Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

46 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Has anyone figured out where the cap marvel image comes from?

According to Reddit it is from the Lego Life App.

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

We live in a world were Iron man, captain America, Thor and even Star-lord get new faces every second year.

Iron Man and Star Lord certainly doesn't qualify for that list, since 2018 Tony's face has been reused 27 times and the moustached Chris Pratt head has been used in 35 sets

Lego Friends Otters just got revealed, so we have a cute baby Lylla to go with that cute baby Rocket

Bike set is an easy pass, Cap getting shafted again on leg print.

The buildable figures look a mess this time around. They kept the shoulder pad solution however the bodies now look rectangular, despite being superheroes based on peak physical form they have no muscular definition when compared to the cheaper Spider-man buildable figure. The posable fingers in concept is neat but in execution look weird, maybe you need like a new hand piece for them to attach to in order to make them feel more natural. The humanoid faces look awkward, it's why Lego should really focus buildable figures primarily on those who are completely masked, in-human or robotic. The failure of the Wolverine mask and brick-built parts emphasizes why it does not translate well to every character and should have always been a selective process.

The price increase in insulting, there's no justifying it. I still feel buildable figures are the way forward in regards to certain characters and/or themes such as Bionicle, I could see a very succesful range of these figures from £15-£25, but not here and especially not for £32. These are just £32 shelf-warmers, too expensive for the younger audience and lacking the details for older audiences.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Weird that they've revealed all June sets except for the Venomized Groot.

Shall probably wait to update list until that reveal. I really don't get why the Marvel theme has took such a steep nosedive in quality though, the start of the year looked promising with legacy sets but now it's just buildable figures and a Groot variant with the only hope being nostalgia focused legacy sets.

I'm perplexed, I'm looking at all the new sets and I'm envious of those who collect friends or monkie kid or dreamzzz :-D there are incredible builds, a million minifigures and new pieces.. the gap with super heroes (but also with harry potter) is incredible! It seems that the licensed themes are aimed at old people who only want the 500€ set every year, and something for small children..

5 ore fa, AndrewCole14 ha detto:

Secondo Reddit è dall'app Lego Life.

Thank you!

I went to the Lego Store in Dublin today and I heard that the Marvel Cmf Series 2 will still be foil bags not boxes because the fans complained about it and apparently the Disney Series were supposed to be in boxes so I guess we won't have to worry.

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

6 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I'm perplexed, I'm looking at all the new sets and I'm envious of those who collect friends or monkie kid or dreamzzz :-D there are incredible builds, a million minifigures and new pieces.. the gap with super heroes (but also with harry potter) is incredible! 

The problem with Marvel for me is the appeal of the sets is going to be almost entirely the minifigs nearly every time. Yes, we have some iconic locations and vehicles, but they are only really done justice in big expensive sets.

I always feel worse buying Marvel sets because I know I only want them for the characters, the playsets/vehicles they come with aren’t targetted towards people like me. 

That being said, it feels like we aren’t getting many sets at all, even those aimed at a younger audience. I feel the MCU format is too restrictive for sets, and we need to start seeing some more small sets with comic inspired designs and teamups, like the Miles and Morbius set we got in January.

I love the MCU, but I feel like it holds the theme back a bit, like its not allowed to be as fun and crazy as other themes.

Edited by AstroFalcon
bad grammar

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I went to the Lego Store in Dublin today and I heard that the Marvel Cmf Series 2 will still be foil bags not boxes because the fans complained about it and apparently the Disney Series were supposed to be in boxes so I guess we won't have to worry.

Did you just talk to an employee about this? Like are we sure they know what they are talking about

1 hour ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

Did you just talk to an employee about this? Like are we sure they know what they are talking about

Yeah, I talked to an employee at a table where they had the disney minifigures sorted by character.

Anyone reckon we'll see these new Harry Potter spell elements used in super hero sets? I can already picture using the red pieces for Scarlet Witch

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Yeah, I talked to an employee at a table where they had the disney minifigures sorted by character.

Not that I don't trust you. I'm confident a lego employee probably told you as much.

Thing is, the caisheers at lego stores don't know much more than we do when it comes to future releases (specially months away).

Like don't get me wrong, maybe it is indeed true and we get bags again, but I wouldnt put much weight onto their words as they couldnt possibly know yet.

I've just seen a rumour on instagram about 76266 coming out in August. Avengers Endgame Final Battle - 794 pieces with the following minifigures: 

Captain Marvel

Scarlet Witch

Valkyrie

Shuri

Okoye

Wasp (microfig)

Thanos (doesn't say if it's a standard or bigfig)

This chimes with the rumour that it was the female avengers teamup scene we had a few weeks ago.

Not sure how reliable mtdbricks is? 

18 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

I've just seen a rumour on instagram about 76266 coming out in August. Avengers Endgame Final Battle - 794 pieces with the following minifigures: 

Captain Marvel

Scarlet Witch

Valkyrie

Shuri

Okoye

Wasp (microfig)

Thanos (doesn't say if it's a standard or bigfig)

This chimes with the rumour that it was the female avengers teamup scene we had a few weeks ago.

Not sure how reliable mtdbricks is? 

Almost definitely fake. His source is an account with two posts, this and a NWH 'leak.'

Additionally, do we really think lego will make a 100$ female only set about a moment in the movie detested by neckbeards? I really doubt it, but Lego surprises me almost constantly.

edit: the NWH leak he posted was already mentioned fake/updated by Promobricks

Edited by bricksandabear

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Not that I don't trust you. I'm confident a lego employee probably told you as much.

Thing is, the caisheers at lego stores don't know much more than we do when it comes to future releases (specially months away).

Like don't get me wrong, maybe it is indeed true and we get bags again, but I wouldnt put much weight onto their words as they couldnt possibly know yet.

Yeah exactly. I don't not trust them either. It's just im not sure if a lego store employee has any inside information

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

Additionally, do we really think lego will make a 100$ female only set about a moment in the movie detested by neckbeards? I really doubt it, but Lego surprises me almost constantly.

I 100% think lego would make a set based on this scene. I don't think they would care about the people who were annoyed by it. 

Good spot with the source, I hadn't seen that. 

33 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Anyone else gonna see GOTG 3 today?

I am, and I can't wait to see all the amazing things LEGO left out of the sets 

I liked the wave at first glance, but now I absolutely hate it.

So many missed opportunities. The sets don't even look particularly good. Minifigures are just pathetic.

Yeah... Lego definitely missed with this one,

Edited by Clone OPatra
Deleted spoilers

Can we NOT post anything about the contents of marvel movies on here!!!! Most of us havent seen the new guardians movie and here this user describes massive spoilers! 

it has nothing to do with LEGO set rumours!!! 

10 hours ago, Goofster said:

Yeah... Lego definitely missed with this one,

Edited by BusterNut31

8 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

Film was good :) hope we get more sets sometime in the far future

Does Starlord use a helmet?

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

Does Starlord use a helmet?

Yes, as seen in the trailer he uses a yellow helmet whilst floating through space :wink:

4 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Can we NOT post anything about the contents of marvel movies on here!!!! Most of us havent seen the new guardians movie and here this user describes massive spoilers! 

Yep. I have deleted those.

We used to have a hard and fast rule that we'd not allow any spoilers even in spoiler tags for about two weeks after a movie comes out. Sometimes we even locked the topic. I'll leave it open for now, but please no spoilers whatsoever even in spoiler tags for the next couple of weeks.