Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Oh so tempting to drop a couple of hundred to pick up their architecture sets...

Pitty they dont have the Empire State Building, I would so buy one of those if they had it :)

If you go to the Barnes and Noble website, www.bn.com, you can get a code for 20% off one item and their shipping to Australia is quite reasonable. That's if you have any money left after the sales here.

Edit: I got to the checkout point and I can get The Battle of ALamut set, shipped here for a grand total of $70.54 US which according to xe.com is $83.46, which is approximately a 40% saving on Australian RRP!

Lets hope they actually send the correct order to me this time!

I ordered the same set last time but instead of my Lego set I was delivered someone else's order. The package had my name on it but inside it was to someone in QLD!! (Im in Sydney) I was really pissed. But got a refund and got to kept the items. (Were a few books on Finance (Approx $100USD worth)).

Sorry if this was posted before, but

7896 8x straight and 8x curved rails was in stock at my local Myer. This retails at $24.99 so comes in around $20 after the 20% discount. Worth stocking up a few sets if any of you got the cargo train or the passenger train. I also saw the level crossing there too, as mentioned from Lightning Tiger.

Out of the new stuff at Kmart left at some of their stores are the City fire boats and helicopter - of course the fire station and Wampa Attack have almost or actually have sold out !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Hi,

saw a couple of interesting items today - TRU had lego foldout boxes for $20 (with a lid) and $25 as a basket - both fold out flat for use, and then zip up all four corners to form the box/basket

Big W had the ultimate sticker book $13 and the Lego Star wars collectors book (with Luke minifig on the front for $30

bought the sticker book :-)

Big W had the ultimate sticker book $13 and the Lego Star wars collectors book (with Luke minifig on the front for $30

Well that makes the Lego Star Wars book 5 bucks cheaper at BigW, yet I paid full price when first came out :hmpf_bad: , but still I like the book alot - a must for any SW and/or Lego fan ! :sweet:

Well that makes the Lego Star Wars book 5 bucks cheaper at BigW, yet I paid full price when first came out :hmpf_bad: , but still I like the book alot - a must for any SW and/or Lego fan ! :sweet:

yeah...but the sw book w/ luke mf is only $12-13 in the US! way overpriced!

I am planning to visit Australia soon. Might just visit some of these stores to pick up some cheap LEGO, as I live in Malaysia where LEGO is terribly overpriced and EXPEN$IVE! :angry:

I thought LEGO was somewhat more expensive in Australia than other places. Got any examples of prices? How much would an Impulse set cost?

We can then do some caculations and compare the difference!

1.00 AUD = 2.80250 MYR

Well lets see....impulse packs.....$ 4.88 @ BigW, $ 4.99 @ TRU and $ 5.95 @ Toyworld.

Big difference between retailers eh ? :grin:

I meant how much do Impulse sets cost in Malayasia...

But more importantly I've just realised I missed the Imperial Flagship at Myer. The sale goes till July 24 or something but the Flagships are probably out of stock by now. pir_bawling.gif

I was there first thing on Saturday. They had at least 12 or so imperial flagships. So i'm amazed. Either its very zealous Lego lovers or very canny Ebay sellers doing the buying.

I recall the sale at Target last year and the new Pirate sets were gone in under 48 hours.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of discounts (if any) David Jones is likely to offer on the Grand Emporium? Anyone know what sort of discounts were offered on the Green Grocer?

Yes, K-Mart has a toy sale on... yes, there is a lot of Lego there for sale... no, there isn't much worth a second look (unless you're taken aback by the amount of Tantive IVs they have... @ $299 each...)

Does anyone have any idea what sort of discounts (if any) David Jones is likely to offer on the Grand Emporium? Anyone know what sort of discounts were offered on the Green Grocer?

They had a 20% off sale around the time GG was released. They went quickly AFAIK, I had to trek to find one (got one at Westfield Doncaster). As for what they'll do this time...I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't put them on sale.

Someone reported seeing the Green Grocer (yes definatly the Green Grocer) at Toyworld in Midland. Price seemed to be at RRP from what they could remember.

Picked up the two Kingdoms and farmer impulse packs today - I grabbed two of each - all at 6.95 each - they were imported from overseas !

If anyone has any interest in the new SW Minifig Magnet sets, send me a message. I'm looking to place a S@H order over the next few days so it won't bother me to grab a few spares.

Our K-Mart had 5 or so Fire Station sets left, but the lack of real discount on the Star Wars sets is disappointing. The battlepacks for $15 though was cool, picked up a few.

Seeing the Tantive IV out was excellent, but the $299 sale price wasn't. I'm holding off, hoping to score another discount like the AT-OT sets, but I think K-Mart has learnt their lesson from that

Picked up the two Kingdoms and farmer impulse packs today - I grabbed two of each - all at 6.95 each - they were imported from overseas !

where did you find the impulse sets ?

where did you find the impulse sets ?

I have my sources. :grin:

Locally in Adelaide.

But I do know the farmer impulse is available from BTTW.

Someone reported seeing the Green Grocer (yes definatly the Green Grocer) at Toyworld in Midland. Price seemed to be at RRP from what they could remember.

!

really?

methinks a trip to midland is in order..

this confirmed? where did you hear it?

Heard it today from another member at the PALS (Perth Adult Lego Society) meeting this morning.

Heard it today from another member at the PALS (Perth Adult Lego Society) meeting this morning.

cool...

pALS huh? Any info onhow to join that?

darnit..double post..sorry guys!

Edited by melike75

The VIP system is now on shop at home for Australians, basically it equates to a 5% (of money spent) voucher to use later. However, you can't register online, you need to call them. Speaking of Lego memberships, has anyone received confirmation about Lego club membership from the Myer sale? I sent mine in two days after the sale started and haven't had an email to say it has been processed.

Edited by hewman

The VIP system is now on shop at home for Australians, basically it equates to a 5% voucher to use later.

Thanks for the news, hewman.

Also, has anyone else that put an order in during that May 4 special received their SW sticker sheet? I realised last week I hadn't seen anything and put in a reminder.