3 hours ago, Lok24 said:

I meet many people on exhibitions who use SBrick or Buwizz and a smart device. Since many years, even at times with PF only.
A great advantage is that you have more options and a display for feedback.

We have no reliable data (unless you did ask them) whether they are using it because they wanted to or because they have no other option.

More options are great, some displayed feedback as well, but being forced to look away from your model is great disadvantage. It's surely fine for GBC module, train or some stationary machine, but for the rest it's better to see the model rather the screen.

3 hours ago, Lok24 said:

And very many that don't need a tactile feedback.

I might use it not clearly: tactile feedback from the remote, no force feedback style. I mean being able to move your fingers to another controls without looking at the remote.

19 hours ago, Mikdun said:

It's surely fine for GBC module, train or some stationary machine, but for the rest it's better to see the model rather the screen.

Even for GBCs, gondolas and chairlifts or any such thing, debugging requires looking carefully at the build while controlling speed in a precise manner... The train controller is unbeatable in doing that imho.
I absolutely agree with the statement that we need ways to control things (remotely or not) without ever having to look at the remote, and in a way that we can feel the controller. Buttons, levers, rotary controllers are great, touchscreen is garbage for that.
When it comes to "programming" things, doing it on a phone screen is okay (computer is better imho, much more versatile and easier to code directly for complex behaviours...). But tactile controlling isn't.

This is what I've been saying. Yes people use their phone/tablet screens but I think it's something they put up with, not something they actually want. And most MOCs are not stationary, certainly every Lego PU set has been mobile unless I'm forgetting something.

7 minutes ago, allanp said:

And most MOCs are not stationary, certainly every Lego PU set has been mobile unless I'm forgetting something.

21335?

Touch screen control can be a wonderful thing if my competitors of TechBall at AFOL conventions all use touch screen control for their robots.  :pir-classic:

18 hours ago, kolbjha said:

21335?

Ah yes, forgot that one.

Edited by allanp