Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

They had dropped it to $49 at our local store

[snip]

[snip]

And Kmart Firle has ISD Mini for $49 too.

Thanks! I think even $49 is a bit much, so hopefully it'll drop to $39 in a week or two.

It is Not Yet Shipped, yet I have received an email saying it has been delayed

I ordered two sets, using 30% code but no groupon vouchers. One set was shipped, one was marked as delayed (but shipped two days later). I get the feeling that sets appear on their site as available even when they have sold out. I also found out about 6 weeks ago that pre-order means nothing to them, so no point ordering any PoC sets yet as it will be taken out of your credit card for a couple weeks and then if they don't get sets in immediately they're due, they'll cancel your order.

First of all, thanks very much for the B&N kids code and the groupon coupon info. I have ordered a CTT for AU$90 - B&N have shipped already, so hopefully its on the way

just fyi from shopping trip today

- myer brisbane city have slave 1 and fire station reduced, also one of the nearly new atlantis sets reduced as well

- kmart garden city (bris) have the sort and store minifig heads

- Big W garden city have quite a few star wars minifigure sets - the just finished hoth sets, if you are still after them

- nothing new at toys r us

- City lego sticker book seems to be in a few places now, includign Big W and target

anyone know a good place to buy mars mission sets - my son has decided he wants these :-( - just a little late

anyone know a good place to buy mars mission sets - my son has decided he wants these :-( - just a little late

May I suggest 7644 Hypersonic Aircraft? Available from Bricks to the World for $84, down from $140. :sweet: Mind you, I used the flat rate shipping, Having it registered was too much for me.

Just went to ImagineIf in Adelaide CBD to try and negotiate a good price on a 10195 (SW Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker) and they said they have 25% off everything today. Lego is badged as 10% off but the guy behind the desk said there's a bigger deal going!

They've still got minifigures there if you're still buying them and a fair ton of kits upstairs. From what I've heard the 25% off is because they are closing down - so may be more discounts coming?

The 10195 sold before I got there too - so annoyed.........(who bought it!? ?!@?) I just made $700 on eBay for my Lego budget (YAY!) and this was the "big one" to get.

Also, anyone seen a Venator at a better price than TRU's $150?

Just went to ImagineIf in Adelaide CBD to try and negotiate a good price on a 10195 (SW Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker) and they said they have 25% off everything today. Lego is badged as 10% off but the guy behind the desk said there's a bigger deal going!

They've still got minifigures there if you're still buying them and a fair ton of kits upstairs. From what I've heard the 25% off is because they are closing down - so may be more discounts coming?

The 10195 sold before I got there too - so annoyed.........(who bought it!? ?!@?) I just made $700 on eBay for my Lego budget (YAY!) and this was the "big one" to get.

Thanks for the heads up on the imagine if sale. It was probably over a month ago but I saw a Venator for about $120-$130 at a Big W (would have been either TTP or Cumberland Park). It might be worth ringing around a couple to see if they have it.

Was the 25% off only a one day thing?

Legend! Just ordered one. One off the checklist - a few more to go :)

My turn now....anyone have any idea how I can get my hands on a 10217 Diagon Alley for sub $200? Big ask I know...I think my best bet is Bricklink..anyone else have any tips?

Kmart has put World Racers theme on the clearance track... (seen at Maddington and Cannington)

8897 Jagged Jaws Reef $25

8898 Wreckage Road $39

8899 Gator Swamp $39

8863 Blizzard's Peak $49

I hear that 8864 Desert of Destruction is also on sale, but did not see any

Also:

5892 Sonic Boom $59

7789 Lotso's Dump Truck $20

More on the B&N saga if you're keeping up......

Called B&N this morning - not the number on the order [didn't work!?] but their Customer Support and cancelled my order without any problems whatsoever.

So [stupidly?] trying them again with the 30% off voucher on the Clone Turbo Tank under my sons name - since they said that I'd already redeemed the 30% voucher on my cancelled order....... $100 shipped so in my mind still a great deal.

Also started with one request to refund my wife's Groupon, and then will follow with mine and my son's.

<rant>Being a business analyst in a web design company and building these systems for a living I must say that the B&N system has VERY bad checks with letting stacking of three Groupons and not enabling a voucher again on a cancelled order - simple stuff people.</rant>

Edited by distortme

My turn now....anyone have any idea how I can get my hands on a 10217 Diagon Alley for sub $200? Big ask I know...I think my best bet is Bricklink..anyone else have any tips?

My advice unless you absolutely HAVE to have it now is to wait until the mid year toy sales and see who has it and at what price.

Called B&N this morning - not the number on the order [didn't work!?] but their Customer Support and cancelled my order without any problems whatsoever.

So [stupidly?] trying them again with the 30% off voucher on the Clone Turbo Tank under my sons name - since they said that I'd already redeemed the 30% voucher on my cancelled order....... $100 shipped so in my mind still a great deal.

Also started with one request to refund my wife's Groupon, and then will follow with mine and my son's.

<rant>Being a business analyst in a web design company and building these systems for a living I must say that the B&N system has VERY bad checks with letting stacking of three Groupons and not enabling a voucher again on a cancelled order - simple stuff people.</rant>

That is extremely disappointing of B&N, even though you cancelled your order, your still not able to use the 30% coupon.

Chearly a cancelled order should mean everything is cancelled, including the coupon code.

That's crap, shame on B&N!

Legend! Just ordered one. One off the checklist - a few more to go :)

Hey distortme,

Did you use happen to use the coupon which gives a $30 dollar discount on the Venator set also?

I read that there's a current coupon that reduces the price down from $99.95 to $69.95 +$7.95 shipping, but im

not sure if it still works. I'll give it a try tonight.....

Edited by Clone-Trooper

Hey distortme,

Did you use happen to use the coupon which gives a $30 dollar discount on the Venator set also?

I read that there's a current coupon that reduces the price down from $99.95 to $69.95 +$7.95 shipping, but im

not sure if it still works. I'll give it a try tonight.....

The coupon code doesnt work anymore. It was originally to price beat the Fishpond deal, but then Fishpond changed their price so the coupon code got revoked. Even I would have ordered one @ $70 and I have no interest in it whatsoever!!

My advice unless you absolutely HAVE to have it now is to wait until the mid year toy sales and see who has it and at what price.

Do know which mainstream stores in Aus even have it/are going to get it?

The coupon code doesnt work anymore. It was originally to price beat the Fishpond deal, but then Fishpond changed their price so the coupon code got revoked. Even I would have ordered one @ $70 and I have no interest in it whatsoever!!

Nope, didn't use that or even thought about it....... don't care tooooo much as it was a quick flash of a deal and I don't think I'd try and sit around awaiting another opportunity like it. I was going to buy it from TRU @ $150 so $107 is great IMHO.

And if B&N send me my Clone Tank, I get my Shuttle Adventure next week, then I'm a happy little Lego fan - just need to work out where my other $350 Lego budget is going :D

I called and cancelled my "unable to process" order too, can't be bothered waiting another two weeks only for them to cancel on me anyway! And my Groupon refunds came through too. Yay!

Was the 25% off only a one day thing?

Nope, it's an end of lease sale and I was in there today and a staff member came up to me as I was looking at lego to let me know it's all 25% off (I assume until they close down). Some of the more interesting sets I spotted were the two newish city trains and the train station. After discount the Hoth Wampa set is now $60. They also had a few difficult to find sets like that Star Justice set from a few years ago and seemed to have a reasonable supply of collectible figs. Basically they always sell at RRP if you're wondering about any other set. I don't want to list everything I saw but if you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer.

That is extremely disappointing of B&N, even though you cancelled your order, your still not able to use the 30% coupon.

Chearly a cancelled order should mean everything is cancelled, including the coupon code.

That's crap, shame on B&N!

They did that to me too after I cancelled an order but I just created a new account with a different e-mail address (all other details the same) and was able to enter the coupon again - my Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid for $83AUD delivered is now on it's way. :classic:

They did that to me too after I cancelled an order but I just created a new account with a different e-mail address (all other details the same) and was able to enter the coupon again - my Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid for $83AUD delivered is now on it's way. :classic:

For anyone else with this problem who doesnt already have an alternative email address, with hotmail you can create up to 5 aliases with one address. You can have the mail come to your regular inbox so it saves you checking more than one email...

Awesome, i've been waiting for them to get the Scorpian pyramid in - and so cheap too. Instabuy! :sweet:

Quickly, TRU from the 17th for a week 20% off selected Ninjago - basically the spinners and the TRU exclusive Skeleton Bowling for only 39.99 (normally 49.99).

A couple of games as well, but no special prices.

Keep on shopping and spinning ! :grin:

My Clone Turbo Tank from B@N has shipped, so pretty happy right now to score it at a nice price, even if I only used one Groupon with the 30% off.

Thanks again ang911 for the deal!