Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

20 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Wow, new Ronan is huge downgrade from 2014 version. How's it possible that we have worse minifigure 10 years later? Why not bring back his hood/armour combo mold? Lego is so cheap these days with minifig quality...

Yeah those are my thoughts too. With Ronan being a downgrade, I'm not expecting much from that set. Presumably Rocket will be a repeat (maybe new torso print?) and the ship I'd expect to be something similar to the one in the Tazerface set. So not much to appeal to someone who got those sets last time around. 

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

With The Marvels flopping as badly as it did, Lego is probably relieved they only made one set. I have a feeling future Marvel movies will get similar treatment.

If you‘re rooting for the decline of MCU sets in hopes of more comic-based stuff, you might be in for a rude awakening :tongue: Without the MCU, the Marvel theme wouldn‘t exist in the first place!

Also, opening weekends aren‘t everything. Elemental was declared a colossal flop after the opening weekend, but had long legs and ended up grossing almost $500 Mio. I‘m not saying the same thing will happen to The Marvels, but it‘s too soon to judge its overall performance.

2 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Yeah those are my thoughts too. With Ronan being a downgrade, I'm not expecting much from that set. Presumably Rocket will be a repeat (maybe new torso print?) and the ship I'd expect to be something similar to the one in the Tazerface set. So not much to appeal to someone who got those sets last time around. 

Rocket wouldn't be a repeat, the last few figures we got were based on comics, Endgame and GotGV3, they'd need a new torso to update either his orange or Ravager outfit

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If you‘re rooting for the decline of MCU sets in hopes of more comic-based stuff, you might be in for a rude awakening :tongue: Without the MCU, the Marvel theme wouldn‘t exist in the first place!

Yeah, as someone who isn’t a big fan of the MCU and would prefer comic based sets, if they make less sets for future movies that isn’t gonna translate to more comic based sets. Best case scenario, we get less sets overall with more focus on legacy and Spider-Man and his Amazing Vehicles.

Also, depending on how the DCU does, we might just see a reversal of the situation for the past few years where they pump out twenty something DC sets and a 4-plus Spider-Man vs Green Goblin every couple of years.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don't think it's necessarily the case. Sure, the MCU was HUGE in getting everyone not named spider-man to household recognition, but that recognition is there now. I don't think they need blockbuster films currently out to have the sets featuring those characters sell well (I mean, look at right now. Lego clearly has some faith in the OG avengers as we're getting many sets with them, and not as many based on the newer projects as we used to). Sure, if we go long enough without a cartoon or something to keep those avengers popular, the sales will stop, but you gotta remember that's a big part of DC's decline too. Not only were the movies rough (And missing most of the heavy hitters. No Batman or Superman centric films they could market between mid 2017 and the end of 2021, it'd be like if iron man and cap weren't in the entirety of phase 2), but there wasn't a big cartoon at the time. I think all there was was justice league action, which were pretty short episodes that, if I remember correctly, just got dumped on youtube? The cartoon before it, around 2014 I think, was a pretty big flop too. All Batman had was the comics, which kids do not read, and the preexisting movies, which are the only things we get sets based on nowadays.

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

They probably just wanted to give us the non-war paint variation of the costume, as for the lack of dark green tint they probably didn't notice.

I think it's a lot more likely they didn't want anything that looked like blood or "didn't notice" the war paint than that they were trying to give us the variant from a different film and then forgot to add the most unique feature of the character's outfit in that film.

Ronan is frustrating - his head is an improvement, along with the lack of a blue chest cutout on his torso, and better integration between the torso and legs; the missing red markings on his torso are disappointing, though, and even more so is his hood. Even if LEGO did not want to revive the original mould (which is understandable), they could have used the hoodie piece and shoulder pad armour recoloured in black as a substitute. 

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If the MCU flops and LEGO stops making sets for it, we are not getting comic sets - We will be getting 4+ Iron Man vs. Thanos Hulkbusters over and over! I do not want LEGO Marvel to turn into DC!! 

12 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

“Sir, another Marvel buildable figure just leaked.”

From this angle, it looks like Rocket has large, empty, soulless eyes that have seen that which cannot be unseen! 😬

the mcu will fail when people stop talking about it, for the moment we are not taking any risks. Disney has received bad feedback and is taking action, plus they have huge properties still to exploit, The Marvels won't be the one to slow down the theme. Rather this buildable figures megablocks, that's what made me tired :-p

Cyclops leaked. His head and torso designs look good, but he should be dark blue rather than regular blue. Also, if he really ends up just having plain legs, he will probably be the worst-looking Marvel Minifig in quite a while! 😬

7 minutes ago, hvader said:

That Cyclops looks hilarious

Perfect description. 😂

Thankfully, the bad choice of hair and plain blue legs are very easy things to fix.

16 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Also, if he really ends up just having plain legs, he will probably be the worst-looking Marvel Minifig in quite a while! 😬

we have printed legs for Rogue and Ronan, how long did you think the lucky streak would last? :-D it's still Lego Marvel...

Just now, Legocentrico said:

we have printed legs for Rogue and Ronan, how long did you think the lucky streak would last? :-D it's still Lego Marvel...

I expected Cyclops to at least have yellow hips! 

Just now, Legocentrico said:

I’m actually kinda glad he doesn’t have printed legs. Then I’d have to pick between printed legs or legs with boots.

1 minute ago, psqidexslizer said:

I’m actually kinda glad he doesn’t have printed legs. Then I’d have to pick between printed legs or legs with boots.

At least we have blue-yellow dual moulded legs

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

At least we have blue-yellow dual moulded legs

Exactly. Add yellow hips, and Cyclops is looking better already.

Still trying to decide on hairstyle though. I’m leaning towards the Agent Chase hair in either brown or dark orange. But I also think the BvS Superman hair in those colors (assuming it is in dark orange) would look good.

Edit: just remembered the Harry Potter hair is in dark orange. That would look good too.

Edited by psqidexslizer

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

“Sir, another Marvel buildable figure just leaked.”

"Sir, a second buildable figure has hit the Walmart" 

(Change to Tesco/whatever for you Europeans)

4 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

now we know what the other set was revealed during the presentation of the tower :-p

Isn't this the one they called "really awesome"? I dare someone to look that thing in the eyes and say that about it.

40 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Exactly. Add yellow hips, and Cyclops is looking better already.

Still trying to decide on hairstyle though. I’m leaning towards the Agent Chase hair in either brown or dark orange. But I also think the BvS Superman hair in those colors (assuming it is in dark orange) would look good.

Edit: just remembered the Harry Potter hair is in dark orange. That would look good too.

Yeah, I don't see an issue with the Cyclops fig. Aside from having his hair color swapped with Rogue, he seems pretty solid. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Cyclops leaked. His head and torso designs look good, but he should be dark blue rather than regular blue. Also, if he really ends up just having plain legs, he will probably be the worst-looking Marvel Minifig in quite a while! 😬

Dark blue wouldn't look right on his 90s suit. The actual colour would fall somewhere in the middle between regular and dark, but without a colour in LEGOs pallette to accommodate that, regular blue is the better pick

53 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

No molded visor :-(((

but I like it, much better than the previous version

A molded visor is exactly why I think Cyclops should've been in the CMF. Storm's hairpiece would've been easy to introduce in a set, whereas Cyclops' visor would've required dual printing, something the CMF would've provided. Plus her leg printing is very basic, and honestly unnecessary (I know that'll probably anger the leg printing worshippers, but if you look at her costume, plain white is all she really needs)

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I don't see an issue with the Cyclops fig. Aside from having his hair color swapped with Rogue, he seems pretty solid. 

Print looks really good and is accurate, at least from what we can see. Is the figure perfect? No. But you can easily get the parts to fix the few minor issues like hair color and bland legs. Don’t see any reason to complain about this one.

5 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

A molded visor is exactly why I think Cyclops should've been in the CMF. Storm's hairpiece would've been easy to introduce in a set, whereas Cyclops' visor would've required dual printing, something the CMF would've provided. Plus her leg printing is very basic, and honestly unnecessary (I know that'll probably anger the leg printing worshippers, but if you look at her costume, plain white is all she really needs)

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think a molded visor would look needlessly bulky. Printed was the way to go, IMO.

39 minuti fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Non è questo quello che hanno definito "davvero fantastico"?

No, with those words they were referring to the next big set (this was said by a user here in the forum). Someone else mentioned a second set at the presentation when a piece of video was cut so as not to show another January set (which we now know about). I was two separate moments

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

It is available in reddish brown, which I think would work. 

28 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Dark blue wouldn't look right on his 90s suit. The actual colour would fall somewhere in the middle between regular and dark, but without a colour in LEGOs pallette to accommodate that, regular blue is the better pick

His suit is darker than Beast's fur, though, so dark blue would fit better. 

31 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

I disagree that he needs a moulded visor, since the only way to do it (dual-moulded hair/visor piece) would be too bulky; printing is fine at this scale, especially considering that the pouches on his torso are also printed. I agree about Storm, though; she and Rogue should have swapped places (or we should have gotten Jean in the X-Jet instead of Rogue). 

36 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Print looks really good and is accurate, at least from what we can see. Is the figure perfect? No. But you can easily get the parts to fix the few minor issues like hair color and bland legs. Don’t see any reason to complain about this one.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think a molded visor would look needlessly bulky. Printed was the way to go, IMO.

Totally agree. The printed head and torso are good, and that's what matters most. Unprinted hair and plain legs are a lot easier to swap out than Rogue's printed hair or if they'd messed up his torso.

13 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

No, with those words they were referring to the next big set (this was said by a user here in the forum). Someone else mentioned a second set at the presentation when a piece of video was cut so as not to show another January set (which we now know about). I was two separate moments

Ah, thank you.

7 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It is available in reddish brown, which I think would work. 

His suit is darker than Beast's fur, though, so dark blue would fit better. 

Reddish brown would definitely work best for Cyclops.

His suit is darker than beast's fur, so dark blue might fit a little better, but at the same time, so long as it's unknown how many X-men sets we're getting besides this one, the CMF figs, and hopefully the mansion, I'm glad we've now got a variant in normal blue since we do have a dark blue one already, who's secondhand prices aren't insane compared to a lot of other supes.