Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

For some reason they had the Toy Story Pizza Planet Truck for $111.99! I'm sure it's only about $75 at BigW full priced, no?

$55.22 right now

Finally got around to ordering this set, logged on to BigW Online to see it had been discounted even further:

Pizza Planet Truck Rescue 7598 $49.93 (Save $23.69)

Good price on this one as well:

Lotso's Dump Truck 7789 $28.22 (Save $9.40)

Add another $7.00 for shipping so I got the lot for about $85, saved me braving the local shopping center tonight to hunt for a deal. Now if only the Garbage Truck TS3 set wasn't an expensive TRU exclusive..

Note - Toyworld stores are also stocking the Kingdom's advents as well as a few independents too !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Has anyone in QLD seen any stocks of Advent Calendars yet? (City and Castle- I want both)

This morning I did a mammoth drive (went "the long way" to work) and checked all the following Toyworld/Mr.Toys:

Logan (staff here looked at each other blankly until one commented "No, we haven't seen those for weeks!" - which told me neither of them knew WTF I was talking about)

Indoordroopywilly

Riverstink (Ipswich)

Redbank Plaza

They're also not in Toyland at Ribena Robina ('cos MrsCadder checked)

OTOH, Target Helensvale (gold coast) have almost the full complement of games (including Hogwarts) included in their 20% off sale.

Kmart there are also discounting all their PoP stocks - same at Redbank Plaza.

Interesting to note; Myer at Logan still had some 10197 Fire Brigades AND a couple of Emerald Nights (at RRP of $299 and $149 respectively)

Myer Indoordroopywilly had a couple of Fire Brigades and a shedload of 7939 Cargo Trains. There were at least half a dozen (also at full RRP)

Edited by Cadder

also with Target having 20% off the Lego games, Target and Lego are offering free club membership if you spend $35 or more on Lego games offer available from 30th August to 31 October 2010

Now if only the Garbage Truck TS3 set wasn't an expensive TRU exclusive..

Definitely. It is the last one I need for the entire collection.

Lego at KMart has been pillaged here, but was suprised to find a Woody's Roundup set which I bought for $39. I already have one, but will give it to my nephew for Christmas

Old news for some, perhaps, but Imagine If at Marion (Adelaide) has 25 % off store wide until the end of this month (due to store relocation). For instance, this means you can get the Slave I for a more reasonable less unreasonable $112.5, if that tickles your fancy :classic:

Edited by KartoffelViking

Snagged the last Slave1 at 20% off from Target Bullcreek in WA. Not much else worth grabbing honestly, lots of World Racers & Atlantis, hardly any City, a few Toy Story sets. Obviously all the sets were jacked right up to full RRP so much of the pricing wasn't *that* great even after the 20%.

Buzz Lightyear ship down to $35 at Kmart Logan, big Prince of Persia set down to $99 they still had a few farms left at $65 which i thought was surprising at that price I had picked up two

Tie defenders and midi scale falcons still $50 and $35 respectively but in the clearance section.

Not much else to report oh they had the world racers and kingdoms sets at rrp too

Now has anyone seen either Cad Bane's Speeder or the City House 8403, they were meant to be released a month ago ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Now has anyone seen either Cad Bane's Speeder or the City House 8403, they were meant to be released a month ago ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Well i spoke to a guy at Toyworld about the City House last week and he said that all the new stuff was now out(ie: all the City Fire, Kingdoms) and that the City House was due in Jan or Feb next year...???

i have spoken with him a few times and seems to know what he is talking about

Hi,

came home to find a new toysrus catalogue and a myer catalogue featuring toys

- the toysrus was a little dissapointing - it some some older sets at 40% off - toy story set and space police 5973 - most other items were at normal pricing, including public transport ($160) and toysrus truck ($70) - they do have a lego dice keyring offer with purchase of $35 of games, ut thats about it

- Myer has very good discount on endor base ($150) - games seem to have good discounts (20% or so) - they have the official lego annual ($13) and a few other reductions - grevious fighter ($79) and slave 1($119)

Edited by jamonlego

Anyone else noticed a lack of Technic sets lately? I was waiting for tyres to get fitted the other day and did a lego sweep at a nearby mall. Tried Kmart,TRU and Myer and didn't see a single Technic set on the shelves.

On another note (not quite sales but specifically for Australians) if anyone here missed out on series 1 minifigs and happens to pick up a box of series 2, I've got a full set of series 1 I'd happily swap for a full set of series 2. The wife got really lucky at TRU the other day and spotted a full box under the counter. Given the rate at which Canberra sold out last time I don't relly want to have to go looking for series 2.

Hi,

came home to find a new toysrus catalogue and a myer catalogue featuring toys

- the toysrus was a little dissapointing - it some some older sets at 40% off - toy story set and space police 5973 - most other items were at normal pricing, including public transport ($160) and toysrus truck ($70) - they do have a lego dice keyring offer with purchase of $35 of games, ut thats about it

- Myer has very good discount on endor base ($150) - games seem to have good discounts (20% or so) - they have the official lego annual ($13) and a few other reductions - grevious fighter ($79) and slave 1($119)

Two things, the catalogues are not up yet on their web sites and secondly, the TRU truck is 59.99 - I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Lets hope that at least one TRU store has stock of the Public Transport so I can pick one up after work on Thursday.

Anyone else noticed a lack of Technic sets lately? I was waiting for tyres to get fitted the other day and did a lego sweep at a nearby mall. Tried Kmart,TRU and Myer and didn't see a single Technic set on the shelves.

On another note (not quite sales but specifically for Australians) if anyone here missed out on series 1 minifigs and happens to pick up a box of series 2, I've got a full set of series 1 I'd happily swap for a full set of series 2. The wife got really lucky at TRU the other day and spotted a full box under the counter. Given the rate at which Canberra sold out last time I don't relly want to have to go looking for series 2.

Target at Castle Hill has a good selection. Picked up the new bike (8051) for $64 yesterday. They had heaps of the Front Loader 8265, 1 of the new mobile crane, plenty of the new Container Truck and then the usuals (Forest Logger, Buggy etc).

Two things, the catalogues are not up yet on their web sites and secondly, the TRU truck is 59.99 - I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

hi again - the TRU truck is in the catalogue as $69.99 - not sure if its cheaper in shop and/or catalogue is wrong :-(

hi again - the TRU truck is in the catalogue as $69.99 - not sure if its cheaper in shop and/or catalogue is wrong :-(

Well I paid 59.99 bucks last Friday in the TRU in Rundle Mall, the shelf strip said 59.99 - but are they being their usual cheeky self and adding a TRU-only tax eh ? :wink:

Well I paid 59.99 bucks last Friday in the TRU in Rundle Mall, the shelf strip said 59.99 - but are they being their usual cheeky self and adding a TRU-only tax eh ? :wink:

Insane when you consider Myer has the normal truck at $39.95. Quite a large Tru exclusive tax!

I paid $59.99 for TRU in Hurstville NSW 2 weeks ago

Myer sales roundup. starts thursday 16th sept finishes sunday 10th october.

highlights.

city passenger train $169 from $229

city fire station $99 instead of $139

battle of endor $149 instead of $199

General Grevious starfighter $79 instead of $99

slave 1 $119 instead of $149

Lego truck $39.95

Toy Story buzz star command $ 41.99

no general 20%, no castles on special, damn.

TRU catalogue highlights. starts wednesday 15th to sunday 26th september

40% off Space police hyperspped pursuit now $47.99, Lego city garage now $83.99, Toy Story Lotso truck $ 23.99

TRU city truck now on special from $59.99 to $69.99... wow. how generous they are. !!! NOT!.

TRU Lego city public transport $159.99

LEgo games not on special. but you get a dice keyring if you spend $35 or more.

Edited by guy montag

According to the TRU catalog, there is a general 40% off all TS3 LEGO (including presumably the TRU-exclusive garbage truck)

That price for the Garage isn't all that bad if you like the set (or if you like orange)

Anyone who buys the City Fire Station from TRU at $111.99 is stupid when its available at MYER for $99 (the set is a GREAT buy though if you like fire, red parts or trans-light-blue parts :)

Boo at no sales on the public transport (but I still want one even at $159.99 :)

According to the TRU catalog, there is a general 40% off all TS3 LEGO (including presumably the TRU-exclusive garbage truck)

I didn't read the print. Thankyou Jonwil. The western train set isn't too bad now or the garbage truck.

Hi, everyone just had word that 8403 City House is slated for October release to Toyworld. :thumbup:

But sad news is that series 2 minifigs are no where in sight yet ! :thumbdown:

Anyway, I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Hi All

I was having a look through the TRU catalogue online and was checking the prices and noticed that the 7953 Buzz's star command spaceship seems to be marked up from the RRP or it's a printing mistake. in the TRU catalogue it has the RRP at $69.99 and I believe it should be $59.99 if the Lego site represents the RRP witch it normally douse it seems to be the only one priced higher in the catalogue. I know that the price for the 7958 Pizza Planet truck rescue has the TRU mark up as well RRP $79.99 from memory TRU had it at about $111.00? I don’t know what’s going on there!

Big W did have the Pizza Planet truck on sale last week online but is now at $73.62.

And also I know that I have mentioned this before but you should be able to get TRU to price match regarding the 7208 Fire station and the same with Myer with the others it may save a trip to both places.