Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 10/23/2023 at 8:28 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

That Code Red trailer is really interesting. The start wasn't the strongest humor even for these lego specials, but the whole collection gimmick is pretty meta, and it's interesting that Wolverine is a major player.

The Hydra troopers are nice designs we'll unfortunately never get, and the collecter fig is the exact type of thing we'd have if we still got the DVD promos. But in terms of hints for new stuff, I don't think we're gonna see anything. The farthest along this seems to be is stuff from the january 

How many figures have we had from these things in the past? I'm guessing the detroit steel set was? I can't think of any others.

4 hours ago, squiz18 said:

How many figures have we had from these things in the past? I'm guessing the detroit steel set was? I can't think of any others.

I don't actually think we've ever had stuff in one of the marvel specials before we knew the set was coming.

DC used to package exclusive minifigures alongside the dvds of these specials, but come to think of it I don't think marvel did those, and either way the practice died with the advent of streaming.

22 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Always U_U

Iron Patriot mark 2 would be great, but we won't get MCU in mechs. Maybe something similar though, also because the other mech is Venom and it seems strange to me, two mechs with such dark and similar colors...

we had two new Marvel 2024 entries and they are a buildable figure and a helmet, how sad :-P

I agree, Venom and War Machine have very dark color schemes, so releasing both at the same time feels off. I’d love if they gave us a classic comic War Machine with that silverish grey and black color scheme. We’ve gotten so many Venoms I’d have skipped him. 

Also just noticed the rumor for the Taxi GWP! How exciting, I wonder if Black Panther would be a new variant for the GWP. Two outriders and a civilian feels like a nice addition to the display without having anything fans would see as essential.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't actually think we've ever had stuff in one of the marvel specials before we knew the set was coming.

Yeah just looked it up and the detroit steel set came out in 2017, and the mini series with him in was 2020.

31 minuti fa, Chill ha detto:

Mi sono perso cos'è il GWP con la torre?

yellow car with Black Panther, 2 Outriders and a civilian... box as ugly as the Star Wars promo sword. Nothing would make you think of gwp for a €500 Marvel set :-P

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Specifically an NYC taxi. 

Is it? From the blurry picture we got, it looked way to slick to be a taxi, seemed more like a sportscar to me

5 minuti fa, PGBQW ha detto:

È vero? Dall'immagine sfocata che abbiamo ottenuto, sembrava troppo scivolosa per essere un taxi, mi sembrava più un'auto sportiva

true, it's sporty, but if you look in the pile of parts there seems to be a tile with the word "taxi" written on it

1 minute ago, Legocentrico said:

true, it's sporty, but if you look in the pile of parts there seems to be a tile with the word "taxi" written on it

I mean, I guess it HAS to be a taxi (i don't think i've seen a regular yellow car?), but a very strange decision

6 minuti fa, PGBQW ha detto:

Voglio dire, immagino che DEVE essere un taxi (non credo di aver visto una normale auto gialla?), ma una decisione molto strana

It's all strange, the GWP Galileo leaked today seems like a luxury object compared to this Marvel. Better box, better design, better idea, and probably the price to get it is better too :-p

Since they wanted to make a Kevin Feige minifigure, his office would be the right gwp

Edited by Legocentrico

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, I guess it HAS to be a taxi (i don't think i've seen a regular yellow car?), but a very strange decision

I want you to think about another CGI-heavy action movie franchise that may or may not feature a yellow car in a very prominent role

(I am, of course, talking about Luigi or whatever his name was from cars)

2 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Instead of a buildable Captain America's shield... we should've got a buildable Miss Minutes :pirate-sad

I don't think I could handle the internet's reaction to a lego miss minutes after the latest episode. I'm a transformers fan and still shuddering over what happened to Core Class Shockwave.

Well, Code Red is out, nice little piece of animation, cool references and all.

But, on the potential set or minifig side not many hints at the future. 

Red Skull and his walker would make a good set, Hydra goons and vehicle battle pack would be a nice army builder.

Didn't manage to recognize which Quinjet model is featured (possible multiple ones depending on scene)

I feel the need to had Red She-Hulk to my collection now. 

Just popping in to say: For those interested, German youtuber Held der Steine has a video review of the Hoopty up. Apart from the price - obviously -, he also complains about the build. Specifically, the lack of boat studs on the underside (it just stands flat on the table) and the lack of design for the overhanging part of the roof in the back, which isn't prettied up on the underside - the same for the inside of the cockpit walls. The slit on the roof,  while necessary,  also looks bad.

I have to say, looking at it in the video it does seem like a truly lackluster design. As if the price alone weren't bad enough! And of course the name. I mean, I realize that last one isn't LEGO's fault. But if you HAVE to put an overpriced vehicle called "a heap of junk" on the shelves, the design had better be beyond reproach, just so you're able to avoid the really, really obvious headlines.

Still no idea what they were thinking with this one.

Edited by brickbride

47 minutes ago, brickbride said:

Just popping in to say: For those interested, German youtuber Held der Steine has a video review of the Hoopty up. Apart from the price - obviously -, he also complains about the build. Specifically, the lack of boat studs on the underside (it just stands flat on the table) and the lack of design for the overhanging part of the roof in the back, which isn't prettied up on the underside - the same for the inside of the cockpit walls. The slit on the roof,  while necessary,  also looks bad.

I have to say, looking at it in the video it does seem like a truly lackluster design. As if the price alone weren't bad enough! And of course the name. I mean, I realize that last one isn't LEGO's fault. But if you HAVE to put an overpriced vehicle called "a heap of junk" on the shelves, the design had better be beyond reproach, just so you're able to avoid the really, really obvious headlines.

Still no idea what they were thinking with this one.

I'll say it again- one look at the piece count tells us EXACTLY what they were thinking- or rather, what they were on- while designing this one.

On 10/26/2023 at 3:39 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm a transformers fan and still shuddering over what happened to Core Class Shockwave.

Intriguing

:look: Exabrickslegogo on Instagram posted this supposedly leaked torso of quicksilver from I don’t know where or when..? How can we know if this is real or fake? Because I’m getting delusional 

1 minute ago, legomarvelbricksfan said:

:look: Exabrickslegogo on Instagram posted this supposedly leaked torso of quicksilver from I don’t know where or when..? How can we know if this is real or fake? Because I’m getting delusional 

I don't see it... maybe you confused the account? Or he removed it…….

35 minutes ago, legomarvelbricksfan said:

There is set 76283 which we currently know nothing about (I believe). 🤔

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Intriguing

I will not say what specifically happened, but if you look up the figure you should be able to find memes about it.

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

There is set 76283 which we currently know nothing about (I believe). 🤔

So assumably this is an age of ultron set, right? Do we have a price point?

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So assumably this is an age of ultron set, right? Do we have a price point?

There is nothing (aside from the Quicksilver torso, which may be fake) indicating that right now. If the torso turns out to be real, then this is probably where he would be (as I cannot think of any other set where MCU Quicksilver would appear)

No price point, part count, or anything other than the number.