I wish Lego would  make different steering arms for this scale. There is to much play for RC on this short way.

52934202340_9e497e3645_c.jpg

52934254228_0d86c86757_c.jpg

52933961679_6b1d97c1c4_c.jpg

52933807006_8184ef214b_c.jpg

52934202260_39c6c80d47_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Just finished the build and I have to say I like it a lot. Looks great on the shelf.

Hello guys, please let me know what you think of my mod. It's an attempt to make this model look a little better than the original set. I don't mean to be disrespectful regarding the designer's work, I just think it feels a rushed release. I really like the fact that we were given the possibility to build this model, with the amount of detail that it has, but the building order could've been better and some minor improvements could've been implemented easily to make the overall look even better. Take the windshield for example. One stud back and it's continuous, just by rotating one part and adding one pin connector hub on each side. Or the rear lights, where two round red 2x2 tiles and one 1/2 pin for each side would've made it look way better and fresh, closer to the real car and still appropiate for the scale. As for the headlights... I'll leave that up to you to judge. Me, I'll rather have anything else instead of the solution that came with the set.

IMG_20240224_103211.jpg

Please bear in mind I only have this set in this color, so I had to use mainly the dark blue parts and panels that came with the set and didn't wish to add more than a few extra pins and other small parts here and there. Therefore, I had to shift some dark blue parts from areas of the car that have been overdetailed or that just work the same with less parts. Most of them were assigned to the bonnet, where I struggled to close the multitude of gaps that were added or already present. There is also a bonnet locking mechanism now, since there isn't much to see inside anyway and it also takes away some of the shakiness. With the headlights, I tryed to mimic the LeMans version and I think the reversed silver lines and dark blue zone printed on them actually help to define their true shape and inner looking better. Also, they are curved at the right angle now and they sit properly for a future light set. The stickers on each side of the grille now cover the small gap between the two parts that make the front bumper and, if you're not against it, you can shave a little bit from them, as I did, to fit in their new position. It doesn't affect the stickers too much, so I think I can live with that. You can visit my page on BrickSafe (https://bricksafe.com/pages/tibysan/42154-ford-gt) for more photos.

le.mans.headlights2.jpg 640x435.jpg

Free instructions will be posted on rebrickable in the near future. For the time being, spare time is very limited for me and I cannot give a definitive answer about when I'll be able to complete them. All in all, I redesigned the following areas: rear wing, bonnet, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, engine window (simplified), engine window hindge area (holes filled), dashboard and connections between dashboard and suspension poles. The dash mod was needed so i can minimise the gap near the door hindge and make the windshield have more cohesion (the entire horizontal axle hose assembly was moved back 1 stud), also allowing the bonnet to extend a bit more towards the door. I also did minor modifications to the flying buttress's connection to the rear arch (relocated both 65304 and replaced with 61332) and the rear bumper's connection to the chassis (relocated the 4 studs gray pin and replaced the inner connection with 11214). It's possible that some connections are not to everyone's liking (especially the headlights, but it's not like they're going anywhere), but feel free to come up with improvements.

640x360.jpg      640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg      640x360.jpg

Edited by Tibisan