ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego AbramsX Main Battle Tank

Hi guys! Long time to see! I was very busy, but in recent times I found time to build something new! Today I show you my AbramsX Main Battle Tank, the latest version of M1Abrams MBT series.

The AbramsX is the next development of the M1Abrams MBT of the USA Army. The AbramsX features a lightweight Watervliet Arsenal XM360 smoothbore gun. It has a hybrid diesel-electric power pack. The tank feature a 30 mm chain gun in a remote weapon station, active protection systems, an augmented reality suite that would increase the crews' situational awareness thanks to cameras and sensors mounted around the tank's exterior, a silent mode when running on electric power, the ability to be updated more easily than existing tanks and use loitering munitions such as the AeroVironment Switchblade as well as surveillance drones. It feature, also, reduced weight for improved mobility and a unmanned turret (with autoloader for the cannon). The tank could be equipped with ERAs.

53000766639_c360cd731a_c.jpg

53000015737_464ed57dac_c.jpg

53000766579_81c0e31e28_c.jpg

53000995920_6ca20703b3_c.jpg

53000766554_6063db1722_c.jpg

53000614981_d85dcf6976_c.jpg

Looks awesome, but one quick correction: the AbramsX is just a platform for upgrades to the Abrams that was built by General Dynamics. As far as I know, the U.S. army has not officially expressed interest in the AbramsX, but will likely take some components from it for the next upgrade.

8 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Nice Jordan!

Thank you! :pir-thumb:

7 hours ago, Legosim said:

Looks really excellent, glad to see you building again!

Thank you too! I'm already working on another MOC btw :wink:

3 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Looks awesome, but one quick correction: the AbramsX is just a platform for upgrades to the Abrams that was built by General Dynamics. As far as I know, the U.S. army has not officially expressed interest in the AbramsX, but will likely take some components from it for the next upgrade.

Thank you!! I know, I like to think that in the future it could replace the old Abrams which are almost obsolete by now, of course it remains a technological demonstrator, but in spite of this it has still been subjected to field tests, I read. :thumbup:

In response to that, I would argue that the Abrams is still the best MBT on the planet. I prefer the manned turret as opposed to the remote one, as remote technology can break easier than manned tech, and the new engine can be used to extend the operating range. 

Sweet build. Everything from the working suspension system up is well detailed. Swapping out the inefficient turbine for a diesel / hybrid is great. I love that you included the engine internally too.

1 hour ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

In response to that, I would argue that the Abrams is still the best MBT on the planet. I prefer the manned turret as opposed to the remote one, as remote technology can break easier than manned tech, and the new engine can be used to extend the operating range. 

Yep, still the best, but nowadays a little bit old, that requires a lot of upgrades (that's why exhist a lot of variants). It would take a war (obviously not) where the new generation of tanks can express themselves at their best, in order to draw the right conclusions.

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

Sweet build. Everything from the working suspension system up is well detailed. Swapping out the inefficient turbine for a diesel / hybrid is great. I love that you included the engine internally too.

Thank you, always appreciated! :blush: