Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm so glad for the minifigure confirmation. I just hope they give Cinderella and the prince accurate colors and that she's not a blonde in blue and he doesn't have brown hair in blue.

He said the clock was a nexoknight shield piece for the clock. Instead of it being on the face of the castle, what if its a clock build for the interior? Then maybe it can be the Disneyland castle. 

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

He also confirmed that the castle has minifigures, with a separate set (unknown build) having a bunch of minidolls.

i think that unknown set might be 43215 adventure park, thats rumored to have a lot of minidolls

If there are no villains in the castle set, that means Gaston will be in another set. The only thing I can think of is a set for Belle's village that would feature both Belle and Gaston, meaning we could get a ballgown Belle in the castle set and a blue dress Belle in a village set.

39 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

If there are no villains in the castle set, that means Gaston will be in another set. The only thing I can think of is a set for Belle's village that would feature both Belle and Gaston, meaning we could get a ballgown Belle in the castle set and a blue dress Belle in a village set.

Or it could be Beast’s castle based on the final battle scene. Either way I hope we get both looks for belle as minifigures. 

15 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Not sure if everyone’s seen them, but based on FluffySky6’s leaks on Reddit, FalconFan has posted new information:

43222: Disney Castle will have 4837 pieces and comes with a variety of princess and prince couples.

There will be a set that comes with Peter Pan, Wendy, and Tinkerbell, and is similar in size/piece count to the Up house. 

There will also be buildable characters of Lumiére and Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast, and potentially others. 

Overall, they sound exciting. The castle will be a good way to fill in that princess gap that we have, and it will be cool to see more buildable characters. Hopefully they’ll be the same quality as the leaked Simba. 

Which princesses are we missing, or are likely to be in that set?

Missing: Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Merida, Rapunzel.

Perhaps a repeat: Sleeping Beauty in blue, Ariel, Jasmine.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope the Castle doesn't use minidolls tho :tongue:

That would completely ruin the set imo.

I would never buy anything with minidolls.

Which princesses will be on that other set for the minidoll line???

15 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I wonder what the Peter Pan set will depict? The Darlings' nursery? I'm just glad we can expect a proper Wendy minifigure but I do hope the leaker isn't mixing this set up with that ghastly minidoll set based on the live-action remake since it seems too good to be true that we'd get another Peter Pan set so soon that could make up for the sins of the first.

Really hoping for Wendy. I would like that ship that Brick Clicker suggested but it may require a larger piece count.

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Jup. No minifigs, no purchase :tongue:

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

14 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Looking through the Reddit threads, FluffySky6 doesn't remember seeing any traditional Disney minifigures (Such as Mickey or Minnie) in the minifigure lineup, which seems to be entirely focused on princesses and princes.  He also stated that the castle has a printed clock that he directly compares to the one on the 40478 Mini Disney Castle, but larger.

Wonder if there will be some villains or supporting characters?

E.g., fairies, or lumière, etc.

14 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The Sleeping Beauty castle doesn't have a clock which means this is probably an updated version of the Cinderella Castle.

On the one hand, it makes sense that they re-make the 'flagship' castle in the repainted anniversary colors for the 100th celebrations, but I prefer they should just make the Sleeping Beauty castle. They just retired the main castle not too far back. Too early for a remake1

8 hours ago, stroud1492 said:

We don’t need another Peter Pan and tinkerbell, especially after just getting them in the Disney train. Give us new characters! Hoping for a decent Rapunzel tower this year with minifigs 🤞

Maybe this will be based on the upcoming remake?

I know I’m already setting myself up for disappointment here, but Im hoping they don't make Cinderella blonde and dressed in blue, medium nougat is much closer to her original animated movie colour hair. Ahh well 🙄 I echo all the opinions on minidolls, the only reason I bought the Ice Castle was that I knew I already had spares of Elsa and Anna in minifigure form for this very reason .. the only exception I’ve made is with Olaf .. he fits in with them surprisingly well.

Edited by Jarreth2

38 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Which princesses are we missing, or are likely to be in that set?

Missing: Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Merida, Rapunzel.

Perhaps a repeat: Sleeping Beauty in blue, Ariel, Jasmine.

Which princesses will be on that other set for the minidoll line???

Really hoping for Wendy. I would like that ship that Brick Clicker suggested but it may require a larger piece count.

On the one hand, it makes sense that they re-make the 'flagship' castle in the repainted anniversary colors for the 100th celebrations, but I prefer they should just make the Sleeping Beauty castle. They just retired the main castle not too far back. Too early for a remake1

Raya is also an official Disney Princess now although I've barely seen any merchandise for her. All of the princesses you listed have princes except for Merida so I don't know if they'd include her in the castle set if she doesn't have a companion.

The minidoll set has no confirmed characters so far. I don't think there's been enough interest in it lol.

I was hoping for the Jolly Roger as well but it really wouldn't work at the size of the Up house. And if it was the full Jolly Roger, I'm guessing we would get more minifigures. Perhaps it'll be a mini Jolly Roger like the flying ships used in the Peter Pan ride at the parks? As long as we get a proper Wendy minifigure based on her animated version, I'll be fine with whatever.

I wonder if maybe the Sleeping Beauty castle isn't considered iconic enough. Most people associate Disney with the Cinderella castle especially since it's the one used in the opening for every movie. The Sleeping Beauty castle, besides being way too small for most people's expectations, is also only at the original Disneyland. The Cinderella castle is at the Florida park and also the Tokyo park. 

3 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

I know I’m already setting myself up for disappointment here, but Im hoping they don't make Cinderella blonde and dressed in blue, medium nougat is much closer to her original animated movie colour hair. Ahh well 🙄 I echo all the opinions on minidolls, the only reason I bought the Ice Castle was that I knew I already had spares of Elsa and Anna in minifigure form for this very reason .. the only exception I’ve made is with Olaf .. he fits in with them surprisingly well.

After seeing how they made Aurora in the CMF series and how Snow White looks in the prototype image for the cottage set, I have very low expectations for a proper Cinderella. Both hair color and dress color unfortunately. I wish the Snow White we get will be one that looks like like your avatar pic, particularly color scheme wise, but the prototype image seems to suggest she'll have the same bright colors used in the BrickHeadz set.

7 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

He said the clock was a nexoknight shield piece for the clock. Instead of it being on the face of the castle, what if its a clock build for the interior? Then maybe it can be the Disneyland castle. 

Is it trapezoidal in shape?

Wonder if it could be the 100th Medallion:

856383-featured.jpg

4 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I wonder if maybe the Sleeping Beauty castle isn't considered iconic enough. Most people associate Disney with the Cinderella castle especially since it's the one used in the opening for every movie. The Sleeping Beauty castle, besides being way too small for most people's expectations, is also only at the original Disneyland. The Cinderella castle is at the Florida park and also the Tokyo park. 

Perhaps it isn't?

If the Cinderella castle gets made in its pink and blue color finish, I have very dim hopes that the Sleeping Beauty castle will ever get made - the SB castle is smaller, less iconic, and in the same colors. [sigh]

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

If the Cinderella castle gets made in its pink and blue color finish […]

I hope that’s the case. If they have to remake that set, at least give it a different colour scheme :laugh:

In preparation for May 1 and the release of the minifigures, where do people usually get complete sets of the minifigure series' and how much do they cost and do they release on the same day?

Also what stores do you guys think would have the series early?

1 hour ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

In preparation for May 1 and the release of the minifigures, where do people usually get complete sets of the minifigure series' and how much do they cost and do they release on the same day?

I used to get all my complete CMF sets from an eBay seller. But he jacked up the price to 109.99 for a complete Disney 100 set. With poor sales, it’s now down to 99/ set.

Ordered mine instead from an online retailer who’s charging 89+. I think I won’t go back to that eBay guy.

16 hours ago, hikouki said:

Is it trapezoidal in shape?

Wonder if it could be the 100th Medallion:

Its more pentagonal. 

Even if they color swap the castle it would not be very accurate. Cinderella's castle is more rose gold (which I dont think exists as a brick color). The other pinks would be to bright IMO. Sleeping beauty's castle has accurate brick colors to represent more accurately. 

1 hour ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

I have gotten in touch with my local Bricks and Minifigs. They said they could hold a case for me. But I could only get it on the 1st.  Most people try Kohl's or Barnes and Nobels for a chance to get them early. 

27 minutes ago, Sheesh417 said:

Even if they color swap the castle it would not be very accurate. Cinderella's castle is more rose gold (which I dont think exists as a brick color). The other pinks would be to bright IMO. Sleeping beauty's castle has accurate brick colors to represent more accurately. 

For the Lego Diagon Alley set, Quality Quidditch Supplies is that bright pink color even though it isn't accurate at all to how the shop really looks. My guess is Lego would just use the inaccurate pink color for Cinderella's castle.

Well I hope not. Otherwise it may look tooo cartoony. 

it needs to be lighter shades.

however sleeping beauty’s color scheme would be accurate with the types of bricks available. All I can say is I’d prefer it to be sleeping beauty’s castle and I’m hoping that’s what we get!

B4E6B0B3-3E43-48CA-99D0-87A5D1DE34BD.jpeg

5 hours ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

As i just saw the box of six show up on the Lego, I am hoping I can log in and pick up 2, and hope I get lucky! That being said, trying to get brand new Star Wars sets and Disney Mini figures on the same night will probably implode lego.

My store line gets so big early, I don't want to deal with it!

I work for Barnes and Noble, the minifigures are street dated for May 1 so even if they’re put out early, the registers won’t allow the sale. They can be preordered now, you would just have to pay in advance and they’re nonreturnable. I can’t guarantee ordering 36 would get an unopened case. On the other hand, I remember Walgreens getting some of the previous series’ early as well, definitely worth a try

Edited by stroud1492

32 minutes ago, stroud1492 said:

I work for Barnes and Noble, the minifigures are street dated for May 1 so even if they’re put out early, the registers won’t allow the sale. They can be preordered now, you would just have to pay in advance and they’re nonreturnable. I can’t guarantee ordering 36 would get an unopened case. On the other hand, I remember Walgreens getting some of the previous series’ early as well, definitely worth a try

I was also able to get the second series early from Five Below, incase that helps anyone

The 13 minidoll 43215 has been leaked by a Korean website. That’s a lot of princesses. Kinda disappointed at the lack of Merida and Snow White as they’re now the only 2 princesses missing in the new style (assuming the Ariel’s castle is a minidoll set - and her absence here I think strengthens that idea). But fun to see the random other 3 characters.

Still; I would’ve swapped out Alice and Wendy for Merida and Snow White. Tinker Bell makes a bit more sense as a kind of mascot. Wendy’s new hair is lovely though.

and yay for finally Pocahontas, I knew that accessory pin-hole in her CMF hair was a good sign

Edited by PotterBlocks

I am hoping Lego would release in minifig form all the Disney princesses that have come out already as mini dolls.

30 minutes ago, PotterBlocks said:

The 13 minidoll 43215 has been leaked by a Korean website. That’s a lot of princesses. Kinda disappointed at the lack of Merida and Snow White as they’re now the only 2 princesses missing in the new style (assuming the Ariel’s castle is a minidoll set - and her absence here I think strengthens that idea). But fun to see the random other 3 characters.

Still; I would’ve swapped out Alice and Wendy for Merida and Snow White. Tinker Bell makes a bit more sense as a kind of mascot. Wendy’s new hair is lovely though.

and yay for finally Pocahontas, I knew that accessory pin-hole in her CMF hair was a good sign

Thanks for the info. As a minidoll only collector I think this is a great set and will be snapped up by kids, it’s got a great aesthetic with the colour scheme and crystallized rocks, even reminds me of the good old days of elves. I think the minidoll line up is great, I really don’t like the new faces, they kind of remind me of a shocked my little pony with the big eyes but I think it’s the mouth, which really throws a lot of them off. Having said that, I think the Pocahontas face print is great as they’ve toned the eyes down and the mouth is normal, and actually looks more like Pocahontas in the film than the minidoll that never got released in the ultimate Disney princess celebration image. I also like the face print on tinker bell (surprised they included her but glad they did) and love the style of her in minidoll form. I’m impressed with the minidolls for Wendy and Alice and think they’re a great inclusion (however my opinion maybe biased as I have no intention of collecting minidolls we already have in the new style) just don’t like the faces although it suits Alice’s minidoll more. All in all great set, the price is high like all Disney princess sets but at least you’re getting all them minidolls and a good looking build.

This one is a huge pass for me.  Yes the build is similar to the Elves theme but the minidolls do absolutely nothing for me.  Definitely not worth the price to me.  Hopefully the good parts from the build end up in PAB eventually.

Wanted to buy the ice castle for the build but the mini dolls just turned me off! Lol

Somewhat worried that Merida and Snow White weren’t included in this minidoll set. Not entirely sure but could this be an indicator of what to expect for the minifig castle lineup? Snow White I think we’re getting in a separate set but no Merida would be a bummer especially if Mirabel is thrown in.

I get the popularity of Encanto but would really be a miss IMO if they include Mirabel in a princess lineup over Merida (and Snow White) 

Just saw the set…am I the only one that feels like the set itself was never meant to be a Disney set and they decided to just throw in a bunch of minidolls and relabel the box 

36 minutes ago, hikouki said:

WWanted to buy the ice castle for the build but the mini dolls just turned me off! Lol

Same here, but now I’m waiting to see what the Ariel set looks like…if movie accurate and a good looking build I’ll probably end up pulling the trigger on the ice castle and Ariel set 

Edited by DisneyLego