Sign in to follow this  
Fabio venni

[MOC] Lego island

Hello there! this is my first MoC, started when the barracuda Bay came out, it was on and off a 3 years project about 150 hours I think, no idea how many pieces. Bad initial set of images for receiving some feedback. How do I promote this? any chance I could enter a contest with this, I guess is too big for Lego Ideas, right?

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1517.jpgIMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

Skull copied blatantly from https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/2d3f47a4-66c9-4f41-92ee-87ccc9fbf2df/application/a545424c-6b49-4a9a-a7a1-3ebcb39a4c67

This is one gorgeous MOC and superb way to sail-in introduce yourself to the pirate community. So many great details on every picture, I love it, especially the angled layout of the harbour. :pir-thumb:

Do you have one wide-angled image of the whole build where we can see both the harbour and the skull (without the ship)?

Wonderful diorama! There are many fun details. The pirate villa is great and i really like the skull island and the path under the palm trees :pir-huzzah2:

Only the ocean looks a bit to uniform imo. Maybe just add the 1x2 tiles randomly and mix in some 1x1 plates where needed?

Hello - the images aren't loading for me. Is your host perhaps having issues? Thanks

The pictures are loading but there are many and the file sizes are really big and add up to quite some mb. Takes a long time until everything is loaded for me.

On 6/24/2023 at 8:17 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Wonderful diorama! There are many fun details. The pirate villa is great and i really like the skull island and the path under the palm trees :pir-huzzah2:

Only the ocean looks a bit to uniform imo. Maybe just add the 1x2 tiles randomly and mix in some 1x1 plates where needed?

Thanks a lot mate! I had this feedback many times, I like it to be flat, I tried many different patterns but ocd kicks in, I need some tessellation math, I tried to make a wave but not up to standards…yet

7 hours ago, Spacedude studio said:

Amazing work! The alley with the palm trees and stones is so cool! :pir-triumph::parrot::jollyroger:

Thanks a lot!

6 hours ago, evancelt said:

Hello - the images aren't loading for me. Is your host perhaps having issues? Thanks

6 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The pictures are loading but there are many and the file sizes are really big and add up to quite some mb. Takes a long time until everything is loaded for me.

I’m sorry, tomorrow I will try to post some better compressed pictures

13 hours ago, Fabio venni said:

Thanks a lot mate! I had this feedback many times, I like it to be flat, I tried many different patterns but ocd kicks in, I need some tessellation math, I tried to make a wave but not up to standards…yet

Thanks a lot!

I’m sorry, tomorrow I will try to post some better compressed pictures

I downloaded a picture for testing and it had a whopping 14,7mb! I think it is better to post pictures with less than 1mb.