Sign in to follow this  
Wardancer

MEADS - Modular Elven Allround Defense System (revisited 2023)

MEADS - Modular Elven Allround Defense System (revisited 2023)

52672736872_901d0198a8_b.jpgMEADS - Modular Elven Allround Defense System (revisited 2023) by MWardancer, auf Flickr

Initially designed as an answer to the proliferation of evil airborne creatures, the MEADS manufactured by Rheinmetall has quickly become a true all-round Elven weapon. It is known as a long-range cavalry killer and effective troll deterrent. The prospect of encountering a sudden rain of bolts reinforced with Elven steel is something even medium-sized dragons frown upon. Due to its modular nature, versions with up to 10 launchers can be built if mobility is not of primary importance. Protect your Rivendell today with the Rheinmetall MEADS - Modular Elven Allround Defense System.       

That looks great. Good to see some appropriate use for one of the Nexo tiles too.

I would be honored to utilize said MEADS, if only more of the specifications were made public. As of yet it is unknown the type en length of ElvenRope™ needed, as the type of white elemental ElvenWood™ utilized in the design.

Kuddos, Wardancer! The Dragons will indeed be quite :dsad2: with this achievement.

On 2/16/2023 at 4:03 PM, GeoBrick said:

I would be honored to utilize said MEADS, if only more of the specifications were made public. As of yet it is unknown the type en length of ElvenRope™ needed, as the type of white elemental ElvenWood™ utilized in the design.

Kuddos, Wardancer! The Dragons will indeed be quite :dsad2: with this achievement.

I would be thrilled to see someone else's version defend an army, slay a dragon or guard a Rivendell...

The Elven Wood is this part:https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18395

It comes in many colors. As a customizer, I painted it with Revell paint (they make model airplanes and such). It is very easy paintjob. If you want to stay purist, bright light orange might be a choice or black if you have an evil faction.

Thr string is some simple sewing string. Make one knot to one end, tie it around the other and cut it off. No special measurement is needed. A bit tricky but once it is on, it is on.

In this older picture you can see the technique more clearly:

28761854922_cc81df7a47_b.jpgWar Machines by MWardancer, auf Flickr

The main axis uses illegally cut bars, but it would be possible to build this with legal techniques.

Tis part could be used for example: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32828#T=C

Wohoo, I am very surprised this got frontpaged as it was only a little side project. Maybe it is the moment for Elves now.

On 2/19/2023 at 4:18 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

They look great!

Thank you. A bit of cheating by painting here and there does the trick.