Sign in to follow this  
DMRR WOLFE

Santa Fe F7 Warbonnet and the SF F7 Fleet (MOC)

I finished my Santa Fe F7 Warbonnet last night so now the fleet is complete! Phew! On to instructions and finalizing graphics!!

Funny thing I just discovered too... the "Super Chief" was actually the name of the train that ran from Chicago to California and not the name applied to the "Warbonnet" locomotives

Did Lego get this wrong? Have I been horribly misled by Lego all these years? What's next? Is the Winter Village NOT really modelled after the actual village at the North Pole?

So, does anyone know why Lego called set 10020 the "Super Chief" and labelled the coaches "Santa Fe...?"

Thanks! DMRR Wolfe

more images on my public Flickr photostream:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/194135750@N08/

LEGO TRAIN MOC SANTA FE F7 WARBONNET DMRR Wolfe 01LEGO TRAIN MOC SANTA FE COLLECTION DMRR Wolfe 03LEGO TRAIN MOC SANTA FE COLLECTION DMRR Wolfe 05

Again very nice job(s) @DMRR WOLFE. I like all the different schemes. With newer parts and a little width increase a great train becomes fabulous. LEGO is never too clear on how they come up with these things. It was an 'Icon' made for the US market. I got one so they were sometimes sold in the EU but they were hard to find (especially because there were no official LEGO stores back in those days of course). There is even a limited edition and there used to be a register of the people owning the limited version at lugnet.

Apart from that, could you please try to keep things together and not flood Train Tech (Thanks!)

Great! Do these use parts that are hard to come by? I mean like the original Lego version with some parts.