Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Don't expect the UCS shuttle to show up in retail till 6 months after the release on S@H. Thats how the exclusive adult sets are sold in chains other than Lego stores.

Let me know buddy, I picked one up and its scanning for 89, but they had at least 8 at one of my three local Kmarts, so I could surely get you one.

No luck in my Kmart for marked down/reduced to clear Toy Story sets yet though :thumbdown:

I Scream Clone, Is there any bricklist of this set on the box or on instructions? I'd very much appreciate it if someone could scan/take a photo of this and post it to this site? I'm keen for this set too, but I have no idea whats in it (no instructions on Lego) and I haven't seen it in Kmarts yet.

Thanks in advance..

Edited by guy montag

I asked at my local K-Mart today, and if you go to the front counter once the sale starts with the catalog in hand, you can put anything in it on lay by and ( according to them ) WILL get it. The catch is that only applies if you do the whole lay by till Christmas thing.

Just for the record, my local had about 12ish of the xxxl brick buckets, and I'm guessing those suckers will go REALLY fast off the floor given its going to be cheaper then the smaller brick bucket from Big-W ( these "mega toy sales" really are crap this year :sceptic: ). Thankfully they had an enormous number of fire stations in stock, which ( apart from the xxxl ) is the only thing I'm really interested in.

God damn you tlg stop with exclusives.

The exclusive thing is driven by the stores. Stores want toys (not just LEGO) that only they have so as to drive sales to their stores. And the retailers have the power to demand such exclusives ("Give us exclusives or we wont buy as much product from you")

I got the magazine today as well. Wondering if this is meant to be "July" seeing that it is 30 June tomorrow. Nevermind - I think it is June ....

Would definitely love to get my hands on one of these - too bad Toys R Us is just too expensive .... :classic:

Yep I got the magazine today too. Very happy to the City House coming out in August! And after seeing the high res pic, I'm getting sold on the transport hub too :classic::classic:

Notice something though, under Kingdoms there are no jester or wizard impulse sets listed and neither is the farmer impulse set....

Does it mean we are not getting these impulse sets in Aus, that would be very disappointing!! :cry_sad::cry_sad:

Also, someone please remind me again if, when and where the Grand Emporium may pop up?

Yep I got the magazine today too. Very happy to the City House coming out in August! And after seeing the high res pic, I'm getting sold on the transport hub too :classic::classic:

Notice something though, under Kingdoms there are no jester or wizard impulse sets listed and neither is the farmer impulse set....

Does it mean we are not getting these impulse sets in Aus, that would be very disappointing!! :cry_sad::cry_sad:

Also, someone please remind me again if, when and where the Grand Emporium may pop up?

Thats bad news if the impulse sets arent comming to Australia. But it may just be that the impulse sets arent selling in big enough numbers to justify bringing the new ones to Australia

As for the Grand Emporium, its comming to David Jones later in the year.

I Scream Clone, Is there any bricklist of this set on the box or on instructions? I'd very much appreciate it if someone could scan/take a photo of this and post it to this site? I'm keen for this set too, but I have no idea whats in it (no instructions on Lego) and I haven't seen it in Kmarts yet.

Thanks in advance..

I had a quick look today and it had fairly good quantities of 1x2 bricks in most of the colours (up to 70 of some colours) A bit too many 2x bricks for my tastes. lots of eye bricks and roof tiles etc. Works out at 4c per piece, which is amazing.

It isn't out in US and no inventory available on Bricklink or Peeron yet :sceptic: Seems its too new to document.

Stick to the 6 months from release rule and you will have a good starting point.

I had a quick look today and it had fairly good quantities of 1x2 bricks in most of the colours (up to 70 of some colours) A bit too many 2x bricks for my tastes. lots of eye bricks and roof tiles etc. Works out at 4c per piece, which is amazing.

thanks I Scream Clone. It makes sense being a junior set 2x are probably the main brick component. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I looked at K-mart Firle last night, no wampas or Tantive IVs, although plenty of most of the other sets advertised except the xxl brick box (the only set I was thinking of getting). No midnight sale but store opens 6 am Thursday for those that want to get their hands on a RRP Tantive IV.

A heads-up, each year Kmart doesn't actually prepare the toys the morning of the sale, but rather do it the night before, after 'closing time'. This is usually around 9pm. Last year I dropped in the night before while they were busy moving everything around for the next morning. And yes, the sales prices have indeed rolled over in the registers so you can pick out what you want in an almost-empty store at sales price. Very handy for the more uncommon sets like UCS (each store gets around half a dozen)

PS: This is definitely not advertised, so call ahead to make sure your one is keeping its doors open during this time

Edited by Strand

Just noticed Targets main site has been updated to say the catalog will be out on-line tomorrow ( weds )!! Heres hoping it has prices in it, and that its less of a let down than the Big W and KMart ones.

Just for the record, my local had about 12ish of the xxxl brick buckets, and I'm guessing those suckers will go REALLY fast off the floor given its going to be cheaper then the smaller brick bucket from Big-W ( these "mega toy sales" really are crap this year :sceptic: ). Thankfully they had an enormous number of fire stations in stock, which ( apart from the xxxl ) is the only thing I'm really interested in.

Kmart sold these xxl1600 tubs/buckets (5589) last year as well, different shape than this year but it more than likely has the same pieces. Last years one was on the Lego shop@home pages for AUD$129.99 to give everyone some idea of what the Lego R.R.P was.

I agree these toy sales are the worst we have had for some time and this year would be the first time for a long time that I wont venture down to Kmart for the Toy Sale.

Just noticed Targets main site has been updated to say the catalog will be out on-line tomorrow ( weds )!! Heres hoping it has prices in it, and that its less of a let down than the Big W and KMart ones.

And hopefully Target has a decent half price set this year.

Thats bad news if the impulse sets arent comming to Australia. But it may just be that the impulse sets arent selling in big enough numbers to justify bringing the new ones to Australia

As for the Grand Emporium, its comming to David Jones later in the year.

It isn't out in US and no inventory available on Bricklink or Peeron yet :sceptic: Seems its too new to document.

Stick to the 6 months from release rule and you will have a good starting point.

Thanks guys for the news on the Grand Emporium :classic:

Lucky I work a block from DJ CBD so I can pop in and check later in the year.

jonwil, hmmmm...I kind of thought some of the latest impulse packs sold well like the traveller, I simply could not find that at several stores. Finally my friend pointed me to Target CBD to get more. Yeah, it would be bad news, I was really looking forward to those sets especially since I missed out on the jester and the wizard from the previous Fantasy Era Castle sets. And all the piggies! :cry_sad:

Well for me only two sets at BigW and one SW and all the new fire theme sets - on layby of course. It appears that World Racers is the only special thing at Target this year - apart from the smallest set - I won't be buying much of this new theme.

I think that the blockade runner at kmart are be withheld by the stores so they don't sell them before the sale - funny at that about 300 bucks and only 5 minifigs - meh ! :sceptic:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Target catalog up here. Nothing that I want thankfully, my wife wont need to kill me yet! For those interested the CTT is $189 and the City Airport $98.

edit: OOops, just noticed, its also 20% off Lego in general, so probably worth heading in once the sale starts and seeing what you can find. Now if only I could remember WHICH target I was in that still had a couple of Brickbeards Bounties!

Edited by Belchher

Looks like the only "new to target" items for their sale are the Clone Turbo Tank and the World Racers sets, none of which I want.

Looks like I am set on buying the fire station from K-Mart (if you like trans-light-blue window and windscreen parts, its a great set to buy for that reason alone, at ~30% off RRP its the cheapest its going to get anytime soon :) and that's it unless a City Corner shows up on the cheap somewhere.

Then I just need to wait for the GOOD stuff to appear (Grand Emporium, City House, Public Transport, yellow truck, TRU truck) and find me a way to get the Pig Farmer, Jester and Wizzard impulses without paying big bucks :)

Edited by jonwil

Has anyone noticed that the CTT is EXCLUSIVE to Target ? :hmpf_bad:

I was told by Lego that Cad Bane Speeder was going to be a Target exclusive in August, mmm, I think Lego might have been wrong. :sceptic:

Or is it Target's advertising that is wrong ?

Anyway, some of us have an early morning tomorrow eh ? (Hello, Kmart and BigW layby counters) :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Has anyone noticed that the CTT is EXCLUSIVE to Target ? :hmpf_bad:

It's exclusive for the sale period. Just like the Venator was exclusive to Big W last year. Mid year SW sets often get shopped around like the overpriced strumpets they are - at least until the gloss fades and everyone gets them by the end of July/ August (or whatever date it says in the catalogue; I haven't got mine yet).

I want a good deal on the Slave I! I wish that, General Grevious or even Palpatine's Shuttle was out instead of the CTT. You can't help but think Target picked a stinker there.

It's good to see some Spongebob sets back at the Target sale, lets hope they actually stock enough to make it to sale time this year as this hasn't happened the last couple years. It's a little disappointing that there's no shop at home exclusive 10XXX set this year, I would have thought stocking the Winter Toy Shop would have been a great fit for their sale, market it as Christmas in July.

Has anyone been to toys r us to see if there's anything on sale besides the sets listed in the catalogue?

I'm pretty sure last years impulse sets were also not in the catalogue so I wouldn't rule them out. Besides they are all on S@H for Auistralia, so I'd expect we will eventually get them in retail stores.

I'm pretty sure last years impulse sets were also not in the catalogue so I wouldn't rule them out. Besides they are all on S@H for Auistralia, so I'd expect we will eventually get them in retail stores.

Yeah, plus they're called "impulse" because they aren't advertised, (they often aren't in the Lego aisle but are near the counter) you see them on the way out and think: "wow, that looks pretty cool and it's cheap I might grab that too - on IMPULSE" haha.

Don't fret, they'll most likely appear eventually.

Kmart sold these xxl1600 tubs/buckets (5589) last year as well, different shape than this year but it more than likely has the same pieces. Last years one was on the Lego shop@home pages for AUD$129.99 to give everyone some idea of what the Lego R.R.P was.

I agree these toy sales are the worst we have had for some time and this year would be the first time for a long time that I wont venture down to Kmart for the Toy Sale.

I agree - it appears to be the same set/same contents. I bought one last year - good value - although to the best of my recollection it didn't have many plate pieces - mostly small bricks and slopes. Also agree about the toy sales in general. Usually at this time of year I get excited to the point where my wife threatens to sedate me (and confiscate keycards) :wacko: . This year I'm feeling pretty 'meh' about the whole thing. (except for the landspeeder :sweet: )

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Australia won't be getting any Pig Farmer or Knights Kingdom impulse packs in any stores except some online ones. I hope it's not the case, but it does look like it's true so far.

On a much brighter note, I can confirm that Big W does indeed have a few really good sets silently reduced with no advertising (at least in my local store) which will certainly be discovered during the big Toy Sale rush tomorrow, so if your local store is still open and you want one of these sets, go in and get it right now!

5974 Space Police Galactic Enforcer - RRP $149.99 is now $67.00

8039 Star Wars Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser - RRP $229.99 is now $129

7747 City Wind Turbine Transport - RRP $79.99 is now $29.62

7636 Combine Harvester not sure but it's cheap too!

Good luck!

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Australia won't be getting any Pig Farmer or Knights Kingdom impulse packs in any stores except some online ones. I hope it's not the case, but it does look like it's true so far.

On a much brighter note, I can confirm that Big W does indeed have a few really good sets silently reduced with no advertising (at least in my local store) which will certainly be discovered during the big Toy Sale rush tomorrow, so if your local store is still open and you want one of these sets, go in and get it right now!

5974 Space Police Galactic Enforcer - RRP $149.99 is now $67.00

8039 Star Wars Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser - RRP $229.99 is now $129

7636 Combine Harvester not sure but it's cheap too!

Good luck!

I tried this last night at a Big W in Adelaide but at least the 5974 and 8039 were at their regular Big W price. Where in Aus are you Cammy?

Damnit Cammy, why did you have to spot those prices? At that sort of discount they're great value just as parts packs, now I feel an uncontrollable need to rush to BigW and spend even more money! :tongue:

I tried this last night at a Big W in Adelaide but at least the 5974 and 8039 were at their regular Big W price. Where in Aus are you Cammy?

Oh, bummer, that sucks! I'm on the Gold Coast, and while I was there picking myself up a Galactic Enforcer and there was another guy who's 20 and he got one too, good to see more new AFOLs around the place :)

So there was one Galactic Enforcer left when I bought mine today.

Good luck!

ooooooo Ive been wanting that set!