Jungle warrior.

At first, I thought he looked good, but then I saw his pics and thought that the vine things looked tacky, but he's warming up to me again.

At first, I thought he looked good, but then I saw his pics and thought that the vine things looked tacky, but he's warming up to me again.

I think the problem was that the actual final Vastus was poorly posed. Because look at Mata Nui, he was good posed (or Stronius too)

<3

and I'm now 100% sure that Baranus is an exclusive.

The Agori has an orange version of the super ugly Thornatus Rider mask. D:

The Teaser CGI looks pretty awesome.

I hated the narrator though. ._.

and Mata Nui was closer to set Form! And shiiiiny.

And Vastus's canister is a bit different. o.o

Looks so awesome though.

TLG: Make each canister like that. Nao

When I get Mata Nui, I'm definitely going to raise the Metru chest up a notch.

And his upper legs are a Metru top leg, but his Arms are a Inika Top Leg. =/

And Scythe is smaller than I thought for Vastus. D:

[-The Alchemyst-]

The Vastus canister is probably the final one. The others are still prototypes. :P

I hope that's true...is there any evidence to support it, or is that just wishful thinking? :tongue:

Will/Rocketbilly

I hope that's true...is there any evidence to support it, or is that just wishful thinking? :tongue:

Will/Rocketbilly

He was saying it as a joke. :P It's definitely a Glatorian head.

I don't see what people like in Vastus.

Especially his mask, it's just so ugly. @_@

[-The Alchemyst-]