A couple of months ago, I share images of a personal project for a Classic Space piece pack.

I send it to Lego Ideas and was rejected. So I designed in around 4 days a space design using all those pieces at once.

This is a space lab base with a internal rocket launching platform. The rocket is manned and can hold a minifig inside, Includes a vehicle and a spacecraft.

Please help me by supporting this base. We need more cool classic space designs and make Classic Space as great as in the 80s.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/72fff146-8452-4118-889c-72d5a879b235

webp

webp

webp

webp

The design of the drone like spacecraft is awesome! The rocket is pretty neat, but I don't see why NCS will need a rocket when they have access to space ships like the spacecraft. The base is gorgeous, but also huge, it's like 3 or 4 sets in one.

Incredible work!

1 hour ago, othelarian said:

The design of the drone like spacecraft is awesome! The rocket is pretty neat, but I don't see why NCS will need a rocket when they have access to space ships like the spacecraft. The base is gorgeous, but also huge, it's like 3 or 4 sets in one.

Incredible work!

Thank you for your comment.

Could be various reasons.

1 it's cheaper to use a rocket than a spaceship, maybe the base is on a low budget.

2 It's a reseach facility, so they are actually doing that, testing new rocket designs as an alternative to the use of spaceships.

3 The elevation launching platform can be used not only for launching rockets. 

4 The spacecraft on the base can only fly on atmospheric altitudes. For orbital missions you need a rocket.

5 Manned rockets were one of the last achievements reached by Classic Space, so it´s an hommage to that and the Polaris Lab rocket.

6 ....

Please don't forget to support!

Edited by Operacion Saturno

So many reasons to build a rocket, I never thought about that. Looks like you're a very good reseacher.

I wish you to read the support needed :wink:

On 10/31/2022 at 6:34 PM, othelarian said:

So many reasons to build a rocket, I never thought about that. Looks like you're a very good reseacher.

I wish you to read the support needed :wink:

Oui!