Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Those prices beat those that I was talking about today, so everyone, get to Big W if you want toy story 1 or 2.

Big W also had the Tie Defender (set# 8087) for $50.00.

Does anyone have any news on when and where the Grand Emporium will be arriving in Australia. Let's hope its not Toy R Unts.

On Toys R Unts, if your a Sydney Sider, Moore Park store has plenty of the Exclusive Truck and Public Transport. You might have to look along the top of the shelves though, I found a lot of stock down the back of the store above other types of toys. The Truck scanned in at $59.95 yesterday even though its advertised at $69.95, so get in quick in case they realise their mistake, if it is one. I'm personally not wasting my money on the Public Transport at that price, maybe if it was closer to $100 I'd consider it, I doubt that will happen when it's only available where it is. The truck is a rip too considering you can get the Lego version for nearly $25 less ($35 if they put up the price of the exclusive one) and it's much the same truck.

Please, any info on the Grand Emporium would be good, I'm keen to get hold of one.

Cheers

There are some cracking bargains at the bricklink shop of the Toy Corner owner. Get in real quick because they'll either sell, and if they don't it won't be long until the prices are back to normal.

Highlights include 7199 temple of doom, around $70, ditto power miners titanium command rig. Just over $13 for 8014 clone battle pack. Also if in Adelaide he might allow local pick up.

bargains there be here

Edited by hewman

Checked my local Big W, plenty of the buzz ships for $25, the sep shuttle marked down to $30 were all gone. The big republic cruiser cant remember the set number was marked down to $100 only had 2 of that left.

Still no s2 minifigs on the southside of brissie

If anyone in Melbourne's west is looking for Series 2 Minifigs, Target at Highpoint had over 20 boxes of them. Several boxes were unopened if anyone wants a full box. I was a little bit surprised to see that I wasn't the only person there using a printout of the barcodes to identify the MFs. Hopefully they will last longer than the Series 1 minifigs.

Highpoint TRU was a little disappointing, the Public Transport Station was nowhere to be seen and the exclusive 7848 Truck had managed to sellout at the ridiculous $69.99.

Watergardens Toyworld have the Kingdoms Advent calendar in stock and are expecting S2 MFs in a few days.

If anyone in Melbourne's west is looking for Series 2 Minifigs, Target at Highpoint had over 20 boxes of them. Several boxes were unopened if anyone wants a full box. I was a little bit surprised to see that I wasn't the only person there using a printout of the barcodes to identify the MFs.

so i assume that it was you i saw at around 2pm today bj?....lol i was with my little girl she kept on walking off on me,

a little boy also came over trying to feel through the bags, so i asked what he was looking for and he said a surfer... so i help him out, his mum was very thankful :grin: i did my good deed for the day....

Checked my local Big W, plenty of the buzz ships for $25, the sep shuttle marked down to $30 were all gone. The big republic cruiser cant remember the set number was marked down to $100 only had 2 of that left.

Set number in question is 8039 - Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser. While I don't collect SW stuff, it seemed an OK price for the number of pieces, so I gave it a look.

Couldn't find them at Logan 'dome or Underwood, but Garden City had 3 after I got mine. The ticket wasn't marked "Reduced" or "Clearance", and it was sitting with the other regular priced SW stuff. But sure enough, when you scan it, it shows up at reduced price. So it may be that I missed them at the other stores, looking in the wrong spot. Big W seem to have their lego scattered across a couple of rows at the moment.

Another thing to note for clearance hunters: some of the clearance stuff may be with the normal stand, but some is also likely to be in a big bin / stand in a centre aisle close to where you walk in. I noticed a lot of the Toy Story items ended up there, but the SW items weren't. Not many Woody's Roundups left at the three I visited, but plenty of Buzz ships still left.

And thanks to Hemish for tipping that cruiser :-)

No sign of S2 figs at Target in Morley. TRU had the public transport and a handful of S1 figs. MYER had stock of pretty much everything including Kingdoms. No sign of anything much at K-Mart.

Has anyone seen any discounts on the Kingdoms dragon knights tower anywhere?

The passenger train at Myer works out to $152.10 if you show your Myer one card until Sunday.

The only place I have seen kingdoms was target with 20% off.

No sign of S2 figs at Target in Morley. TRU had the public transport and a handful of S1 figs. MYER had stock of pretty much everything including Kingdoms. No sign of anything much at K-Mart.

Has anyone seen any discounts on the Kingdoms dragon knights tower anywhere?

Kingdoms dragon knights tower if by this you mean the new kings castle I saw this at target $170 and big w and kmart $149 and myer but I didn't look at price there. If your talking about another set please tell us more as I am new here back from the dark years and I wasn't going to collect the kingdom series but now I bought the collection at target they looked so cool and that seems to be all that was in the 2010 catalogue.

so i assume that it was you i saw at around 2pm today bj?....lol i was with my little girl she kept on walking off on me,

Yes, that was me. I hope you found the MFs you were looking for. I got home thinking I had the full set, and found I had mistaken a vampire for a pop star, so it gives me a good excuse to go looking tomorrow.

Bryan

Big W Gateways in WA had 1x 8039 Venator left, it was clearly ticketed at $100 so won't last long. About 7x 8087 Tie Defenders ($50 is still not cheap enough to get me to buy this abomination, even for parts), 8x 7594 Woody's Roundup & 20+ 7593 Buzz's Star Command Spaceship.

I picked up an opened box of 7591 Construct-a-Zurg for $6 (already on special for $20) at K-Mart Gardencity because some scumbag had pilfered the alien minifig. Actually pried open the box & sliced the bag! About to try and construct-Mr-Zurg to see if the rest of the parts are complete. Don't really care as I'm not a fan of these sets but I figured it was a good deal for cheap parts.

Edited by craym0nk

If anyone in Adelaide wants a kingdoms advent calendar for $36, try your closest imagineif store, they currently have 10% off lego and my local at Newton had 4 calendars in stock last night.

Kingdoms dragon knights tower if by this you mean the new kings castle I saw this at target $170 and big w and kmart $149 and myer but I didn't look at price there. If your talking about another set please tell us more as I am new here back from the dark years and I wasn't going to collect the kingdom series but now I bought the collection at target they looked so cool and that seems to be all that was in the 2010 catalogue.

He means set 7947 Prison Tower Rescue.

tn_7947-1_jpg.jpg

Tiny pic but you get the idea.

Looks like Target in Melbourne CBD have Cad Bane's speeder in stock (probably around 20 of them).

Hefty price tag of $89.

No sign of S2 figs at Target in Morley.

Target at Helensvale (Gold Coast QLD) have 14 boxes of S2 figs. 5 of them opened, the rest just tucked in behind... *oh2*

For Adelaideans, Target Tea Tree Plaza has three (almost full) boxes of series two minifigs down in the Lego section of the toy department!

Just put the popstar together out of the 12 series bags I brought from Target Castle Plaza.

Still 4 bucks each though and STACKS of them too.....also NO Cad Bane yet - smeg !

I'm a conformist! everyone !

Went looking for S2 minifigs at Target Castle Hill (NSW) today and they had just recieved another three unopened boxes of S1 figs instead. So, if anyone in the Parramatta area missed out, Castle Hill might be the place to go.

Picked up the passenger train from Myer today, with special and myer one card came to just over $150 bargain!!

Aw, pinch me.....walked into Target Unley...it's a smaller store and right there some CAD BANE SPEEDER's - grabed it, but noticed the 20% tag on the shelf still.

At the checkout I said about this tag, after a few minutes waiting the checkout operator was told to give me the discount !

YES, I have Cad Bane for just over 70 bucks now....instead of needing to buy the CTT.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Big W Gateways in WA had 1x 8039 Venator left, it was clearly ticketed at $100 so won't last long.

I was at Gateways, someone had opened the last box of the Venator Cruiser and pilfered the minifigs! So I asked if there were any more in back, which there was. I asked if I could get a further reduction on the open box, they said no. Oh well.

I hope that the Venator Cruiser is worth it.

Edited by slopemodified

Hey everyone I just reading the paper that today only 20% off ALL Lego at Myer.....oh goodie....might just have a look ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet: