Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Jarro showed a new layer of Batman's character, and nuance to the starfish. Loved it.

Jarro in The Batcave or we riot!

13 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Jarro in The Batcave or we riot!

There is a nonzero chance that if it's anything like the bugle, there could be a 1x1 round brick or 2x2 dome or something with a Jarro print.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:20 AM, spiderfan2000 said:

It'd be cool if the Batcave had a reference to the Gray Ghost somewhere in it.

I totally agree. I think we will see plenty of references to different Batmen or Batman media. So like a reference to the animated series or the 66 show seem very in character for lego. I mean if they give us a suit display with a few Batsuits what if we get the nipple suit 

34 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

I totally agree. I think we will see plenty of references to different Batmen or Batman media. So like a reference to the animated series or the 66 show seem very in character for lego

Or the Bat-Credit Card. He never leaves the cave without it

1 hour ago, bricksbyjim said:

I totally agree. I think we will see plenty of references to different Batmen or Batman media. So like a reference to the animated series or the 66 show seem very in character for lego. I mean if they give us a suit display with a few Batsuits what if we get the nipple suit 

Yeah, I don’t think we’re getting nipples on a minifigure anytime soon. Remember the outrage two years back when Black Cat didn’t have enough cleavage for some people? 😆

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Yeah, I don’t think we’re getting nipples on a minifigure anytime soon. Remember the outrage two years back when Black Cat didn’t have enough cleavage for some people? 😆

I wasn't part of that conversation, but in their defense, it's less of a "this time she's just wearing an undershirt beneath the suit" (which is the general method used by media for situations like this) and more of some sort of armored triangle between the halves of her catsuit. IMO it's less about covering it up and more about how they chose to do it.

But yeah, I don't think we're getting the Clooney suit. Not necessarily because of the nipples, but because they've got a limited number of new prints and I can't see them wasting them on the most universally hated film.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

This, though, I could see. A sticker on a 1x2 tile is all it would take.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:20 AM, spiderfan2000 said:

It'd be cool if the Batcave had a reference to the Gray Ghost somewhere in it.

Zorro poster!

It's kind of funny that we're just as excited about the little easter eggs in the set as the design or figures. 

I went through out of curiosity to see how many villains and Bat-Family members from the 2008 LEGO Batman: The Videogame we haven't gotten as minifigures as of currently.  That list would consist of:

• Mad Hatter
  • Hush
  • Azrael (can be built in character creator)
  • Spoiler (can be built in character creator)
  • Black Mask (can be built in character creator)

If we include those who are DS exclusive, there would also be:

• Mr. Zsasz
  • Ventriloquist

I'd be pleased if the Batcave can include at least a few of those characters.

Edited by spiderfan2000

9 minutes ago, scottypavarotti said:

I'm trying to not get too enthusiastic and start hoping that somehow the Batcave will include a Creeper figure.  He's my LEGO white whale.

I think you'll have better luck with that one in a minecraft set. But all kidding aside, I feel like the creeper is a bit unrealistic, even though I could definitely see them make him using the fur piece in red. That being set, I think a Jack Ryder easter egg could totally happen on the batcomputer or something.

6 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I swear, they do any of this and I buy the set day one. Batman it's at his best when he's lighthearted and fun, and Lego is the perfect medium to represent that.

18 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

We’re all gonna be coping hard when the Batcave only includes 5 figures: Batman, Joker, Penguin, Harley Quinn, and Damien Wayne.

Batman, Bruce Wayne, Matches Malone, Bruce Wayne (as a kid), Bruce Wayne (casual clothes)

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I swear, they do any of this and I buy the set day one. Batman it's at his best when he's lighthearted and fun, and Lego is the perfect medium to represent that.

Batman, Bruce Wayne, Matches Malone, Bruce Wayne (as a kid), Bruce Wayne (casual clothes)

"batman is at his best when he's lighthearted and fun" is not a statement I ever thought I'd hear. I've heard the "could you imagine your batman comforting a scared child" argument, but I've never heard anyone say he's best "when he's fun"

You forgot Zur-En-Ah (civilian clothes), Damian Wayne (future, wearing a business suit), and Jason Todd (gravestone).

The minifigure selection will determine a decent portion of my interest, which makes me hope that the number of new figure prints is closer to Rivendell's than the Daily Bugle's.  Hopefully within the next month we'll start getting more information on the set.

9 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

We’re all gonna be coping hard when the Batcave only includes 5 figures: Batman, Joker, Penguin, Harley Quinn, and Damien Wayne.

Putting 5 minifigs in $500ish playset would be like making an $100 playset with only the one figure.

I genuinely think that we do not need to worry.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"batman is at his best when he's lighthearted and fun" is not a statement I ever thought I'd hear. I've heard the "could you imagine your batman comforting a scared child" argument, but I've never heard anyone say he's best "when he's fun"

Batman: The Brave and The Bold (2008) supremacy.

To be fair, I don't need *him* to be a comedian, actually having him play it totally straight during wacky scenarios is even better.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

and Jason Todd (gravestone).

Nothing to add, I just really liked this one

52 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Putting 5 minifigs in $500ish playset would be like making an $100 playset with only the one figure.

I do think we'll get a fair amount of figures, but doing a 100€ set with 1 minifigure doesn't sound like something Lego wouldn't do

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I do think we'll get a fair amount of figures, but doing a 100€ set with 1 minifigure doesn't sound like something Lego wouldn't do

They did do it. Thor’s hammer from last year.

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

They’ve done that. And they’ve done $250+ sets with just two minifigures. Just look at the UCS Tumbler.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

They did do it. Thor’s hammer from last year.

They’ve done that. And they’ve done $250+ sets with just two minifigures. Just look at the UCS Tumbler.

I meant ( and though I had typed) playset. So not a non fig scaled display set, as there the figure is an addition but in a playset (or even a fig scaled display set) it is part of the equation.

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Batman: The Brave and The Bold (2008) supremacy.

To be fair, I don't need *him* to be a comedian, actually having him play it totally straight during wacky scenarios is even better.

Nothing to add, I just really liked this one

Brave and The Bold is hilarious and also one of the best Batman takes put to screen. Batman 1966 also is perhaps the most faithful adaptation to Finger's original idea, just in a comedic take on it. I'm a hardcore DC fan and I think Batman '66 is up there with BTAS as one of the best Batman adaptations.

I'd love to see the Silver Age Thomas Wayne Bat-Man costume in a display cabinet in the net Bat-Cave. It is definitely obscure but it's a small detail and something that inspired Grant Morrison during their Batman run. https://imgur.com/a/5qw249T

Still no flash set news 😔. I just wanna at least know the minifigs coming in that set. But I’m super hype for the batcave, even though there’s no chance I’ll be picking it up lol. 

Considering the Flash set essentially must have Keaton Batman and the Flash at minimum, if we get a third figure (which would break the pattern set by four different Batmobile sets with two minifigures included that were released since 2019), I'd be very surprised if it wasn't Supergirl.  If it's Zod, he'd probably be a downgrade from the 2013 version, as I doubt he'd get leg printing this time, and they probably wouldn't bring back the specialized armor pieces after last getting them an entire decade ago.

The Batcave has way more unknown variables in play for the minifigure selection, which is why I'm so eager to start getting information on it

Edited by spiderfan2000

You know, Jiminy Cricket with e queen of hearts head would make a pretty great Jarvis Tetch/ Mad hatter

Edited by Agent Kallus

On 3/1/2023 at 9:34 AM, Huigberts Builds said:

I think you'll have better luck with that one in a minecraft set. But all kidding aside, I feel like the creeper is a bit unrealistic, even though I could definitely see them make him using the fur piece in red. That being set, I think a Jack Ryder easter egg could totally happen on the batcomputer or something.

As soon as that fur piece came out, i got super excited. I knew I had to release a Creeper custom.