Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

If anyone is curious what a modular-styled Arkham could look like, here's one I've been working on (just need to buy the pieces for it, lol).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Co4wiPZOoc5/?hl=en

Now granted, this one is up near 7000 pieces. But if you cut out the fence, used bigger bricks for the walls, cut out the tiled floors, and did a different floorplan you could probably get it down to around 4000 pieces.

Edited by psqidexslizer

Arkham Rivendell style, with prison/office building, greenhouse, watchtower, 10,000 easter eggs, game features, hideouts, dungeon, 20 staff minifigures + villain and Bane bigfig 2021 :-D

I swear I'm buying two.

PS.  also Croc bigfig 2021 but with orange pants and chains <3

Edited by Legocentrico

Based on passed DC d2c, I’m thinking there’s a high chance it’ll just be a       Batmobile. Perhaps a ‘The Batman’ one with the crazy engine in back could make up the extra piece count. Hopefully it’s at least some form of proper building and not a bust or massive Batman figure. 

9 minutes ago, DaredevilFan said:

Based on passed DC d2c, I’m thinking there’s a high chance it’ll just be a       Batmobile. Perhaps a ‘The Batman’ one with the crazy engine in back could make up the extra piece count. Hopefully it’s at least some form of proper building and not a bust or massive Batman figure. 

Oh, it's definitely going to be either a large vehicle (maybe a Batmobile the buildable Batman can ride in, like someone of the Marvel thread suggested) or a giant display piece like a Batman version of the Black Panther bust. We're just having fun getting our hopes up for a large system-scaled modular-styled building with cool minifigures and builds.

Just for the sake of argument, since the Batman buildable figure will be the same one as the marvel ones... 

Does any of those fit inside the burton mobile d2c from a few years ago?

In any case, do you think the cape will be brick built or cloth?

44 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Just for the sake of argument, since the Batman buildable figure will be the same one as the marvel ones... 

Does any of those fit inside the burton mobile d2c from a few years ago?

In any case, do you think the cape will be brick built or cloth?

I don’t own the buildable figures to try this out, but I’m gonna say no just based on them being wider than the windshield piece.

13 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Klarion the Witch Boy GWP.

1992 in the polybag name refers to the 19th anniversary of Klarion's creation in 1973. How could we have missed this?

6 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

@TakeaBrick’s profile picture made me think of it: I think it’s unlikely (which is a shame because I’d like to see it) but what if it’s either the Ben Affleck Batman’s batcave or a Ben Affleck Batman batmobile done like the Keaton batmobile and tumbler?

If it’s the bat cave they could include a minifigure-sized batmobile, Batman (for the price maybe both the standard and tactical suits), Alfred, Bruce Wayne, the Jared Leto Joker (he never appeared in the batcave but he hasn’t been made yet and there’s a modicum of precedent with the Margot Robbie Harley Quinn having been included in the D2C LEGO Movie 2 set), Deathstroke, the dead Robin’s suit, plus all the Justice League members (they haven’t made a ZSJL black suit Superman (the 2013 SDCC black suit minifigure is the MoS suit but black and silver whereas the ZSJL black suit is the BvS suit but black and silver.))

I would LOVE a ZSJL set, but it'll never happen. R-rated and fairly controversial, even if it's my favorite DC film of the last 10 years.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Nah I want a bat CAVE not a concrete Bunker (especially as Affleck is my least favourite Batman , but each to Thier ow in that regard)

Counterpoint: George Clooney exists.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Counterpoint: George Clooney exists.

Why would you bring up the best batman to make a counterpoint?

I would unironically enjoy sets based on the two Schumacher films. The campy designs would make for some cool vehicles and fun minifigs. After all, the movie designs were „toyetic“ on purpose :laugh:

And come on, when else will we ever get minifigs based on characters played by Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carrey, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Uma Thurman? 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

5 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

The Batman D2C will release in June

Oh, nice. So we should be seeing it by May and hopefully finding out more details soonish.

But for now, we can all just place our bets on how disappointed everyone is gonna be.

Edited by psqidexslizer

5 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Oh, nice. So we should be seeing it by May and hopefully finding out more details soonish.

But for now, we can all just place our bets on how disappointed everyone is gonna be.

For once I don’t think people will be disappointed.

10 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Unless it’s system scaled I don’t see most people here being excited.

I mean, if it is a detailed system scaled set that includes a decent number of new characters or revamps of characters that could still use improvement, I could see a lot of people getting excited.  I'd be excited if that were the case, anyway.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Isn't it obvious, all other batmen are equal compared to his magnificence.

🗿

2 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

Let's goooo, a set based on Mayhem of the Music Meister

Animated Series Batmobile would be cool. After someone mentioned the buildable Batman fitting inside a Batmobile though I have a very bad feeling.

If this D2C is something that supposedly won't disappoint people, would that make a minifigure scale set a safe assumption?  I got the impression that the big D2C Bat-vehicle sets did all right, but I feel like another one would disappoint a lot of people at a $450 price point (especially considering the past big Bat-vehicles from 2019-2021 ranged from $200-270)

23 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If this D2C is something that supposedly won't disappoint people, would that make a minifigure scale set a safe assumption?  I got the impression that the big D2C Bat-vehicle sets did all right, but I feel like another one would disappoint a lot of people at a $450 price point (especially considering the past big Bat-vehicles from 2019-2021 ranged from $200-270)

Yes I think a minifig scale set is a very very safe assumption at this point. I think either Arkham or Batcave.

Arkham has the most potential as we could get all of our favorite villain characters plus some cool interior detailing specific to them. 

But if they did the Batcave, i think it would be strictly comic book / (whatever lego wants)- based. I originally suggested that it could be keatons but with the play set vehicles as add ons, but that would leave us with an insanely massive cave with nothing in it. And I highly doubt lego would do that and charge that much for a barren set.

But I’d place my money on Arkham if I had to.

11 minutes ago, Nylock said:

Yes I think a minifig scale set is a very very safe assumption at this point. I think either Arkham or Batcave.

Arkham has the most potential as we could get all of our favorite villain characters plus some cool interior detailing specific to them. 

But if they did the Batcave, i think it would be strictly comic book / (whatever lego wants)- based. I originally suggested that it could be keatons but with the play set vehicles as add ons, but that would leave us with an insanely massive cave with nothing in it. And I highly doubt lego would do that and charge that much for a barren set.

But I’d place my money on Arkham if I had to.

Yeah, if it is a minifigure scaled playset, Arkham Asylum and the Batcave are the obvious choices. I can't think of anything else Batman-related, or really even DC related, that would warrant that size. (Wayne Tower and GCPD would make more sense at like the $300 price point).

Kinda on-topic, but we've got a $100 set coming which could be Marvel or DC. Not saying we will, but maybe we'll get both an Arkham and a Batcave this summer.

Edit: The $100 set in question is 76266 and the Batwing is 76265. Usually Lego groups DC sets together and Marvel sets together which is what makes me think 76266 might be DC.

Edited by psqidexslizer

I'm hoping for either Rivendell levels of new minifigure prints and/or a bigfig to help justify the cost of $449.99 for 3,981 pieces, which is about 11.3 cents per piece.

2 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm hoping for either Rivendell levels of new minifigure prints and/or a bigfig to help justify the cost of $449.99 for 3,981 pieces, which is about 11.3 cents per piece.

Personally, I'd rather have Daily Bugle numbers over Rivendell level quality. Most Batman characters don't need more than head and torso prints.

I think it's Burton/maybe Schumacher themed but I don't know a character that would require a mold to bump up the price, unless it includes Bane from Batman & Robin.

Two Face would be an interesting mold but surely not that expensive. But maybe it's several Cowl molds for different Batmen?

Edited by doclord

15 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Kinda on-topic, but we've got a $100 set coming which could be Marvel or DC. Not saying we will, but maybe we'll get both an Arkham and a Batcave this summer.

That would be so dope to get both, though I’m not sure they could make a good looking or complete looking batcave for that kinda money. But please prove me wrong lego 🙏.

If I’m being honest, I would really like this set to be another flash movie one so we can round out the roster with Dark flash and the other Barry. 

But I think there’s also a chance that’s the aqua man set too? Would be a lot of money for it, but you never know