Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

i just came back from Target where they did have 3 boxes, i went to scan the price and it didn't work so i went to a register to find out how much they where ($3.92)... went back to the LEGO section....... taken OFF THE SHELVES!!! i couldn't believe it! i ask the kid there and he said they where not meant to be out yet, their not in the system yet :hmpf_bad: i was so close to buying some.... :wacko: back on the hunt...

:doh: :headbang:

So unlucky, can't be long now though.

:classic: :classic:

Won't bother looking for a WA target that has some then if they arent supposed to be sold yet (and therefore would only be available if someone screwed up and put a box out early)

Checked Target's website, they said Tuggeranong was open until 7pm, got there at 6.20pm, closed.

Plan B, across the border to Target at Queanbeyan where the shops are open until 9pm Thursdays.

Giddyup, one almost full box of Series 4, like others it didn't scan properly but I got them for $3.92 (20% off). Picked up 19 *blush* Didn't have a cheat sheet but got plenty of different codes, fingers crossed for a set.

Also bought the little creator truck for $23 and the space shuttle for $39.

:woohoo:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Note to those in Adelaide, Myer TTP has series four, but not as many as Target or Toy Corner ! :grin:

Keep on shopping ! :wink:

On the subject of Target 20%, I noticed earlier in the week that Target Helensvale (Gold Coast, QLD) had "clearance" price tags on some of their old stock. (eg, world racers, Toy Story).. some of them were reduced by 30-ish percent.

I noticed today that with the 20% sale, they're taking a FURTHER 20% off the already discounted sets! So now's the chance to pick up any last TS3 or WR sets you may have been humming over.

I picked up the 5893 Creator Off-Road 3-in-1 for $79.90 and a construct-a-Zurg for $15.90!

Got a pretty good result from the minifigs.

Duped the mad scientist (cool, especially that nice bi-colour flask piece), figure skater, hockey player (wow, Lego ice skates), geisha, artist and the punk rocker (nice guitar, mad hair). Missed the swordsman, the viking and the gnome fisherman.

Thanks Target for releasing them during the sale.

Any news on which Aussie retailer/s be getting the Maersk train?

I only ever saw Emerald Nights at DJs or Myer but I may have missed it at smaller retailers.

Edited by AussieJimbo

I believe it is a S@H item only, though it did appear in a list for TRU in the states though. :blush:

Import might be the only way.....dam ! :cry_sad:

Oh well, we can only hope the popularity of the set changes that and a few make their way into a container.

I thought I'd have to import the EN until I saw it on the shelf at DJs, then Myer got additional stock about 6 months later.

I believe it is a S@H item only, though it did appear in a list for TRU in the states though. :blush:

It's marked on S@H as an Exclusive.

It's also marked as Out of Stock - expected delivery in May.

Having said that, I also notice HP Diagon Alley is no longer marked Exclusive, but now just HTF. I wonder if that means it's been OKed for release to a retailer?

Edited by Cadder

Hi~

I am late comer to modular houses and after getting the Fire Brigade, I am hooked.

Is Grand Emporium available in Aus at all? Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think I was able to piece together some facts such as that it was available through DJ some time back. But since the initial shipment, there hasn’t been more?

I have yet to see any in person except for one time back before I was out of the dark ages. I saw a single really banged up (box wise) GE being sold at DJ Sydney among a sea of Fire Brigades.

Would someone please guide me on where I can possibly track one down? And what is with the retail story of this set? Is it a DJ exclusive? Anyone else stock them?

Thanks in advance~

Hi~

I am late comer to modular houses and after getting the Fire Brigade, I am hooked.

Is Grand Emporium available in Aus at all? Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think I was able to piece together some facts such as that it was available through DJ some time back. But since the initial shipment, there hasn’t been more?

I have yet to see any in person except for one time back before I was out of the dark ages. I saw a single really banged up (box wise) GE being sold at DJ Sydney among a sea of Fire Brigades.

Would someone please guide me on where I can possibly track one down? And what is with the retail story of this set? Is it a DJ exclusive? Anyone else stock them?

Thanks in advance~

It was a DJ exclusive. Good luck finding one now. You can still get them through S@H, or you could always try eBay. There's a couple of people in Aus selling them.

I have one myself - it's a very nice set and fun to build.

I saw one of them in DJs Woden (Canberra) at full price a few weeks ago and it was gone the next day. This is the only one I'd seen there in months.

Perhaps this was the one that was listed on their computer but they couldn't find for me during an earlier sale several months ago.

Thank you all for your replies.

I don’t pretend to know or understand retail environment but it seems really illogical to have a set that is exclusive to one vendor and the vendor doesn’t even bother to stock them.

Is it because the market is small and everyone who wanted one already purchased when it was first stocked by DJ and it makes no sense to DJ to order new stocks? Pretty sad for late comers like myself though. :(

I know that S@H might be the only choice but paying $40 for shipping on top of full retail really deters me right now.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

I don’t pretend to know or understand retail environment but it seems really illogical to have a set that is exclusive to one vendor and the vendor doesn’t even bother to stock them.

Is it because the market is small and everyone who wanted one already purchased when it was first stocked by DJ and it makes no sense to DJ to order new stocks? Pretty sad for late comers like myself though. :(

I know that S@H might be the only choice but paying $40 for shipping on top of full retail really deters me right now.

http://cheekyjunior.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=501

Cheeky Junior have it currently for $281.34. Not much cheaper than S@H I guess but saves the ridiculous shipping fee. For most states shipping seems to be only $8.95

All the exclusives could potentially be sold at retail here in Australia. It depends if a retailer wants to take on an exclusive deal. Karen Owen from LEGO Australia explained this to me at the Melbourne Toy Fair, she said they get special permission to import a limited quantity for sale as an exclusive by a retailer because we don't have a LEGO brand store here. The Maersk train wasn't one of the exclusive sets that she showed me, so it won't be really soon, but I'd guess if we are really lucky, it'll show up at the mid year sales or before Xmas if someone takes it. I imagine Myer was pleased with their Emerald Night Exclusive, so I can't see any reason they wouldn't take the Maersk train if they get the chance.

It is partly because the market is small, but mostly because these sets are designed as exclusives to support the S@H site and LEGO brand stores. Unfortunately that doesn't work very well for Australia.

I wouldn't stress too much about the GE. In its first year the Fire Brigade was only at one retailer for full RRP, and sold out very quickly, in its second year it was far more widely available at retail here, often with good sales prices. I'm betting it will be the same with GE and it has just entered its second year, if not it will be available on S@H for at least a year if it follows the pattern of the previous ones.

Edited by peterab

Do not think this has been reported before. KMart has series 4 now. Spotted at burwood highway melbourne (6 boxes). Pretty ravaged though.

Do not think this has been reported before. KMart has series 4 now. Spotted at burwood highway melbourne (6 boxes). Pretty ravaged though.

What price did they have them at?

Hey All,

Target Elizabeth SA has x12 S4 boxes on the shelves, all full and with the 20% off they're $3.92 now.

Also, the Star Wars Lego 8096 Emperors Shuttle is on clearance at $55 so with 20% off it's just under $44 dollars which for the figures alone is a great buy.

Keep on Mini-figging

Hey All,

Target Elizabeth SA has x12 S4 boxes on the shelves, all full and with the 20% off they're $3.92 now.

Also, the Star Wars Lego 8096 Emperors Shuttle is on clearance at $55 so with 20% off it's just under $44 dollars which for the figures alone is a great buy.

Keep on Mini-figging

Target Doncaster (vic) has the same (heaps of untouched boxes @ 20%).....

Maybe I should check to see if any WA targets have S4 figs then...

Although the worry is that if I start calling around asking stores if they have stock, someone will say "hey we arent supposed to be selling those yet, lets remove them from the shelf"

I saw series 4 in Target (Springwood QLD) today for $4.90 a pop.

My 6 complete sets arrived yesterday too, with 2 boxes on the way as well. I think this is my favourite out of all the series so far. Love the hazmat dude.

Myer Sydney CBD has the orange series 4 packets at the toy counter (level 4) but they are not included in their selected toy catalogue discounts, so $4.95.

Are there any stores out there that still consistently sell below RRP?

Once upon a time Big W used to have their regular pricing below RRP (e.g. saving $10 on a $100 set) but these days they dont have the good pricing anymore :(

K-Mart stopped having sales when they followed Big W and moved to their "lower prices everyday" model but their prices are no good either (unless you find clearance stock)

Are there any stores out there that still consistently sell below RRP?

Once upon a time Big W used to have their regular pricing below RRP (e.g. saving $10 on a $100 set) but these days they dont have the good pricing anymore :(

Big W is now selling the 8070 Supercar. S@H lists it at AUD$199 but Big W had it listed at $178 (not on special), which I gladly paid.

Edited by Brix