Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

General LEGO Star Wars Discussion and Questions

12 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

I've been looking at bricklink and was looking at Zam Wessel when I realised there's a massive price difference between her torso (roughly 5 cad) and legs (nearly 70 cad) price. What's with the discrepancy? Some massive surplus of Zam torsos in circulation?

Honestly could be anything. It could be that Zam's legs are harder to find by searching a description of the legs in BL, and sellers who don't know they're Zam's legs give up trying to list them, not knowing the worth. It could be that like @ForgedInLego says, the legs just break easily for some reason. It could honestly be as simple as someone having army-built characters using zam legs half a decade ago if/when they were cheap. I sell a lot on bricklink and pricing is weird. Stuff drastically increases or decreases in value seemingly randomly. 

49 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly could be anything. It could be that Zam's legs are harder to find by searching a description of the legs in BL, and sellers who don't know they're Zam's legs give up trying to list them, not knowing the worth. It could be that like @ForgedInLego says, the legs just break easily for some reason. It could honestly be as simple as someone having army-built characters using zam legs half a decade ago if/when they were cheap. I sell a lot on bricklink and pricing is weird. Stuff drastically increases or decreases in value seemingly randomly. 

Yeah it's really weird, I was looking for mainly arms and hands to complete my armless zam with cracked torso, but guess It'll thankfully be pretty cheap to complete a great fig

Maybe because it's sand purple that it is fragile and breaks easily like how dark red and reddish brown used to be.

24 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Maybe because it's sand purple that it is fragile and breaks easily like how dark red and reddish brown used to be.

To be honest I've never had a serious leg break on any colour, it always seemed to me that torsos were the fragile part of a figure, my zam torso has both sides cracked but the legs in perfect condition 

In my experience, legs are more prone to catastrophic failure more than any other part. Torso cracking is far more common, but I don't count that as "catastrophic", by that I mean you can't put the fig back together type bad. Think arm hand hole cracked open to torso completely cracked in half which has happened more than once. Plenty of broken hips, light grey, light blueish gray, dark blueish gray, dark tan, of course brittle brown, black... the list goes on. I know I had a Zam at one point, but she got lost over a decade ago so who knows. Collectors probably don't have this problem, but Lego's target audience definitely does