MontyMatte

[MOC] A HUT NEXT DOOR

This model is inspired by the question where all the medieval villagers live – those who trade in the market, who served the kingdom or work at the blacksmith’s. Maybe some of them have a more than satisfactory life in a comfortable residence - but many others may just live in A HUT NEXT DOOR - no reason not to acknowledge this in an appropriate way.

0qRDRrX.jpeg

Ppv2PqU.jpeg

Ppv2PqU.jpeg

ipls0Ls.jpeg

About my intention:

After completing my last project, I wanted to relax and build a simple cabin. White framework, otherwise no precise ideas. It quickly became clear to me that building the hut without some functions and interior wasn’t enough.

About the model & its functions:

The focus and desired strength of the model is an attractive and detailed appearance. This should make it an eye-catcher - regardless of whether it is alone or next to a matching model from your own collection. Examples that reinforce this impression are the blue door, the tree and the detailed roof. In addition, the set offers some features including interior to explore.

Overall, the model consists of around 1350 parts, which can be categorized into four sections: front and rear building, brick extension and garden/courtyard.

Functions:

- The roof segments can be opened individually and in different ways. They provide a first insight.

- By unfolding the building at the side, you get a closer look at the many lovely details inside.

- One wall of the extension can be removed

- As well as my favorites: A hidden treasure under the carpet and a mouse that steals the cheese

(A squirrel a bird and two sub-models (dummy knight and merchant's cart) complete the set.)

CSefNwn.jpeg

Ns0HZGx.jpeg

fqfFoZR.jpeg

ZGGd6fy.jpeg

ZGGd6fy.jpeg

tCx16ok.jpeg

Minifgs:

In my own storyline, a former servant of the kingdom lives reclusive and embittered in his humble home. He's been through a lot, but his little daughter makes sure that the sun doesn't completely disappear from his heart. She's a warhorse. Unflappable and thirsty for knowledge. There is so much of his former self in her.

His closest confidante outside is the garrulous merchant. A contrasting character, but one of the few people he accepts the presence of. And someone who knows more about current events than you might think. Likewise about the past. And this is exactly what is returning with the latest news.

879vf6V.jpeg

Don't worry! As it is with LEGO, everyone tells their own story. And I'm looking forward to yours!

BTW: While ordering some parts, I became aware of the upcoming BDP campaign. So one thing led to another. The new conditions of participation allowed me to submit a model and the requirements and restrictions were a formidable challenge. Count me in! Link to Bricklink Designer Program: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-1/263/A-HUT-NEXT-DOOR

If you like this project ofc I'd appreciate a support (=Like/Love) and a short comment on Bricklink. As well as your feedback, suggestions and critism.
Yours, Tobi aka MM

Great little model! I really like a lot of details: the sliding wall, the girl's stilts, the openable roof and the hiding place for savings under the floor. Good luck!

This is more than a simple hut. All the details and backstory makes it more than the parts. I really like how you did the roof work.

On 3/20/2023 at 2:50 PM, Feuer Zug said:

This is more than a simple hut. All the details and backstory makes it more than the parts. I really like how you did the roof work.

Thanks so much for this lovely feedback. Glad you've read my backstory :) Good to know someone has noticed it ;)

On 3/20/2023 at 12:05 PM, Albrick said:

Great little model! I really like a lot of details: the sliding wall, the girl's stilts, the openable roof and the hiding place for savings under the floor. Good luck!

Thanks Albrick, my dear Castle friend. Time to say that I really like your work(shop) - it's inspring! :) Keep it up.

Phew! What a tremendously detailled and self-consistent MOC. In terms of functions I really love your approach of not letting it be just a neat eye-catcher, but giving many different ways to explore the build.