Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[COR-FB] Scoping out the perimeter

The relieving force sent to Seawatch consisted of many regiments, including some irregular auxiliary troops recruited amongst the frontiersmen of the colonies.

As civilisation creeps further and further East, some look for ways to follow the ever-shifting boundary of the known world. One of these ways is to serve in the irregular light infantry attached to line regiments. As light infantry forces are often in short supply and an essential capability in frontier warfare, these auxiliary companies has become a way for regular regiments of the line to shore up their recon and screening forces.

52527144117_103ba2cf78_b.jpg

One such company is currently patrolling the hinterland of Seawatch, looking for signs of the enemy, ways to confound his plans, and potentially to harass his lines of supply and communication.

That is a great little slice of jungle there. The stepping stones and steam are a nice addition. As for the figs, very nice! Love the light utilitarian feel of them! Welcome ashore!

I like them. I can see from their faces that it is a tough squad. :pir-triumph:

Edited by NOD

Nice to see some more irregular forces being put to use. The stream crossing is well done and the uniforms are nicely chosen. My only criticism is the choice of weapon. I see those as more western/modern versus colonial, but perhaps I've just spoiled myself with different varieties!  All in all, a well done vignette! :thumbup: