Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but is the new 7965 Millennium Falcon an exclusive to Target? I saw it in a Target store today at $249 (Miranda Sydney if you are desperate for one, they had plenty). However, it was in no other department stores in the shopping mall, which includes Myer, David Jones, Big W, and Toys R Us.

Was Target just lucky to get it first, or do they have either a limited time exclusive or full exclusive on it?

The main reason I ask is that if Myer has this 25% sale coming up (and presumably later on a 20% + 10% Myer One variant), it could just pull the set into buy-here-rather-than-import territory, whereas Target doesn't often go beyond its 20% thing. For an expensive set, every 5% makes a difference!

I think we need one of the sellers on here to definitively answer that. I know Target had the Clone Turbo Tank last year before everyone else as an exclusive for their mid-year sale, but that isn't for a long while yet and it seems pretty early to be putting stock out for that. People have been reporting the smaller Star Wars sets appearing at Target so maybe they're just getting them on the shelf first, so you might get lucky at the Myer sale.

I saw a number of very large Lego boxes at my local k-mart about to be put out tonight but couldn't get a good enough look at the labels to see the set number, but one box looked the perfect size for two MFs, but I guess that could quite easily be the to be released giant Ninjago set or something else I'm not aware of.

Edited by hewman

I would assume the larger retailers have an early exclusive on the new Star Wars range. I'll have stock in about 2 weeks including the new Millenium Falcon. And according to my data they fit 3/carton :tongue:

Thanks all for the info! I sympathise, ORTC, that they make you wait after the dept stores for stock.

The Big W sighting is encouraging for a simultaneous rollout. Myer in my area was relatively late to get POTC (after the Target sale had finished) but there's hope for next Wednesday if the reps have started stacking them up in different stores. If not Wednesday, there's going to be as good if not better sales soon after.

I figure $180 is an acceptable local price point to me, which could be achieved by a Myer 20% + 10% sale. (249.99 - 20% = 199.99 - 10% = $180.) Any more and I'm going to have to hold and ponder the box for some time, until it hypnotises me into walking it to the checkout. :wink:

I guess that could quite easily be the to be released giant Ninjago set or something else I'm not aware of.

The 2507 Fire Temple?! Now that would be tempting. :cry_happy:

I figure $180 is an acceptable local price point to me, which could be achieved by a Myer 20% + 10% sale. (249.99 - 20% = 199.99 - 10% = $180.) Any more and I'm going to have to hold and ponder the box for some time, until it hypnotises me into walking it to the checkout. :wink:

For $7.50 more (25% sale on Tues) I'll be walking up there without the hypnotism I think!

I've just calculated all of the SW sets @ 25% off and they're getting possible :/ boo hiss!!

I may fall off my soapbox and buy a couple locally. Especially if Myer has a good interest free deal going as well.....

I think we need one of the sellers on here to definitively answer that. I know Target had the Clone Turbo Tank last year before everyone else as an exclusive for their mid-year sale, but that isn't for a long while yet and it seems pretty early to be putting stock out for that. People have been reporting the smaller Star Wars sets appearing at Target so maybe they're just getting them on the shelf first, so you might get lucky at the Myer sale.

I saw a number of very large Lego boxes at my local k-mart about to be put out tonight but couldn't get a good enough look at the labels to see the set number, but one box looked the perfect size for two MFs, but I guess that could quite easily be the to be released giant Ninjago set or something else I'm not aware of.

As with Outer Rim we are the same our Star Wars range looks like it will in stock for us in about 2 weeks.

Anyone heard any rumors about a local release of Diagon Alley?

Or when Alien Conquest or new HP is due for a local release?

Still on the lookout for a Golden Staff Guardians if anyone spots one in Perth.

Given how regularly MYER seems to be having these 25% off sales, its surprising that they are surviving (or for that matter that they continue to sell this product given that they cant sell it without a 25% off sale)

Anyone heard any rumors about a local release of Diagon Alley?

Or when Alien Conquest or new HP is due for a local release?

New HP and restocks of Hogwarts Castle etc are due in July and Alien Conquest is still a few months away, but definately one to look forward to!

Maybe we will see Alien Conquest follow what happened to the last Pirates release where one store (Target in the case of Pirates) had an exclusive on it and then much later in the year, everyone got it.

New HP and restocks of Hogwarts Castle etc are due in July and Alien Conquest is still a few months away, but definately one to look forward to!

That seems pretty silly with Alien Conquest as there's a full page advert for it in the Captain's Cabin PotC set I bought, with no mention of a future release date. It actually gave the impression that the sets should be in stores now.

That seems pretty silly with Alien Conquest as there's a full page advert for it in the Captain's Cabin PotC set I bought, with no mention of a future release date. It actually gave the impression that the sets should be in stores now.

I think that's common for us with the LEGO set inserts, as the included materials are probably the same globally, but the distribution schedule is region based.

It's even more annoying when you give a set to say, your 6 year old, and he gets his heart set on one of the advertised ones in the insert.

However, because you've bought the set near the end of its run, the set advertised is now out of production, not on any shelves, and the eBay / Bricklink prices have doubled because it's become a rare collectible!

Given how regularly MYER seems to be having these 25% off sales, its surprising that they are surviving (or for that matter that they continue to sell this product given that they cant sell it without a 25% off sale)

I suppose if they are selling at, say, a 40% margin on the wholesale price, then even a 25% sale still gives them a 15% profit, which is apparently what a lot of consumer electronics products are, especially iPods.

As long as the volume is there, it's probably worth their time to keep selling a popular product. (The margin may even be higher for a bulk buy like Myer is capable of?)

Though I have to agree with you, that after seeing on my late night shopping runs what looks like the same old sets week after week, it's hard to feel they're moving a lot of stock. But maybe the shelf fillers are very good at replacing sold boxes with identical looking new ones!

At the moment there are a lot of unmoved POTC sets... I wonder if in a month or so we'll see those slashed to clear?

Edited by dotmike

Let's hope Myers discouting practice continues to flow to other stores -

25% is the new 20% :D

Target Helensvale (Gold Coast, QLD) were stocking the shelves this morning with all of these:

7965-1.jpg

7965 Millennium Falcon ($249)

7964-1.jpg ($149, I think)

7964 Republic Frigate

7962-1.jpg ($119)

7962 Anakin & Sebulba's Podracers

Impressive, since they're not even on S@H here yet.

Edited by Cadder

Target Helensvale (Gold Coast, QLD) were stocking the shelves this morning with all of these:

Yes they are on S@H already, have been for a few days, as it was what started the price rants :)

RRP of Millenium Falcon is $249.99

RRP Of Republic Frigate is $199.99

RRP Of Podracers set is $149.99

I'd be suprised if they are selling the latter two 25% off to start with, but Target have made mistakes before

Anyone seen the Star Wars sets in David Jones?

Edited by Brickus

7965 Millennium Falcon ($249)

7964 Republic Frigate ($149, I think)

7962 Anakin & Sebulba's Podracers ($119)

Could you perhaps confirm those prices for sure, as they genuinely would be mistakes for that Target and I'm sure some Star Wars collectors here would like to pounce.

At my local Target last night they were most definitely priced at the correct prices:

5789731330_5c1e3ab112_m.jpg5791951037_a75edfc2cf_m.jpg5791951025_f2e29bb617_m.jpg

(Also, if you are going to post pictures in this thread, please make them useful to the sale discussion, like these ones. Deep-linking to Bricklink product photos doesn't really add anything - they don't provide any proof of price sightings, etc. Sorry to be a thread nazi.)

($149, I think)

7964 Republic Frigate

Yes they are on S@H already, have been for a few days, as it was what started the price rants :)

RRP of Millenium Falcon is $249.99

RRP Of Republic Frigate is $199.99

RRP Of Podracers set is $149.99

I'd be suprised if they are selling the latter two 25% off to start with, but Target have made mistakes before

Frigate for $150 could actually be a plan...

In relative terms I've spotted a bargain for Aus buyers. The fisherman's boat from the city range is RRP of $25 here and $20 in US. Whether the set is worth either of those prices is another discussion for a different topic, but I'll be trying to grab it for a mate's son at 25% off.

Also just to add some data and balance to the endless pricing debate. As has been previously stated, prices are set well in advance. Our currency has climbed 25% against the US dollar in the last 12 months, so maybe some of the imbalance will be rectified over the next year. Also, the comparisons someone was making to Danish prices relative to ours, forgot to include the fact that they have a 25% VAT compared to our 10% GST. I'm actaully finding the lack of availability of sets in Australia, or only at selected retailers in very limited numbers at least as big a deterrent as the price at the moment. Given the info that people have mentioned here it doesn't seem like we can expect any decent prices on Kingdoms or Alien Conquest (if they arrive) for the mid-year sales.

TRU Adelaide have restocked.

Back are xwings, at-ats, swamp Speeders and Battle of Geonosis. Same prices still.

Also they have the new Ewok set and what looks like the Ltd Ed Cars set and the new Creator house and lighthouse (which is cool!). No clear prices on those sorry :/

Also, the comparisons someone was making to Danish prices relative to ours, forgot to include the fact that they have a 25% VAT compared to our 10% GST.

Very true. At the time I was just happy to see a comparable price to justify my arguement :tongue:

I posted over in the SW forum about the comming Hoth Base.....it's a TRU exclusive and it will no earlier than late August. Sorry no idea on it's price.....oops forgot to ask TRU.....my bad ! :blush:

If you are in Perth this weekend, come to the Claremont Showgrounds and check out our LEGO train display, I recon we have done even better this year than we did last year :)

As seems to be happening at many TRU, the Morley store has restocked the previously mentioned Star Wars sets, and the 2 new creator "houses" (no price tags). Also, Target Morley has the new Star Wars sets in:

Millenium Falcon $249

Frigate $199

Pod Race $119

Ewoks $?

Geonosis Fighter $?

Dathomir Speeder $?

Sith Infiltrator $?