danth

The Love for Printed Pieces Thread/Sticker Resentment Thread

1 hour ago, Khargeust said:

It was painful not being able to keep the 40580. Maybe I'm obsessed but that's how it is!

Yeah, that set was a bit of a letdown. The minifig is cool I guess, but without prints, it feels like a cheap slapped together thing. Which it is, since it was free, but still.

7 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Since I get back in LEGO in 2020, I only collected stickers-free sets. 

Yeah, I am trying to avoid some sets that include stickers. Stickers are nightmarish for me… Blacktron Cruiser is cool but it has a YUCKY sticker. I mean, it’s a GWP but still… 

Seems like all the Sonic sets (except the Ideas one) have all printed parts. At least it looks that way from the pics and Bricklink inventories for them don't include a sticker sheet.

Can anyone confirm?

Also, people are speculating the new Fabu...er Animal Crossing sets have all prints! :excited:

Posted (edited)

Sorry for bump, but 2024 really quite impresses me on some sets with the amount of prints.

Like the entire Fire lineup of 2024 City gets all the fire logos (including 6 wide window) and numbers 01 to 06 as prints, and Police has 5* different 2x3 wanted posters, and then the various space logo and battery prints, and decorations on the spaceships, and solar panels.

Still some annoying stickers on repeated parts like the corner panels in prison, or curved decoration on the racing truck tho, same sticker used at least 4 times.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 1/2/2024 at 1:47 PM, TeriXeri said:

Sorry for bump, but 2024 really quite impresses me on some sets with the amount of prints.

Like the entire Fire lineup of 2024 City gets all the fire logos (including 6 wide window) and numbers 01 to 06 as prints, and Police has 3 different 2x3 wanted posters, and then the various space logo and battery prints, and decorations on the spaceships, and solar panels.

Still some annoying stickers on repeated parts like the corner panels in prison, or curved decoration on the racing truck tho, same sticker used at least 4 times.

I really wish they had got rid of the train track parts from the Orient Express set and replaced it with printed parts for the interiors (particularly as it doesn't come with a working engine).

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 5:47 AM, TeriXeri said:

Like the entire Fire lineup of 2024 City gets all the fire logos (including 6 wide window) and numbers 01 to 06 as prints, and Police has 5* different 2x3 wanted posters, and then the various space logo and battery prints, and decorations on the spaceships, and solar panels.

Thanks for the heads up! Really good info to have going into 2024.

I was shocked to find out (maybe it was you who mentioned it in another thread) about the Burger Truck having all prints. That set went from an auto-pass to a must buy.

Edited by danth

I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of totally sticker free sets that are out there lately.

For instance the Interstellar Spaceship and the midi-scale Millennium Falcon from this year. And of course the fire sets @TeriXeri mentioned above.

Correct me if I'm wrong but:

• Sonic Sets are sticker free (except for the Ideas set)
  • Animal Crossing sets are sticker free
  • All 4+ and 5+ sets are sticker free (this year at least)