Sign in to follow this  
Vdog

[LEGO IDEAS] Rivian EDV700- Amazon electric delivery van

Hi Everyone,

AMAZON EDV700 - ELECTRIC DELIVERY VAN BY RIVIAN

I would like to introduce you to my newest digital moc submission to Lego Ideas the Rivian electric Amazon van!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b268656b-6643-4613-b1e4-11e56671eb66

The future is green, and it is powered by low emission electric vehicles like the Amazon EDV700 (electric delivery van) by Rivian. Amazon has ordered over 100,000 of these EDV's from Rivian, and will be replacing all of their gas combustion engine vans with these electric ones worldwide by 2030.

Like many AFOL's I have received many LEGO sets delivered via Amazon drivers. I designed this set to help promote a change from gas powered to electricity powered vehicles. Electric vehicles like this Amazon EDV help reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, and protect the planet. The real life EDV700, is 23 ft long, weighs 9300lbs, has 660 cubic feet of storage space, 1 electric motor, and a battery with 150 miles of range, that can fast charge at over 200 kw.

fzeQ5YT.png

This minifigure scale version is 10 studs wide and 28 studs long. It features a fully functional roll-up rear door. The van holds many boxes, and has a red dolly for heavy items. This proposed set would come with 1 delivery driver minifigure. The cabin of this van is just like the real EDV700 with giant touchscreen displays, a ergonomic drivers chair, a folding passengers seat, and a fire extinguisher.

I would have preferred 8 wide as that would fit better with the 8 wide speed champion standard Lego now uses. However the rules on the Lego Ideas website only allow you to use existing production parts, (recolors are allowed) but not new part molds. To get it to 8 wide would mean a new windshield mold and new curve slopes. The van itself is approximately 600 pieces.

ONgJqOy.png

IoDOb5s.png

Every city themed moc could use one of these minifigure scale EDV's, driving around town doing deliveries. This van although 10 studs wide fits nicely with the modern 8 stud cars. This set was built digitally using Bricklink's studio 2.0 program. I designed the logo stickers using Bricklink's part designer program, however ideally if this set makes it to 10,000 votes and is produced the logo's would be printed on the tiles.

LnBTf6Y.png

If you care about the environment, or want to add realism to your city moc's, or just enjoy receiving packages delivered to your door, then the Amazon EDV700 - electric delivery van by Rivian is a must add set to your collection.

lAW9tha.png

The curves on the front fenders were the hardest to replicate in Lego form. The back end and the functional roll up door turned out to be the easiest.

jAz6yZf.png

Driving on the highway in the morning there is always dozens of Amazon trucks driving 1 after another.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/checking-in-on-the-rivian-amazon-edv-electric-van/

1677792088539-e599edf7-7364-462a-85ef-b6

1677792789891-d6e5f7fe-7a6d-4011-9b1b-70

MO2mWjk.png

FKFie4o.jpeg

Lego Ideas fan submissions which made it to 10,000 compared with the actual set that Lego produces, they are rarely identical. The Lego designers usually completely rebuild it. The purpose of the Lego Ideas fan model is to be a visual representation of the idea and generate interest from the public. Crowdsourcing enables the Lego group to see what is trending among consumers, it allows Lego employees to discover new building techniques, and it drives engagement with the AFOL community. When you vote on Lego Ideas, you are not really voting for the fan model as is, instead you are voting on the idea the moc represents.

Thank you for taking the time to check out this Rivian Amazon EDV700 Lego Ideas project. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b268656b-6643-4613-b1e4-11e56671eb66 If you like this project please consider voting for it and sharing it on your social media.

Wow, looks very cool! Jeff should contact LEGO and make it a set ;)

6 hours ago, JopieK said:

Wow, looks very cool! Jeff should contact LEGO and make it a set ;)

Thanks for the compliment, I hope it does make the 10,000 votes and Jeff agrees to a Lego collaboration in the review stage. It would be a disappointment if Lego loses the Rivian IP to Meg Blocks like they did the Tesla IP.

15 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very cool, it looks like the original! :wub:

Thank you

On 3/4/2023 at 8:59 PM, Vdog said:

Hi Everyone,

AMAZON EDV700 - ELECTRIC DELIVERY VAN BY RIVIAN

I would like to introduce you to my newest digital moc submission to Lego Ideas the Rivian electric Amazon van!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b268656b-6643-4613-b1e4-11e56671eb66

The future is green, and it is powered by low emission electric vehicles like the Amazon EDV700 (electric delivery van) by Rivian. Amazon has ordered over 100,000 of these EDV's from Rivian, and will be replacing all of their gas combustion engine vans with these electric ones worldwide by 2030.

Like many AFOL's I have received many LEGO sets delivered via Amazon drivers. I designed this set to help promote a change from gas powered to electricity powered vehicles. Electric vehicles like this Amazon EDV help reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, and protect the planet. The real life EDV700, is 23 ft long, weighs 9300lbs, has 660 cubic feet of storage space, 1 electric motor, and a battery with 150 miles of range, that can fast charge at over 200 kw.

fzeQ5YT.png

This minifigure scale version is 10 studs wide and 28 studs long. It features a fully functional roll-up rear door. The van holds many boxes, and has a red dolly for heavy items. This proposed set would come with 1 delivery driver minifigure. The cabin of this van is just like the real EDV700 with giant touchscreen displays, a ergonomic drivers chair, a folding passengers seat, and a fire extinguisher.

I would have preferred 8 wide as that would fit better with the 8 wide speed champion standard Lego now uses. However the rules on the Lego Ideas website only allow you to use existing production parts, (recolors are allowed) but not new part molds. To get it to 8 wide would mean a new windshield mold and new curve slopes. The van itself is approximately 600 pieces.

ONgJqOy.png

IoDOb5s.png

Every city themed moc could use one of these minifigure scale EDV's, driving around town doing deliveries. This van although 10 studs wide fits nicely with the modern 8 stud cars. This set was built digitally using Bricklink's studio 2.0 program. I designed the logo stickers using Bricklink's part designer program, however ideally if this set makes it to 10,000 votes and is produced the logo's would be printed on the tiles.

LnBTf6Y.png

If you care about the environment, or want to add realism to your city moc's, or just enjoy receiving packages delivered to your door, then the Amazon EDV700 - electric delivery van by Rivian is a must add set to your collection.

lAW9tha.png

The curves on the front fenders were the hardest to replicate in Lego form. The back end and the functional roll up door turned out to be the easiest.

jAz6yZf.png

Driving on the highway in the morning there is always dozens of Amazon trucks driving 1 after another.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/checking-in-on-the-rivian-amazon-edv-electric-van/

1677792088539-e599edf7-7364-462a-85ef-b6

1677792789891-d6e5f7fe-7a6d-4011-9b1b-70

MO2mWjk.png

FKFie4o.jpeg

Lego Ideas fan submissions which made it to 10,000 compared with the actual set that Lego produces, they are rarely identical. The Lego designers usually completely rebuild it. The purpose of the Lego Ideas fan model is to be a visual representation of the idea and generate interest from the public. Crowdsourcing enables the Lego group to see what is trending among consumers, it allows Lego employees to discover new building techniques, and it drives engagement with the AFOL community. When you vote on Lego Ideas, you are not really voting for the fan model as is, instead you are voting on the idea the moc represents.

Thank you for taking the time to check out this Rivian Amazon EDV700 Lego Ideas project. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b268656b-6643-4613-b1e4-11e56671eb66 If you like this project please consider voting for it and sharing it on your social media.

While focusing on green initiatives like electric delivery vans is crucial, it's also essential to prioritize personal well-being. If you're interested in supporting healthy hair growth, you might want to check out these hair growth pills on Amazon here. Taking care of ourselves is just as important as caring for the environment, and incorporating supplements like these into our routines can make a significant difference. Thanks for sharing your Rivian Amazon EDV700 Lego Ideas project and for promoting positive change both for our planet and our health!

Wow that looks really interesting! 

Edited by Barry_Smith