JulianH

[CSE] Blacktron Deep Space Interceptor

Hi everyone! I'm new here - just got out of the 'dark ages' at the beginning of this year. I really liked the idea of this contest, so decided to participate. Sadly I do not have my old collection anymore, so I had nothing to work with... I Bricklinked some random black, yellow and trans-yellow/red parts and started to create something in the original Blacktron style.

Here is the Blacktron Deep Space Interceptor:

ukHQu5vlAHCrbiA1iTHRbV7N.jpg

The Deep Space Interceptor is an advanced Blacktron spaceship equally suitable for combat and reconnaissance. It is equipped with a detachable surface explorer hover speeder and a robot companion. Both pilot and robot can fit in the main cockpit. The robot can also pilot the speeder while it is attached to the main spaceship.

nyyNzWbsal1wsRnrX419T2YV.jpg

The power of the two giant engines under the wings can be used to travel in deep space or overcharge the front laser cannons.

IL2P3VEPdHXo0yTHFHCOKyPU.jpg

The wing flaps are adjustable and covered in extremely sensitive solar cells for extra energy generation.

A9eQnTfgvu82gdl0BdqOQpK2.jpg

The length of the spaceship with the speeder and all weapons attached is just under 40 studs. Blacktron Invader for scale (added to my collection shortly after building this entry).

oRKUkmEQqJsPQwZb8PpO9PhF.jpg

I still have much to learn - I'm really amazed by all the fantastic Classic Space MOCS that are out there and that are being submitted for this contest. Either way, I enjoyed giving this a try and contests like this really motivate me to build something. Thanks for organizing @Bob De Quatre!

Edited by JulianH

For something made out of just

17 hours ago, JulianH said:

some random black, yellow and trans-yellow/red parts

this is incredible! I love the greebling and overall shape, it looks very aggressive and suits Blacktron perfectly. Color blocking is only slightly messy and that’s totally excusable with the quote above. It looks fantastic next to the GWP cruiser too, could almost be another set in a new line!

On 2/13/2023 at 1:48 PM, Mr_Fikou said:

For something made out of just

this is incredible! I love the greebling and overall shape, it looks very aggressive and suits Blacktron perfectly. Color blocking is only slightly messy and that’s totally excusable with the quote above. It looks fantastic next to the GWP cruiser too, could almost be another set in a new line!

Thank you. That is really nice to hear!

Until recently I had never even heard of greebling, but since I discovered all the amazing Neo Classic Space designs I’ve been obsessed by it… I love how much more detailed this makes some MOCs compared to official sets. This is really the look that I want to go for in my builds (would have loved to do a full snot build, but did not have the parts for that).

One of the reasons I went with Blacktron was because I thought the Color scheme is easy. Turns out it is not so much! Really hard to get the right amount of yellow. My first versions had a lot more yellow on the front (and the hoover speeder still is way too yellow).