Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

38 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Wait, WHAT? Do you mean we have confirmed Gringotts? I have not seen anything about that on JJP's Instagram, did he really say that?

I'm not an insider or anything, I'm just a fan, so I just repeat what I see. But on one of his videos he showed a fading picture of the Knight Bus and Gringotts and said there were supposed to be 2 D2Cs this year, hinting to those two. It could have been his reaction to the March sets. 

And TopicBricks seems to think there will be 2 D2Cs, and BrickClicker seems to think Gringotts is coming. I don't know if it's insider info or just hopeful speculation because of the display in London. Hopefully we'll find out soon!

Judging from previous years, I'm guessing Lego will give us:

- A giant buildable figure of Ron

- A collectors edition Whomping Willow

- Another few buildings from Diagon Alley that aren't seen in the books or films

- An advent calendar devoid of anything relating to Christmas

I jest, but yeah there's definitely some past Lego sets that I've felt were either completely unnecessary or wasted potential.

Count me in as one of the few who would be excited for yet another reiteration of the Knight Bus. (Although the recent one is already such a good version of the bus)

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

Judging from previous years, I'm guessing Lego will give us:

- A giant buildable figure of Ron

- A collectors edition Whomping Willow

- Another few buildings from Diagon Alley that aren't seen in the books or films

- An advent calendar devoid of anything relating to Christmas

I jest, but yeah there's definitely some past Lego sets that I've felt were either completely unnecessary or wasted potential.

Well Lego is returning to London Toy fair so hopefully we can find something out there.  It starts on the 23rd.  

Regarding Diagon Alley I feel we need to see the Leaky Cauldron, Knockturn Alley, Borgin and Burkes and Gringotts.  On a personal note I would like to see the Magical Menagerie (pet shop). 

40 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Well Lego is returning to London Toy fair so hopefully we can find something out there.  It starts on the 23rd.  

Wouldn‘t bet on that, as we haven‘t gotten anything useful out of the toy fairs in years, especially the London one :tongue: Even pre-Covid, they were getting more and more useless every year. The times they provided descriptions of most if not all 2HY releases are long over. If they do have something on display, it‘s probably just the Spring sets.

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wouldn‘t bet on that, as we haven‘t gotten anything useful out of the toy fairs in years, especially the London one :tongue: Even pre-Covid, they were getting more and more useless every year. The times they provided descriptions of most if not all 2HY releases are long over. If they do have something on display, it‘s probably just the Spring sets.

That's a real shame.  I wasn't expecting to see images but I would of at least thought we'd get descriptions.  I guess I lost track of time after covid because I though we were getting descriptions in 2020 still. 

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

That's a real shame.  I wasn't expecting to see images but I would of at least thought we'd get descriptions.  I guess I lost track of time after covid because I though we were getting descriptions in 2020 still. 

Nah, the London one stopped being a good source in 2018 or so because they started to prohibit descriptions even. In 2019 we got a minifig list of the HP sets, but the guy who provided it to us here on EB ended up getting fired over it :cry_sad: After that, no more info.

The other two fairs in Nuremberg and New York only had 1HY releases on display from that point on as well. So the only sets we might get to see are missing 1HY ones from other themes

Nah, the London one stopped being a good source in 2018 or so because they started to prohibit descriptions even. In 2019 we got a minifig list of the HP sets, but the guy who provided it to us here on EB ended up getting fired over it :cry_sad: After that, no more info.

The other two fairs in Nuremberg and New York only had 1HY releases on display from that point on as well. So the only sets we might get to see are missing 1HY ones from other themes

Wow that is sad, Lego really must want to keep things under the radar then.:hmpf_bad:  

I remember back in the day when the most exiting thing was NYTF and The Brickshow doing mini reviews of all the summer sets that would be releasing.  I miss that.:sceptic:

16 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

AshnFlash's new video makes me hyped for the summer wave even if it's only speculation on his part. :pir-thumb:

Didn't he speculate that the $160 D2C set could be Gringott's? Feels very optimistic as the set has 2660 pieces for that price :'D Hopefully the other D2C is Gringott's, though. The 14+ set is interesting. Ukrainian Ironbelly would be ideal but then there'd be two very similar dragon sets on the shelf. I reckon it'll be something like a buildable creature from the upcoming game. BD-1 is a 14+ set based on a SW videogame afterall. 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I remember back in the day when the most exiting thing was NYTF and The Brickshow doing mini reviews of all the summer sets that would be releasing.  I miss that.:sceptic:

Same. I’m extremely nostalgic for the 2010-2018 toy fair seasons, but I’ve come to terms with the fact that these times are over :purrr:

Also, the NYTF is in September this year rather than February. No big loss though :tongue:

13 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I want a buildable Niffler.

Me too! Can’t believe they haven’t cashed in on that yet.

Same. I’m extremely nostalgic for the 2010-2018 toy fair seasons, but I’ve come to terms with the fact that these times are over :purrr:

Also, the NYTF is in September this year rather than February. No big loss though :tongue:

I read that as well, it'll be more for winter 2024 sets than summer 2023 sets.:laugh:

On another note, how long do you think this style of Hogwarts Castle will continue before they reset it again? 

I just finished building the Harry Potter art set I got for Christmas (I chose Gryffindor). I now have the entire 2018-present Lego HP range. Bring on 2023! It was a but of a repetitive build, but the finished product looks nice and I'll display it near my PS5 for Hogwarts Legacy.

3 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I want a buildable Niffler.

I bought Lego's buildable Niffler years ago

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/71253

If we get Gringotts this year, I wonder if the other 14+ set will be the white dragon to go on the roof? Maybe it would use some Ninjago parts?

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They did lol        https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/71253

5 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

On a personal note I would like to see the Magical Menagerie (pet shop). 

They'd need to do several new animal moulds to make that awesome! Knowing Lego we'd get a big set with not many animals, but maybe also expansion sets, each with a new animal that can connect to the big set so Lego gets lots of sales.

Hopefully some of the creatures in Lego Dreamzzz can be recoloured for HP sets

5 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I feel we need to see the Leaky Cauldron, Knockturn Alley, Borgin and Burkes and Gringotts.  On a personal note I would like to see the Magical Menagerie (pet shop). 

I think we'll get most of those eventually, though Lego don't like doing establishments that sell alcohol.. I think we only got the Star Wars Cantina because it was on an alien world and could be argued that it may only sell soft drinks. But The Leaky Cauldron is very much a London Pub. Having said that however, we did get The Three Broomsticks which is a Pub, the one at Universal Studios wouldn't even sell 32 year old me alcohol without ID so it's definitely got an alcohol license. Lego does bend it's rules when they know something will sell well.

My biggest concern about Lego making these buildings is that I hope they're not the next wave of Moments/Banners, I want full playsets

Just now, Killian said:

I bought Lego's buildable Niffler years ago

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/71253

If we get Gringotts this year, I wonder if the other 14+ set will be the white dragon to go on the roof? Maybe it would use some Ninjago parts?

They did lol        https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/71253

They'd need to do several new animal moulds to make that awesome! Knowing Lego we'd get a big set with not many animals, but maybe also expansion sets, each with a new animal that can connect to the big set so Lego gets lots of sales.

Hopefully some of the creatures in Lego Dreamzzz can be recoloured for HP sets

I think we'll get most of those eventually, though Lego don't like doing establishments that sell alcohol.. I think we only got the Star Wars Cantina because it was on an alien world and could be argued that it may only sell soft drinks. But The Leaky Cauldron is very much a London Pub. Having said that however, we did get The Three Broomsticks which is a Pub, the one at Universal Studios wouldn't even sell 32 year old me alcohol without ID so it's definitely got an alcohol license. Lego does bend it's rules when they know something will sell well.

My biggest concern about Lego making these buildings is that I hope they're not the next wave of Moments/Banners, I want full playsets

I know the Magical Menagerie is a long shot but it is at the studio I believe so it is relatively known.

I think they wouldn't serve you because you're a muggle.:wink:  Honestly I can't stand the moments sets and I was very disappointed to see the new house banner versions with common rooms as the interior because it just takes away the opportunity to make them to fit into the Hogwarts Castle which would be the better option Imo. Speaking of, do you think this version of Hogwarts will carry on or reset again? 

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

do you think this version of Hogwarts will carry on or reset again? 

We do have a lot of sand green castle parts now, so maybe a new colour would be good for more MOC potential? But I suppose there's only so many colours that would fit the Hogwarts colour palette.. So dunno

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Haha :head_back: Still hoping for a proper one some day :tongue:

A life sized one would be cute. I wouldn't want it, but it'd be cute 

Just now, Killian said:

We do have a lot of sand green castle parts now, so maybe a new colour would be good for more MOC potential? But I suppose there's only so many colours that would fit the Hogwarts colour palette.. So dunno

A life sized one would be cute. I wouldn't want it, but it'd be cute 

I personally hope not, I don't want to spend all this time collecting HP Hogwarts sets just to get another Great Hall or Hospital Wing next year you know?  It'd be much better to make more classrooms, common rooms/dorms, offices, even TPS areas to fit in on the bottom floor etc than reset again.

2 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

TPS areas to fit in on the bottom floor 

The Philosopher's Stone?

5 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I'm sorry, but I can't get behind the theory that's currently sweeping YouTube that Lego would make a Gringotts for only $160.

No siree, not getting my hopes up AGAIN for the fourth time. I only start believing a Gringotts set is actually coming if it kicks my door down, metaphorically :tongue:

Just now, Killian said:

The Philosopher's Stone?

Yeah.  I know we got the Fluffy Encounter but I mean to get the flying keys area, a smaller chess area to fit in and then the actual area where Harry faces off against Quirill. 

Sorry guys did I miss something or why is now everyone talking about 2 D2C this year???

Just now, Axxe90 said:

Sorry guys did I miss something or why is now everyone talking about 2 D2C this year???

Jedijacpenguin said in a video that there might be two D2C sets this year. It’s possible, but I take it with a grain of salt until we hear more