Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I grabbed a couple of Cannibal Escapes because of the discount, but in retrospect even $30 is a bit average. The minifigs are great, but the RRP for that set is way too high.

QAR on the other hand is awesome at the sub $150 Target and BigW price. The ship has great presence.

I feel the same, I think the RRP should have been more like $30-40ish, but I definitely don't regret buying it at that price, after all it's a licensed set with 4 minifigures....

Kmart Ingle Farm has some of the Cars2 range, Mack is 65 bucks while basic Lightning and Mater are both 13 bucks a piece.

Keep on spending.....keep on burning that rubber ! :grin:

Why the hostility towards PayPal? Usually it's the vendors that have had a bad experience. (I had one selling a computer on eBay, and I then refused to use PayPal for a year. I relented because it's just so damn convenient, and the convenience encourages buyers to bid higher.)

Usually PayPal goes overboard protecting buyers, at the expense of sellers. That is, they'll reverse a transaction if the buyer makes a case (lost in the mail, etc) and the vendor is left high and dry. That usually explains the horror stories. Oh, and the fees, which again don't affect the buyer.

Anyway, there appear to be two Australian BrickLink vendors who would almost certainly welcome a fee-free bank deposit as payment:

The cheapest is $65, here.

Ended up buying it from K-Mart as I received a belated birthday present that allowed me to buy it :)

Hi all. I'm new here (first post) so apologies if this was posted already. :blush:

Amazon UK have free shipping on books to Australia and the Brickmaster series are in that category. Therefore the sets are about $16 delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO®-Star-Wars-Brickmaster-Lego/dp/1405356227/

In the case of the Star Wars one, that's great value as it has 240 bricks and 2 figures.

Worth even getting a couple of them for custom builds or spare parts.

The other sets only have 140 pieces.

Also be aware of the pre-order sets as they will push the delivery date of the order way off. Free shipping means they ship them all at the same time.

Firstly, welcome, Lego Love. If you'd like to introduce yourself and tell the community here a little about you and Lego, there's a Hello my name is... forum.

The free shipping offer for Amazon UK now lasts until at least August, it was supposed to finish this month, so folks you don't have to hurry. The other book that might be worth getting is the new Harry Potter one with the exclusive fig, I'm not sure of the price, it may be cheaper at bookdepository (who have always given me much better service than amazon) who have a code on their front page for 10% off until the end of the month.

I grabbed a couple of Cannibal Escapes because of the discount, but in retrospect even $30 is a bit average. The minifigs are great, but the RRP for that set is way too high.

QAR on the other hand is awesome at the sub $150 Target and BigW price. The ship has great presence.

Thanks for your thoughts on those sets, I don't feel bad about passing on the Cannibal set when I had the chance. I've been on the fence about the QAR even at $150 but it's great to hear another opinion.

Finally, a comment to all you fantastic people out there, it's probably only 5 weeks away until we get the great mid-year sales, and there could be a lot here to spend up big on, Pharaoh's Quest, Alien Conquest, Kingdoms Inquest and a bunch of usually shop at home exclusives possibly being available at retail and at discount.

Edited by hewman

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was on the fence too about QAR however I thought it would make a worthy addition to the Imperial Flagship. Apparently they will bring out more PotC ships in the near future. But I have no doubt that QAR will go up in price.

And where are the good sales in 5 weeks? Online or at stores (or both)? I only started collecting and building again relatively recently so I'm not aware of all the good sales yet.

I'm certainly glad I found this great community though!

And where are the good sales in 5 weeks?

Ah, in about that time mid-year toy sales start ! :wink:

Anyway, welcome to EB 'Lego Love'. :classic:

Speaking of toy sales....mid-year ones it should be only a few weeks till the Target teaser catalogue will be out (that is minus prices).

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was on the fence too about QAR however I thought it would make a worthy addition to the Imperial Flagship. Apparently they will bring out more PotC ships in the near future. But I have no doubt that QAR will go up in price.

And where are the good sales in 5 weeks? Online or at stores (or both)? I only started collecting and building again relatively recently so I'm not aware of all the good sales yet.

I'm certainly glad I found this great community though!

Myer, Target, Big W, Target and K-mart all have mid-year sales when a whole lot new stock comes in. They all have their own exclusive sets/themes which often sometimes become very difficult to find later. Also Target and Myer tend to havfe at least 20% off a lot of sets. Last year I think Myer was one of the first sales to start (and from memory it was June 24 I think). Some recent highlights (for me) include set 10193 (medieval Market Village) at Target for $120 in 2009 and last year at Myer I got the Imperial Flagship 10210 for $179.10 (RRP $279 I think), including a Myer One discount which I recommend you join (it's free) if you aren't a member as it often gives an extra 10% off sale prices.

Edited by hewman

...Pharaoh's Quest, Alien Conquest, Kingdoms Inquest...

:laugh: Harry Potter's Bequest?

I just placed an order for 8092 Luke's Landspeeder at the Big W site for AU$42.87 (I missed this set when it was available in store).

Shipping was $7, but I used the code 'BDAY5' to get $5 off. I think it is a 'spend $25 online and get $5 off' code. Total price was AU$44.87 shipped.

Given that it is still $49.99 at Lego S@H (without shipping), I think this price was ok.

I just received my order from Big W online. Took about 4 days to get to me in Melbourne - much faster than waiting for packages from OS. The only thing that I'm not happy about is that they just put the Lego box inside a plastic envelope, and as a result the box was a bit squashed by the time it got to me. :hmpf_bad:

I just received my order from Big W online. Took about 4 days to get to me in Melbourne - much faster than waiting for packages from OS. The only thing that I'm not happy about is that they just put the Lego box inside a plastic envelope, and as a result the box was a bit squashed by the time it got to me. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, I bought a Big W online special last year that was so aggressively stuffed into bubble wrap, I think the wrapping did more damage than the post! Plus there were some uncovered box bits that the strong sticky tape stuck to which meant the box artwork got ripped when it was removed.

So, Big W Online has some good prices from time to time, but maybe it's not the best choice if you're a pristine box hoarder.

Hey guys. If anyone is after QAR, she can be had for about $100 delivered via thehut.com

Use MMD50 at checkout for $5 off.

It's a pre order.

Hey guys. If anyone is after QAR, she can be had for about $100 delivered via thehut.com

Use MMD50 at checkout for $5 off.

It's a pre order.

Nice one!

Isn't it a pain when a 20% off Lego sale finishes and then more new sets rock up eh ? :sceptic:

A lot more Cars2 sets are now appearing at Target stores.....I was at Newton tonight, they had the ultimate sets of Lightning and Mater for 49 bucks a piece.

Ah, well I wonder if we will get one last big sale in before the mid-year madness starts. :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

Isn't it a pain when a 20% off Lego sale finishes and then more new sets rock up eh ? :sceptic:

A lot more Cars2 sets are now appearing at Target stores.....I was at Newton tonight, they had the ultimate sets of Lightning and Mater for 49 bucks a piece.

I think the 20% off sale at Toys R Us is still on until Sunday (22nd). I assume it's all LEGO, not just POTC?

Ah, well I wonder if we will get one last big sale in before the mid-year madness starts. :laugh:

Myer hasn't had one for at least 2 weeks. They're about overdue aren't they!

(Subtle comment on the frequency of Myer sales. All depends on how good business has been I guess. They've seemed pretty busy to me recently. At least, their orange packets of Series 4 minifigs were cleared out in no time flat.)

I think the 20% off sale at Toys R Us is still on until Sunday (22nd). I assume it's all LEGO, not just POTC?

Sorry by the advert on their website it's only POTC sets. :cry_sad:

Barnes and Noble now have the Pirates of the Caribbean sets in stock as opposed to their pre-order fiasco. Anyway, although not brilliant, they are more reliable than The Hut who make up lies about Aus post sending back sets. Also if you haven't registered for the kids club before you can get 30% off your most expensive item (if you're happy to wait a day or so for them to send you the code).

Edit: Ignore what I said about them being available, if you actually look at an individual item it tells you it's a 'special order' that takes 3-5 weeks. Given their record on pre-orders I wouldn't bother with that.

Edited by hewman

Barnes and Noble now have the Pirates of the Caribbean sets in stock as opposed to their pre-order fiasco. Anyway, although not brilliant, they are more reliable than The Hut who make up lies about Aus post sending back sets. Also if you haven't registered for the kids club before you can get 30% off your most expensive item (if you're happy to wait a day or so for them to send you the code).

Edit: Ignore what I said about them being available, if you actually look at an individual item it tells you it's a 'special order' that takes 3-5 weeks. Given their record on pre-orders I wouldn't bother with that.

I'd personally rather wait for an B&N order of x1 PoTC QAR then wait for a sale or price drop from "Rip Off Retail" prices we have here in Australia.

I'll be ordering from B&N as the packaging/postage is sensational.

Keep on B&N'ing

I'd personally rather wait for an B&N order of x1 PoTC QAR then wait for a sale or price drop from "Rip Off Retail" prices we have here in Australia.

I'll be ordering from B&N as the packaging/postage is sensational.

Keep on B&N'ing

I've had very mixed quality of packaging with them (and I always pay extra for quicker shipping).

They do have Cars sets available, and if you thought we were getting screwed on PotC sets, that's nothing compared to Cars. Flo's V8 cafe $60 US or $120 Aus. I was almost tempted to order one even though I have no interest in the theme.

Edit 2: What is going on, no longer special order, PotC sets now available on BN.

Edited by hewman

Edit 2: What is going on, no longer special order, PotC sets now available on BN.

Are you sure your not looking at another Lego set, B&N still has PoTC sets for 3-5 weeks order.......

But for Flo's V8 Cafe it's only 97 bucks at Big W......funny thing at Kmart Ingle Farm the Mack truck set is sold out now....yep, none left after one day ! :wacko:

I have also being told some shocking news at staff at a Kmart that they were reduce all their product ranges including LEGO ! :cry_sad:*oh2*

Anyway, keep on looking keep on shopping ! :wink:

I have also being told some shocking news at staff at a Kmart that they were reduce all their product ranges including LEGO ! :cry_sad:*oh2*

Yep i was told the same thing a few weeks ago but took no notice of the guy as he said the sort and store heads wont be coming at all then 2 days later they were on the shelves

if they do begin to have less Lego i wonder why my local store moved their Lego aisle to a larger one that is almost twice as long as the original one, my opinion of those that work at K-Mart

is that they are as useless as T!ts on a Bull, i give up asking them when this and that will come in they don't know anything, now if it were me working there i would do my best to find out what is coming

either it be Lego, Barbie, Beanz, Hot Wheels, Star Wars or what have you, its all about customer service and they don't have any!!

Edited by TanTile

Yep i was told the same thing a few weeks ago but took no notice of the guy as he said the sort and store heads wont be coming at all then 2 days later they were on the shelves

if they do begin to have less Lego i wonder why my local store moved their Lego aisle to a larger one that is almost twice as long as the original one, my opinion of those that work at K-Mart

is that they are as useless as T!ts on a Bull, i give up asking them when this and that will come in they don't know anything, now if it were me working there i would do my best to find out what is coming

either it be Lego, Barbie, Beanz, Hot Wheels, Star Wars or what have you, its all about customer service and they don't have any!!

I think this is a little unfair given the way most large retailers like K-mart work. Generally the staff don't know what definitely will or will not be coming until the truck unloads at their loading dock. They have very little storage area so try to minimise having any stock 'out the back'. They will sometimes tell you what they've been told to try and be helpful. Often what they've been told is unreliable. The lack of customer service is deliberate, but stems from the way the business operates rather than the attitude of the sales staff. It's one of the things that allow the large chains to sell cheaper than small toy shops.

Myer hasn't had one for at least 2 weeks. They're about overdue aren't they!

(Subtle comment on the frequency of Myer sales. All depends on how good business has been I guess. They've seemed pretty busy to me recently. At least, their orange packets of Series 4 minifigs were cleared out in no time flat.)

Well Myer have come through 25% off toys for the weekend.

I think this is a little unfair given the way most large retailers like K-mart work. Generally the staff don't know what definitely will or will not be coming until the truck unloads at their loading dock. They have very little storage area so try to minimise having any stock 'out the back'. They will sometimes tell you what they've been told to try and be helpful. Often what they've been told is unreliable. The lack of customer service is deliberate, but stems from the way the business operates rather than the attitude of the sales staff. It's one of the things that allow the large chains to sell cheaper than small toy shops.

Very true the staff don't even know things when the stock is out. :wink:

Retailers in Oz have a problem they are trying to do their own thing while copying the US and Europe at the same time. Kmart is tossing out some products in the dumb foolishness, that hey you want a mop - choice of only two, you want hardware - oh, if it's not a cheap hammer or screwdriver set then go to Bunnings (staff say that now - legal I don't know) even menswear is crap and lacking style. Now Lego it seems did survive the cut, but not now if a Kmart is your only source of Lego you'll have slim pickings - it means sets will go clearance more often, smaller range but not better pricing. I fear Kmart will have a great fall as Target and BigW will run right over them. Maybe it's time Lego don't offer them exclusives anymore, but we shall see when the mid-year toy sale starts right ? :wink: