Lemerbrix

Favorite unintentional play feature?

Lego sets have lots of play features, but what is your favorite unintentional one, what I mean is play features that Lego doesn’t promote on the box

example: in Zane’s golden dragon jet, if you detach the cockpit, it can be used as an escape pod

so stuff like that 

23 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Hmm, I use a brick separator to scratch off lottery tickets.

Not exactly what I meant, I mean set specific unintentional play features, but now I know what to do if I ever get in the lottery business

Sorry couldn't resist, lol, it's hard for me to find play features as I really don't play, much but I have used LEGO for stuff it was not meant for.

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Sorry couldn't resist, lol, it's hard for me to find play features as I really don't play, much but I have used LEGO for stuff it was not meant for.

It’s fine, I thought this thread would get more attention

I like to use the rocket from City 60351: Rocket Launch Centre as Space Shuttle fuel tank + boosters (remove the top of the rocket), for example with the shuttle from 31117: Space Shuttle Adventure (or even go sci-fi futuristic with 80020: White Dragon Horse Jet after removing the tail blade/exhaust)

Not meant to be a realistic scale or anything, but it's still a decent size tower + rocket + shuttle that way, using 2 very recent sets.

Also I like to use that launch tower with the 80035: Monkie Kid's Galactic Explorer as well, as it's much bigger then the one that's included.

Edited by TeriXeri

^ For a complete Shuttle stack all from the same year, try the SLS from 60351 with the Shuttle from 41713. It's smaller than the Shuttle from 31117, and has a more City-like build.

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I like to use the rocket from City 60351: Rocket Launch Centre as Space Shuttle fuel tank + boosters (remove the top of the rocket), for example with the shuttle from 31117: Space Shuttle Adventure (or even go sci-fi futuristic with 80020: White Dragon Horse Jet after removing the tail blade/exhaust)

Not meant to be a realistic scale or anything, but it's still a decent size tower + rocket + shuttle that way, using 2 very recent sets.

Also I like to use that launch tower with the 80035: Monkie Kid's Galactic Explorer as well, as it's much bigger then the one that's included.

Those are some nice ones!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:00 PM, Johnny1360 said:

On a similar note, Brick separators are also really great at opening Pistachios… 

1 hour ago, MuscoviteSandwich said:

On a similar note, Brick separators are also really great at opening Pistachios… 

Ok…

On 1/23/2023 at 11:00 PM, Johnny1360 said:

On 1/28/2023 at 9:20 AM, MuscoviteSandwich said:

LOL - thinking outside the box!