Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

This might help.

Its the Amazon Global site which just has stuff that can ship overseas:

http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Lego-Global

Yep, for laughs I threw the Volkswagen and a bunch of other stuff into Amazon just to see what could / couldn't be shipped. I used to think that none of it would, but some at least appears to fall through the cracks. Here's my sample:

4184 (Black Pearl) - blocked

4195 (QA Revenge) - allowed

7189 (Mill Village Raid) - allowed

7573 (Battle of Almut) - blocked

10193 (Medieval Village) - blocked

10194 (Emerald Night) - blocked

10197 (Fire Brigade) - blocked (not Amazon LLC or Amazon Export though)

10198 (Tantive IV) - blocked

10199 (Winter Toy Shop) - blocked

10210 (Imperial Flagship) - blocked

10211 (Grand Emporium) - allowed

10214 (Tower Bridge) - blocked

10216 (Winter Bakery) - blocked

10217 (Diagon Alley) - allowed

10218 (Pet Shop) - blocked

10219 (Maersk Train) - allowed

10220 (Camper Van) - blocked (not Amazon LLC or Amazon Export)

21005 (Falling Water) - blocked

There doesn't seem to be any real pattern between allowed and blocked - age, licenses or "type" (eg modular buildings) all seem to vary. Unfortunately, I don't know if the allowed / block lists vary either over time, and it may also vary by which Amazon you try. I agree with Hewman, it's hit and miss.

Because it's new and in the "hard to get", I think it won't show up in any local stores for a while, I seem to recall reading that the "hard to get / exclusive" items are only available through S@H for a number of months before local retail can stock them. That could be old info though. But S@H or BL are probably the only real options right now.

Just got an email from Target, their toy sale had been extended till the 23rd of October - dam....most stores are out of minifigs ! :cry_sad:

Just got an email from Target, their toy sale had been extended till the 23rd of October - dam....most stores are out of minifigs ! :cry_sad:

Try Toys R Us, Adelaide, a day or two ago they still had series 4 and 5 for 3 for $10.

Also I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but toyworld have the big space shuttle on sale from mext Monday (participating stores only). I think it was $20-30 off from memory, not quite as good as K-mart had them for but if you missed out then and are regretting it, this is probably the best chance you'll get to purchase one at a reasonable price without importing.

Speaking of importing, just a friendly reminder to all that this topic is for sales in Australia only, all the buying from overseas discussion belongs in this topic.

Cheers

Hewman

Toyworld Marden is partaking in the sale. :wink:

Interesting, that's my closest but they're not on the toyworld site's list, but I'm guessing you popped in there and asked.

Also the shuttle is $129, so $30 off which is tempting.

For anyone that is wanting to buy the the 8110 Mercedes-Benz Unimog U400 from an 'Australian' retailer, it looks like it is now available in the Australian Lego S@H website for $329.99 (previously only backorders were accepted).

It is still cheaper on Amazon.fr though (EUR 149.90 - VAT + standard shipping = about AU$180 + CC fees). Just saying. :wink:

Has this set shown up in any Australian brick'n'mortar stores yet...?

For anyone that is wanting to buy the the 8110 Mercedes-Benz Unimog U400 from an 'Australian' retailer, it looks like it is now available in the Australian Lego S@H website for $329.99 (previously only backorders were accepted).

It is still cheaper on Amazon.fr though (EUR 149.90 - VAT + standard shipping = about AU$180 + CC fees). Just saying. :wink:

Hard to say this without sounding snarky, but this forum isn't IRC where what was said just disappears forever...

You only had to go back 2 pages:

Spotted: ToyRUs Parramatta flaunting shiny new boxes of Unimog goodness on their shelves. At the RRP of $330, they can now be picked off by Sydney's wealthy elite. And by lowly, helpless addicts.

You know you love me xoxo

No one expects people to view this thread every day (though some of us bargain hunters do!), but if you don't, at least "catch up" from where you last left it.

Edited by dotmike

Spotted a few things at Toyworld Claremont today:

Yellow creator car

Lots of Star Wars including the advent calendar

Big space shuttle

They also had a book called "crazy action contraptions" which is basically some instructions and a bunch of technic bits.

Oh and they also had a copy of the supposedly-Big W-exclusive Pig Farm & Tractor. Only one though by the looks of it, no clue how they ended up with it.

Nothing at all of note in MYER or David Jones in the Perth CBD (or target). No sign of the Star Wars advent at any store other than Toyworld so far and no sign of the Pet Shop at all.

No Black Perl or City advent calendar spotted anywhere either.

Yep, Toy Corner....15% off only for another two days though. :blush: (saw them with my own eyes and chatted to another AFOL buying one...even I'm tempted to buy one and I'm no-Technic-head ! :laugh: )

Now, on another topic....it is sad news for us in South Oz today that TRU Rundle Mall is to close and being replaced in January by Kmart :facepalm: - oh, great another store with irregular Lego stocks and horrible product selection. :laugh_hard:

I wonder if they'll have a clearance sale.....one can only hope right ? :snicker:

Myer Adelaide CBD had one or two, I think the price was around $320.

Hard to say this without sounding snarky, but this forum isn't IRC where what was said just disappears forever...

You only had to go back 2 pages:

No one expects people to view this thread every day (though some of us bargain hunters do!), but if you don't, at least "catch up" from where you last left it.

Sorry, I meant to ask if anyone had seen the Unimog in Melbourne stores (not Australian stores), as it seems to have only been spotted in other states so far.

I went past Myer Melbourne Bourke St last night after work, where they had both the Unimog and Excavator in stock, and currently with their 3 for the price of 2 deal.

Sorry, I meant to ask if anyone had seen the Unimog in Melbourne stores (not Australian stores), as it seems to have only been spotted in other states so far.

I went past Myer Melbourne Bourke St last night after work, where they had both the Unimog and Excavator in stock, and currently with their 3 for the price of 2 deal.

No problem, I did sound snarkier than I wanted to, sorry about that - just get tired sometimes of sifting through noise to see the juicy bargains!

The Myer 3 for 2 - 33.3% discount (if you buy three) - on a Unimog is definitely worth talking about!

Still looking for the Star Wars Naboo Starfighter retailer confirmation.

I am as well.

Myer are getting good and frequent with their higher percentage sales: some vouchers came through the letterbox today, including a "save $20 on every $75" one which applies to toys.

6274873059_a70f3a291b_z.jpg

The booklet of vouchers is intended to be used for both MyerOne cardholders (card needs to be shown at purchase) and their "friends" (no card needs to be shown), with one for each. The vouchers can be used as many times as you like between Wednesday 26/Oct and Sunday 30/Oct.

If you manage to choose LEGO purchases that fit exactly into the $75, $150, $225, etc multiples, it's a 26.7% discount.

Edited by dotmike

I think so. There's no mention of online shopping on the voucher and there's a bar code for the cashier to scan.

I miss the old Myer jingle.

At Myer...

At Myer...

At Myer...

Where else?

I once went up to Sydney and they had the same exact tune, but with "Grace Brothers" instead and it just sounded wrong.

myer '3 for price of 2' does give a better discount at 33.3% but the '$20 off every $75' gives more flexibility for different sets

Has anybody seen a Lego sale at David Jones lately??

It seems like ages since they had any sort of % off sale and I haven't had anything in the mail yet about a christmas toy sale.

I have some vouchers that I want to use ;0)

Target have all four current Brickmaster book/sets on sale for $25 each starting tomorrow.

Might be good stocking fillers for younger builders?

Has anybody seen a Lego sale at David Jones lately??

It seems like ages since they had any sort of % off sale and I haven't had anything in the mail yet about a christmas toy sale.

I have some vouchers that I want to use ;0)

Last year I think they started around early November. They kicked it off with a short notice one day 25% off sale, then followed up a few weeks later with a more sustained sale. Traditionally, David Jones also has a decent sale in the week leading right up to Christmas Eve. They might shake things up if turnover is slack.

Edited by dotmike

just got back from Big W where i saw next weeks Catalogue for the 3rd to the 9th and they had POTC Lego, no % off but i did spot the QAR and the Black Pearl both for $147 each so it looks like they are restocking shelves with POTC to go along with The Black Pearl coming out... happy hunting!! :grin:

just got back from Big W where i saw next weeks Catalogue for the 3rd to the 9th and they had POTC Lego, no % off but i did spot the QAR and the Black Pearl both for $147 each

That's great news for people wanting to buy the Pearl locally! It effectively puts an end to those rumours that it would be an exclusive for hard-to-find independents. (I have to admit, I know LEGO Australia is greedy, but I didn't think they were that mean.)

I'm just confused about the relative pricing. Big W is pricing the QAR and The Black Pearl the same, but overseas the RRP of the Pearl is lower than the QAR: 99.99 USD for The Black Pearl and 119.99 USD for the Queen Anne's Revenge.

It looks like Big W is continuing to discount the QAR by around 25% off its RRP (199.99 AUD) but not discounting the Pearl by as much. So what does that make the Australian RRP of The Pearl? $149.99?

Surely it can't be much more, especially as Amazon.com are currently selling it for $84.99 USD ($82 AUD). Anyway, good to see the boat coming ahoy next week and good too to see POTC should be getting into lots of Christmas stockings! (And the juicy sales we hope are coming up.)

That's great news for people wanting to buy the Pearl locally! It effectively puts an end to those rumours that it would be an exclusive for hard-to-find independents. (I have to admit, I know LEGO Australia is greedy, but I didn't think they were that mean.)

I'm just confused about the relative pricing. Big W is pricing the QAR and The Black Pearl the same, but overseas the RRP of the Pearl is lower than the QAR: 99.99 USD for The Black Pearl and 119.99 USD for the Queen Anne's Revenge.

It looks like Big W is continuing to discount the QAR by around 25% off its RRP (199.99 AUD) but not discounting the Pearl by as much. So what does that make the Australian RRP of The Pearl? $149.99?

Thanks Tantile for the news quoted by dotmike. That's great that it's not an exclusive, means it should be available for 20% off at some stage.

Dotmike, most bigger sets are as close to 70% above US RRP as Lego can make it (there are of course many bizarre inconsistent examples, but more examples that obey this 'rule'), so I'm guessing it will be $170 here.

For those in Adelaide with Myer one vouchers, I saw 3 star wars advent calendars there (city store), of course you'll have to buy more than one or something else to get the discount but probably less hassle than buying 3 at a 3 for 2 sale and selling 2.

Dotmike, most bigger sets are as close to 70% above US RRP as Lego can make it (there are of course many bizarre inconsistent examples, but more examples that obey this 'rule'), so I'm guessing it will be $170 here.

You're absolutely spot on! The set has recently gone into LEGO Australia S@H: 4184 The Black Pearl $169.99.

So, that makes it:

Big W everyday $147

Target/TRU @ 20% ~ $136

Myer @ 25% off = $127.50

MyerOne at @20%+10% = $122.40

Myer 3 Pearls for 2 = $113.32

Other shops for mugs who don't buy on sale: $169.99