JLiu15

Missing pieces in Stud.io

Recently as I've been using Stud.io, I've found that many pieces (mainly Technic) I often use have become unsearchable. They still show up if I already have them in my model and I click on them, but searching for the part or even part number turns up nothing. Some pieces that have gone missing for me include 60485 (axle 9L), 32002 (pin 3/4), and 87083 (axle 4L with stop). My Stud.io seems to be the latest version since it's not asking me to update it. Is this a glitch with Stud.io or could I have unknowingly changed a setting? Any help is appreciated!

Hmm, that's strange. I searched up those parts you mentioned and they appeared in Stud.io for me. Have you tried checking C:\Program Files\Studio 2.0\ldraw\parts to see if the aforementioned parts are there? If not, then perhaps you might have to reinstall or somehow download the latest parts library. 

Since a few Stud.io versions on my Mac I have to hit the 'Hide unavailable parts in the selected color' filter a few times until it really becomes active because on opening Stud.io I have the parts list behavior you describe.

3 hours ago, Berthil said:

Since a few Stud.io versions on my Mac I have to hit the 'Hide unavailable parts in the selected color' filter a few times until it really becomes active because on opening Stud.io I have the parts list behavior you describe.

There’s a couple bugs associated to that checkbox.  Notably when it’s checked at startup.  You need to uncheck and recheck it and then it works.

9 hours ago, Berthil said:

Looks like I had that option selected. I turned it off and those pieces were showing again!

Since I build with real bricks what I design in Stud,io, this option is always on for me. I see the bug was reported in September 2022 but it feels if it is already longer there because it is quite annoying as rebuilding the parts list while unchecking/checking takes a while. That said, I'm very happy with Stud.io so I'll be patient and wait till it gets fixed. I'm hoping for a fix on every update but it seems the BrickLink Designer Program Series 1 got priority. I'm using Stud.io almost every day.

News: it’s actually almost fixed, you just need to refresh the palette, so: uncheck/recheck does it, but also starting a search or toggling the decorated filter… or simply pressing Tab!

Update 2.23.3 did not fix the issue. Having the checkbox on in a previous session and closing and opening Stud.io, the checkbox is still on but the parts filter is not active. Uncheck/recheck now seems to work better, at least now the checkbox reflects the actual state of this setting after one uncheck/recheck where previously it needed multiple unchecks/rechecks to get in sync (on my iMac).

On 3/6/2023 at 6:24 PM, SylvainLS said:

.... but also starting a search or toggling the decorated filter… or simply pressing Tab!

This seems a good workaround but has to be done after every color change!

With Studio, I found that the updates changed the parts library to include sets for parts. After I did my update, my program defaulted to the Library BDP series 1. I had to go to that drop down and change it to main to get all the parts back. I don't mind the programmers tweaking the software.