Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, Toast said:

This is my original thought too which makes me hope that the quinjet can land on the tower although I shouldn't get my hopes up for that even though its not completely impossible. I've seen a few mocs recently of Avengers Tower housing the quinjet. Only time will tell..

As cool as that would be, how big would the landing pad need to be to accomodate it? If it were just the roof I'd totally see it happening, but it has the weird fortnite llama shape, so either the tower is huge or it has a weird proportion there

12 hours ago, Toast said:

This is my original thought too which makes me hope that the quinjet can land on the tower although I shouldn't get my hopes up for that even though it’s not completely impossible. I've seen a few mocs recently of Avengers Tower housing the quinjet. Only time will tell..

I really doubt this will happen. Even the MOCs I’ve seen that house a Quinjet only ever do the smaller ones, not the massive one we got this past year. And even then, those MOCs are clearly over the $500 price tag.

BC said the building is modular compatible, so I imagine it will have the usual base plate. Unlike the Bugle however, it narrows towards the top. I have many doubts that the January quinjet will land on the terrace. In truth, I'm also very curious to see how they give the right grandeur starting from such a small base

33 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

BC said the building is modular compatible, so I imagine it will have the usual base plate. Unlike the Bugle however, it narrows towards the top. I have many doubts that the January quinjet will land on the terrace. In truth, I'm also very curious to see how they give the right grandeur starting from such a small base

It’s possible the base is wider than the normal modular, kinda like the 10th anniversary market square modular. 

20 hours ago, Toast said:

I've seen a few mocs recently of Avengers Tower housing the quinjet. Only time will tell..

You mean the 2023 Quinjet? No way. This is a $500 set, not a $5000 one :tongue:

I don't see why not TBH. Not to scale sure but there really could be a big enough landing pad to sit a quinjet on. Especially a smaller one.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I don't see why not TBH. Not to scale sure but there really could be a big enough landing pad to sit a quinjet on. Especially a smaller one.

…that would be out of scale to a degree beyond comical. All of the Quinjets (except for the CA:CW one) have a pretty sizeable footprint, which would almost require a landing pad the size of a baseplate. Not only would it look supremely silly, it would also be severely unstable :tongue:

Unless the set includes a downsized Quinjet in the same vein as the Y-Wing in this year‘s Yavin IV set, of course.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…that would be out of scale to a degree beyond comical. All of the Quinjets (except for the CA:CW one) have a pretty sizeable footprint, which would almost require a landing pad the size of a baseplate. Not only would it look supremely silly, it would also be severely unstable :tongue:

Unless the set includes a downsized Quinjet in the same vein as the Y-Wing in this year‘s Yavin IV set, of course.

I could see this happening. $525 is a lot to devote to just one building. That would make it 1.5x the size of the Daily Bugle and that’s massive.

19 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I could see this happening. $525 is a lot to devote to just one building. That would make it 1.5x the size of the Daily Bugle and that’s massive.

Still. Try to imagine placing one of the Quinjet models on a platfom atop the Bugle and you‘ll see why this wouldn‘t work :tongue: Sure, there are MOCs out there that accomplished this, but those would cost A LOT more

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Still. Try to imagine placing one of the Quinjet models on a platfom atop the Bugle and you‘ll see why this wouldn‘t work :tongue: Sure, there are MOCs out there that accomplished this, but those would cost A LOT more

I’m literally agreeing with you, lmao. Only way we’re getting a Quinjet pad that holds a Quinjet is if they include a smaller Quinjet in this set.

Edited by psqidexslizer

10 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I’m literally agreeing with you, lmao. Only way we’re getting a Quinjet pad that holds a Quinjet is if they include a smaller Quinjet in this set.

Oh whoops, I misread your comment :blush: 

3 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I mean, A-Tower would likely have a much larger base area, like people have said, so $525 for that building isn't out of possibility if it's a 32x48 or 32x64 footprint. 

I think people need a reminder on scale :p

The rumored piece count is 5261 pieces. We are probably going to get something similar to 'Hero Tower', just without the Station and blocky base segment that contained the Iron Man warehouse.

Only Quinjet that would scale with that, at that scale, would be the polybag Quinjets... in fact it may actually scale perfectly with them. You can view them here (2012) and here (AoU) - the AoU version which is probably the one you want to display with Avengers Tower is fairly easy to build even if you don't have the polybag, not particularly difficult pieces to get.

61zCB69sz0L._AC_SL1100_.jpg

71myLEEQHwL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

Sorry to bring it back to the X-Men but there's a Funko Pop set featuring six characters: Magneto, Jean Grey, Gambit, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Storm. Variants include Magneto in his X-Men costume (with the big M) and Wolverine in his street clothes. I wonder if this means we can expect Wolverine in the X-Mansion to be featured in his jacket instead of his costume and two Magnetos spread out in both sets. One in his villain costume (perhaps the X-Jet set) and one in his hero costume (the X-Mansion set?)

20230915bonecos-x-men-97-vinyl-soda-marv

10 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I think people need a reminder on scale :p

The rumored piece count is 5261 pieces. We are probably going to get something similar to 'Hero Tower', just without the Station and blocky base segment that contained the Iron Man warehouse.

Only Quinjet that would scale with that, at that scale, would be the polybag Quinjets... in fact it may actually scale perfectly with them. You can view them here (2012) and here (AoU) - the AoU version which is probably the one you want to display with Avengers Tower is fairly easy to build even if you don't have the polybag, not particularly difficult pieces to get.

You're right about scale. I'd rather they didn't bother with a qunijet than provide a tiny one that scaled with the building but not the figures. I think that would look off. 

For the pad, I'd be happy if there was a portal generator build with Eric selvig fig and a conveyor belt for iron man to land on like the mark VI in the Avengers. 

22 minuti fa, Lego Nostalgia ha detto:

Mi chiedo se includeranno la Grand Central Station di fronte alla Torre?

It would be nice, it would hide that ugly gray block at the base of the tower, and it would make it easier to view next to the other modulars. But I honestly don't see it happening :-/

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I wonder will they include the Grand Central Station in front of the Tower ?

Completely unnecessary in my opinion. Omit the ugly base so there‘s no need for a station to cover it up :laugh: The tower by itself should be enough

I can’t see avengers tower being much taller than the bugle, I think a lot of the extra budget will be from the interior and more complex build. I hope each floor has an opening mechanism to see interior rather than having to pull off windows or the floors apart to get inside. 

2 hours ago, DaredevilFan said:

I can’t see avengers tower being much taller than the bugle, I think a lot of the extra budget will be from the interior and more complex build. I hope each floor has an opening mechanism to see interior rather than having to pull off windows or the floors apart to get inside. 

Ironic that DaredevilFan can’t see 😝.

I think it’ll be bigger. It’s 1.5x the price, so obviously it ought to be. But I think it’ll be more so wider than taller. I expect it’ll be built on 32x48 base, rather than the standard 32x32, and go up to the top of the Daily Bugle sign with an antenna that will make it taller than the Bugle with the antenna.

12 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Sorry to bring it back to the X-Men but there's a Funko Pop set featuring six characters: Magneto, Jean Grey, Gambit, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Storm. Variants include Magneto in his X-Men costume (with the big M) and Wolverine in his street clothes. I wonder if this means we can expect Wolverine in the X-Mansion to be featured in his jacket instead of his costume and two Magnetos spread out in both sets. One in his villain costume (perhaps the X-Jet set) and one in his hero costume (the X-Mansion set?)

The lack of a complete ‘92 X-Men roster in any of the merchandising we’ve seen so far makes me fairly confident we’re gonna be missing a few members when the Mansion and Blackbird release.

The fig has leaked! It’s certainly a figure that’s all I’ll say 😂 Hopefully we got more soon 

looks like new face, torso and cap print 

Edited by DaredevilFan

I feel like Stan Lee would have been a better choice. But I was already pretty content with the minifigure roster, so this is just an added bonus. it's kinda a fun idea. Final thoughts might depend on how many figures in the tower have leg printing.