Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Yeah a b2g1 sale would be perfect. Or even just a flat 20% off, I just don't want to pay RRP for my Simpsons S2 :)

Nothing special at Target from what I saw during the sale. Small-medium SW and City sets aplenty, but not much else. The Star Wars Lego Encyclopedia was in stock too but disappointingly, a lot of the books had the white Boba Fett minifig stolen from the cover. Thought maybe staff kept them behind the counter and asked an employee, but he said that unfortunately, what's there is there.

Yeah I was thinking about getting the AT-AT... but all the big sets are gone... And I can't find (an unopened) one anywhere except places that never have sales.

Mini Cooper. Where is that supposed to be? I saw one in a model shop today.

@ applaud whoever put the dragon and modular scene in the window at Mr Toys Hyperdome...

The 2ic put his city modulars in there.

img_3159.jpeg

Myer has the J Park sets.

The 2ic put his city modulars in there.

That's awesome, saw that tonight! GF loves the dragon on display there too.

As for Target with large sets, Robina Target had 2 ISD's left. (might be gone now)

Myer has the J Park sets.

Which MYER? Loganhome? (they didn't have any Jurassic Park sets at all when I went through yesterday around lunchtime...)

Edited by jonwil

Which MYER? Loganhome? (they didn't have any Jurassic Park sets at all when I went through yesterday around lunchtime...)

They did this afternoon.

.... The Star Wars Lego Encyclopedia was in stock too but disappointingly, a lot of the books had the white Boba Fett minifig stolen from the cover. Thought maybe staff kept them behind the counter and asked an employee, but he said that unfortunately, what's there is there.

I don't know how people do this, I had enough trouble trying to remove the minifig from my legally purchased encyclopedia.

Toy Corner also has the Jurassic World sets, right up to the big one with a 189 buck price tag (ouch) !

Does anyone know if any Australian retailers will have the Jurassic World Gallimimus Trap or Raptor Escape? I have seen that Toyworld has all of the sets except these ones in stock. Prices are a little higher than Kmart.

Does anyone know if any Australian retailers will have the Jurassic World Gallimimus Trap or Raptor Escape? I have seen that Toyworld has all of the sets except these ones in stock. Prices are a little higher than Kmart.

The raptor set will surely be exclusive to someone, as it has a higher set number than the biggest set. The other one isn't even on S@H so I don't think it will be available here.

The Gallimimus Trap is a promo set that is free with pre-orders of the LEGO Jurassic World video game at GameStop in the USA, its possible that EB Games (the Australian version of GameStop) might do the same thing as has been done with other LEGO video game pre-order promos.

In any case it definatly wont show up at any retailer.

EDIT: Nope, looks like us Aussies get a Dr Wu minifig with the game...

Also, the Slave 1, Palace Cinema and Detective's Office are now listed on the MYER website (although you have to search for them rather than just clicking on "Lego") and the DO (at least, didn't check the others) is showing up as "available in store as of 21/05/2015" for a number of stores across the country.

Not that its going make much difference since I know most people here either already own them or wont buy them until there is a sale :)

Edited by jonwil

My local ToyWorld sometimes gets what are usually exclusive polybag sets and sells them for $5 or $10, so maybe I'll get lucky. I already knew we couldn't get it from GameStop or EB Games, which is why I asked if anyone knew if it was going to be exclusive to another retailer, the way it came out in some Canadian stores without being bundled with the game. Also sometimes our Target and Toys R Us stores get the sets that are exclusive to Walmart in the USA, so I was hoping there was some news on that so I don't have to pay over $100 for a single set from America.

Has anyone seen the Power Functions motor box anywhere in Brisbane/Gold Coast lately? Preferably below RRP but at this point I may have to just go ahead and take what I can get...

Has anyone seen the Power Functions motor box anywhere in Brisbane/Gold Coast lately? Preferably below RRP but at this point I may have to just go ahead and take what I can get...

I did see around 5 of them at miranda david jones' $49

that was last weekend.

I dont think they'll sell by june and might be an opportunity to grab a bargain during the mid year sales

I did see around 5 of them at miranda david jones' $49

that was last weekend.

Umm, Miranda isn't "Brisbane/Gold Coast" :)

Umm, Miranda isn't "Brisbane/Gold Coast" :)

Yeha thats correct; Shopforme just put one up for 40 dollars?

Free shipping on orders over $150?

Might be able to score a deal with the daily sales

Ended up remembering I own a 4094 Motor Movers and where the 9v motor from that is so I dont need the PF motor anymore :)

MYER has 20% off Super Saturday tomorrow (or starts today if you order online). Plenty of stock of the big stuff (modulars, Slave 1, Mini etc) from the looks of it (and from what people on forums and MYER staff and etc have been saying)

I got my Detective's Office today from Chermside at the sale price thanks to Click & Collect (the Detective's Office, Slave 1 and Palace Cinema has been showing up on the MYER website all day off and on with it not working then working a minute later then not working again then working from a different web browser etc) although it was a pain to actually complete it (mostly because my phone ran out of battery just after printing "order complete, you will receive a confirmation email shortly")

Time to go put this beauty together :)

Do you have a link for the Slave I? Or what to search for. Can't find it on their website.

>snip

Neat, thanks!

Myer are absolutely shooting themselves in the foot having all the modulars semi- exclusive and not for sale online

For such a big retailer to have such a bad website is terrible. If you find any links for the Pet Shop / Cinema I'd appreciate it

It seems like MYER corporate has directed stores to hold all the good stuff (modulars, Mini, VW, Slave 1 etc) for the big mid-year toy catalog sale. How many stores will do that and how many will sell at 20% off today I dont know but Brisbane CBD is the one where the "dont sell now" info came from (so if you are looking, dont bother going there).

Everything I heard at Chermside as of yesterday implied they would have stock for today but of course they may have received a late notice to hold the stock.

Me, I am happy that I have my DO :)

RE: Myer 20% 1 day sale:

At Myer Garden City WA, I saw Star Wars, Super Heroes, Technic, Friends, Elves, Disney Princess, Jurassic World, Creator, Ultra Agents, Speed Champions, and City sets. 2 boxes of Simpsons minifigs S2, some Mixels and 2 Mindstorms sets. No Modulars, Slave I, Simpsons sets or Mini Coopers - they might be hiding out back :wink:

Lots of reports that MYER are holding the stock of the big sets back until their big mid-year toy catalog sale. So glad I was able to do a Click & Collect order for mine yesterday (even if it did require going all the way to Chermside, printing out an order-placed email on one of those internet kiosks and spending a few hours there waiting for the order to be ready)

Means I now have the parts I need to complete my Italian Pizzeria in time for the Strathpine Brisbricks show.