CommanderJonny1

[M4-23 - Nature Is After You!] - Swamp Surprise

The Hunter has become the Hunted.

The Rebels created a base within the swamps of Caligo, but the Empire has followed a team back to the planet and are looking for them. The rebels have been dealing with some subterranean nuisances, but unbeknownst to both sides, their presence has also disturbed one of Caligo's more territorial creatures, and Nature has decided to strike back. Only together can they survive.

Swamp Surprise #1

Swamp Surprise #2

Swamp Surprise #3

Swamp Surprise #4

Swamp Surprise #5

Swamp Surprise #6

Swamp Surprise #7

Swamp Surprise #8

Swamp Surprise #9

Swamp Surprise #10

Swamp Surprise #11

I was originally going to use the Rebel Pathfinders from Endor, but since Stud.io didn't have the parts, I created my own Rebel Jungle Troopers, with a similar situation with the Rebel jet trooper. I also wanted to include a reference to the E.T. easter egg, but I didn't know if that was allowed or not, so replaced it with the underground scene shown. Wasn't sure about the trees, but I wanted to include some appropriate foliage to accompany the scene.

On 6/11/2023 at 7:49 AM, MKJoshA said:

Very clever use of the turkey body!

Thank you! Although I must confess that I'm not that clever; I saw a picture of a Murloc Tidehunter made by AdNorrel on Flickr, and thought it was neat. Couldn't quite figure how he did the connections, but I knew I wanted to use that in a monster design, and just went from there.

20 hours ago, Jody Meyer said:

This is a great Digital build, some planning involved with those trees and trooper placement. 

Thanks! I started out with the base idea of the build and the number and types of figures I wanted, but every monster I came up with seemed to be a bit big for the scale I was going for. I actually had to lengthen the depth of the build to accommodate everything I wanted, and in the beginning I only had the stump of the front tree and its rock work plus the shoreline laid out. The finishing of the front tree and the placement of the two trees in the back and the figures were actually the last thing I did, because I wasn't sure if I needed to adjust the dimensions of the base again. At the very least, the original build idea was flexible enough to contain all the changes :tongue: