Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I was in a hurry so didn't really look much - these just stuck out at me. But I will swing past today and take a look.

I went to have a look as well - $59. Thank you for that tip on Alamut though. To think I got it when it went for for $80! :wacko:

I went to my local K-Mart today and they did have the Quest of Time Lego set but the price

is the same at it has been $59.

The Star Wars Tantive set is still at $229 and if I remember correctly, those two sets

went to clearance 6 weeks ago now but haven't fallen any further in price, whilst other

sets continue to drop in price.

Good luck to those that can get the PoP Alamut set for $45 !!!

You are really dead set on Tantive IV - I suppose you've considered bricklink or amazon? I'm not sure how much shipping and insurance is nowadays, even with a weak US dollar :sceptic:

Hey guys, Im pretty sure Ive posted something in this topic before but I cant find it (nothing related to this though).

So Im going to Melbourne at the end of January (2 days after brickvention :sing: ). Is there any specifically lego store around the city anywhere? Or is it all just department stores?

Thanks guys!

I've never been to Melbourne, but I would at least visit the Lego section at Myer. It was mentioned in this topic - post 4346. It's not a Lego store, but it's so close. It looks fantastic from the photos - check it out:

Myer website - Myer Melbourne Toy Dept Launch

Flickr - Myer Lego section photos

I dont think this has been mentioned yet but someone in the NZ thread posted some info, something like "Pharoh's Quest wont be comming to NZ and it will be exclusive to one chain in Australa"

I dont think this has been mentioned yet but someone in the NZ thread posted some info, something like "Pharoh's Quest wont be comming to NZ and it will be exclusive to one chain in Australa"

It was Dragonator. :wink:

Feels weird in here. Different to the NZ finding topic.

Can anyone tell me where 4737 and 4736 are being sold in Auz?

Thanks

CF

Hey guys, Im pretty sure Ive posted something in this topic before but I cant find it (nothing related to this though).

So Im going to Melbourne at the end of January (2 days after brickvention :sing: ). Is there any specifically lego store around the city anywhere? Or is it all just department stores?

Thanks guys!

It's mostly just department stores, though each tends to have its own pros and cons. The CBD Myer has a newly renovated toy section with a large Lego area. There is also Moore educational which has a good range of Lego and often has stuff that is not otherwise available (it had some of the exclusive Lego factory stuff, and has Dacta stuff).

Other than that there are a few shopping centers with a number of Lego sellers. Chadstone, Highpoint and Northland all have four or five. Target, Myer, TRU, KMart, BigW, Toyworld are the sorts of places that are good for Lego here.

It was Dragonator. :wink:

Feels weird in here. Different to the NZ finding topic.

Can anyone tell me where 4737 and 4736 are being sold in Auz?

Thanks

CF

I've seen them at Myer and Target, but I'd guess also Kmart, TRU, Toyworld. I think they're pretty much all over. Target and Kmart are probably the best prices, but that may mean they run out of stock.

I've seen them at Myer and Target, but I'd guess also Kmart, TRU, Toyworld. I think they're pretty much all over. Target and Kmart are probably the best prices, but that may mean they run out of stock.

Thanks for that! :sweet:

CF

K-Mart Maddington (WA) have dug out a few PoP Battle of Alamut sets - scanning at $45ea

As of today (Saturday) neither Maddington nor Armadale have any Alamut sets. (they must have sold out during the week :( )

Plenty of on-sale Portal Of Atlantis sets at Big W though (good parts pack at that price IMO)

Plenty of Star Wars also (but even on sale Star Wars is still a rip-off IMO :)

Edited by jonwil

It appears that my local Toyworld(and really the only toy shop in my city) will have the January 2011 Lego sets in January (Unlike March for this year's sets). This could be good news for my bank account if I don't have to incur S@H's shipping prices. Knowing my luck however, the City Space sets will be March ones instead.

Also the owner (I think) said that there will be a sale on Lego from about 17 Jan onwards.

David Jones has a 25% off full priced toys promotion going on untill 16th of dec. Time to load up on GE.

This is good news! I knew DJs were going to have a 25% off sale coming up. Now I can get my Grand Emporium out of layby, refund it, and purchase it again:)

Damn I only purchased my Grand Emporium on Friday for $250 :(

The fire brigade however isn't that much of a special when it was retailing normally (over the last month) for $249

As of today (Saturday) neither Maddington nor Armadale have any Alamut sets. (they must have sold out during the week :( )

I picked up the last one from Maddington yesterday morning(Saturday) just before 10am. Thanks for the heads up Civic Bossman :thumbup:

Just got this one from the BigW specials email: Free delivery on Lego from BigW Online. Offer ends Monday December 13th.

In the past BigW Online prices have been even better than the price reductions seen in store, I haven't gone through what's on offer at the moment, but it might be worth looking into.

Thanks for the heads up on DJ's 25% off offer, I'll have to go see if they will adjust the price on my lay-by'd Grand Emporium without making me do the buy/refund/re-buy dance.

DJ's at the bottom of Queen St Mall (Brissy) is out of Grand Emporiums. And it sounded like they wouldn't be getting any more.

They've got plenty of Fire Stations though, around 10 at a guess. I agree, it's not a great price for them at the moment. However, with DJ's, Myer and I think Toyworld or TRU all having Fire Stations in stock, surely there's potential to get cheap ones later?

Another thing I don't understand - why is the Fire Station RRP (based on S@H) $300, and the GG & GE $250? Any gurus know?

The latest Target catalogue has the standard 20% off Lego, and also 8053 Mobile Crane for $99! *oh2* Oh noes! Time to buy again!

Starts this Thursday.

Edited by slopemodified

Checked Target's website last night.......as of Thursday for the last week before Christmas 20 % off all toys of course including our favorite......Lego ! :sweet:

Keep on shopping ! :sweet:

Those of us who try hard to look cool may have noticed that General Pants Co. is selling nanoblocks on their gift table. The same people may have noticed that 80s neon is on the way out again, and that nanoblocks are incredibly small building blocks offered at fashionably exhorbitant prices, such as $25 for the Taj Mahal or Easter Island sets, and $15 for the budgerigar, panda or reindeer sets. However, these prices seem close enough to what you might pay in Japan.

Those who aren't cool enough (or perhaps too cool) won't have noticed.

It is worth mentioning today because General Pants have 20% off their gift table items today. At least in Sydney.

Apologies to Lego purists.

Those of us who try hard to look cool may have noticed that General Pants Co. is selling nanoblocks on their gift table. The same people may have noticed that 80s neon is on the way out again, and that nanoblocks are incredibly small building blocks offered at fashionably exhorbitant prices, such as $25 for the Taj Mahal or Easter Island sets, and $15 for the budgerigar, panda or reindeer sets. However, these prices seem close enough to what you might pay in Japan.

It is worth mentioning today because General Pants have 20% off their gift table items today. At least in Sydney.

Well what crap am I reading here, cheap 'nanoblocks' which are on sale, looks like another cheap Chinese Lego rip off?

Are you serious, you should be ashamed for posting such a cheap product on a Lego sales forum dedicated to Lego!

Perhaps you are an employee at General Pants Co which is having a really slow sales day to post

your irrelevant find here, or I might just not be cool enough..... either way those who support Lego rise up and burn nanoblocks !!!!!

Those of us who try hard to look cool may have noticed that General Pants Co. is selling nanoblocks on their gift table. It is worth mentioning today because General Pants have 20% off their gift table items today. At least in Sydney.

Thanks for the info. I would have had a look out of curiosity if I had one near me.

In Lego news I saw plenty of Imperial Flagships in stock at Myer (Adelaide) today, not sure of price though.

LEGO bricks are by far the coolest around, and I say that as one of the under-20 crowd. Though at least these nanoblocks have the decency to come up with their own proportions rather than copying LEGO ( cough megabollocks cough )

Maybe you should have posted this over at nanobricks.com. They have a really neat site, where they list all the cool nanobrick kits and discuss things like the upcoming PoTC nano line and not to mention their number one seller Star Wars Nano. Keep on Nanoing !!!!

I dislike clone brands, and yes these things are plastic construction bricks too, but I don't see them as any kind of competition to Lego. Nevertheless from a set design perspective these piqued my interest and remind me of olden days Lego sets.

I did consider if it would be appropriate to post in this thread, and I decided that by my own standards it was worthy of a post, but not much more than that. Now let us never speak of this again. These aren't the bricks you're looking for. Move along.

G'day everyone, just read that for the next five days Myer is giving 25% off all Lego.....now that's better than Target's 20% eh ?

Keep on shopping ! :sweet: