Sign in to follow this  
williamyzfr1

Technic 8275 Motorised Bulldozer

Probably of no consequence to anybody but I spent the day sorting through the kids (now adults) huge box of Lego to find the parts for this model. Originally they had one each but I am targetting building one as I now know one remote and one battery box are too corroded and probably not all the parts are there for a second build.

Fortunately, the lower body internals for one were still intact and the remote functions and motors worked.

A productive Lego day but slowed when you have to spend maybe an hour rummaging through Lego parts for one piece!

At least the end result will be another complete 2007 8275 even if I ultimately have to buy any parts to complete the build.

Edited by williamyzfr1

5 hours ago, Unbrickme said:

That sounds so awesome! I did something similar once to rebuild my 8043 motorized excavator!

Thank you, the only part I couldn't find was the top of the exhaust, so £1.50 spent on Ebay.

Never had this set, but apparently have 97.7% of the parts required to build. It looks great, is it a fun build?

7 hours ago, ScT said:

Never had this set, but apparently have 97.7% of the parts required to build. It looks great, is it a fun build?

Yes it is a very fun build! One of the best technic sets ever! I strongly recommend it

It's one of my all-time favorite sets, and congrats on owning a unique set. It's amazing all the functions TLG achieved given the 'limitations' of the then hybrid build (mix of studded and studless).

My other 2 favorites are the 8455 and 8043, all 3 sets are a must-have in my book.

8275-1.png 8043-1.png   8455-1.png

Edited by DrJB

You brought back great memories with this montage @DrJB. In my opinion, these (along with the 8421 mobile crane) are the best sets from the early studless era, and remind me of when I rediscovered the awesomeness of LEGO Technic after a long dark age.

1 hour ago, Interceptor said:

You brought back great memories with this montage @DrJB. In my opinion, these (along with the 8421 mobile crane) are the best sets from the early studless era, and remind me of when I rediscovered the awesomeness of LEGO Technic after a long dark age.

Coincidently,I am just finishing an 8421 now, it was the first Technic model I bought for my sons (one each for Xmas). At the same time I purchased a 8674 Ferrari F1 car for myself. Happy days!

21 minutes ago, williamyzfr1 said:

Coincidently,I am just finishing an 8421 now, it was the first Technic model I bought for my sons (one each for Xmas). At the same time I purchased a 8674 Ferrari F1 car for myself. Happy days!

Glorious days for sure! Actually I like so much the 8421 with it's synchronized 3 stage telescopic boom - winch mechanism (which 42009 lacks unfortunately), that I've never ever disassembled it, but I play with it quite often.

Today I realised that I had just about enough extra parts to build the 8275 "B" Model. Just waiting on a second XL motor & battery box to complete.

Its not as complex or good as the main model but it did use up some more parts remaining in the children's now unused & redundant box of old Lego.

Edited by williamyzfr1