Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

If your prepaired to wait 8 weeks with fishpond then that's fine.

I've ordered from them 3 times, 2 orders arrived 8 weeks later and the 3rd order was cancelled because they felt like it.

Will happily wait! Will see if other half agrees :D

Edit: don't buy them all! Waiting until my eBay sales finishes on Sunday to make sure it's covered.

Edited by distortme

Will happily wait! Will see if other half agrees :D

Edit: don't buy them all! Waiting until my eBay sales finishes on Sunday to make sure it's covered.

Can't find any current coupon codes for Fishpond but Buckscoop offer 5.6% cashback if anyone can be bothered :p

I noticed at kmart Marion (Adelaide) that the Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer is finally marked for clearance, but is still going for $59 :hmpf_bad:

I've been eyeing it since it was released, but I cannot justify forking out $60 for it. So if any of you happen to pop by kmart in the coming days, it'd be great if you could keep half and eye on the destroyer (and perhaps scan it, even) and share the good news here if it drops in price.

Catch of the day is dodgy, in fact any mods in this thread should use a zero tolerance and instant ban anyone posting links.

Not only are they notorious for not sending orders and being impossible to get a refund, they are also know to spam, they constantly run campaigns asking people to spam links to their site in exchange for giving the spammer financial incentives, not to mention bait advertising.

I remember seeing once time a new 120gig slim ps3 for $250 and 10 for shipping, dodgy as hell.

Just got to whilrpool computer forums and see for yourselves.

In further Barnes & Noble news, you can use this coupon code to get 30% off one LEGO item:

N7K9R7V

This coupon is valid until 7 March.

Catch of the day is dodgy, in fact any mods in this thread should use a zero tolerance and instant ban anyone posting links.

Not only are they notorious for not sending orders and being impossible to get a refund, they are also know to spam, they constantly run campaigns asking people to spam links to their site in exchange for giving the spammer financial incentives, not to mention bait advertising.

I remember seeing once time a new 120gig slim ps3 for $250 and 10 for shipping, dodgy as hell.

Just got to whilrpool computer forums and see for yourselves.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've ordered from COTD plenty of times. Everything from cheap candy to laptops and every single transaction has been fine for me. I've also done refunds, had orders cancelled or modified etc. Just a simple call or email would suffice. Hell, with this set, there popped up a discount code from one of their representatives with $30 off to beat the Fishpond one. If you've already ordered, email QQQ@catchoftheday.com.au with your order number etc, and you'll get the store credit (not as good as $30 refund, but whatevs).

Fishpond on the other hand... are absolutely horrid. Worst experiences with them. Goodluck getting anything to arrive within 2 months, that's when they don't out-right cancel orders and back-track. Would never recommend them.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've ordered from COTD plenty of times. Everything from cheap candy to laptops and every single transaction has been fine for me. I've also done refunds, had orders cancelled or modified etc. Just a simple call or email would suffice. Hell, with this set, there popped up a discount code from one of their representatives with $30 off to beat the Fishpond one. If you've already ordered, email QQQ@catchoftheday.com.au with your order number etc, and you'll get the store credit (not as good as $30 refund, but whatevs).

Fishpond on the other hand... are absolutely horrid. Worst experiences with them. Goodluck getting anything to arrive within 2 months, that's when they don't out-right cancel orders and back-track. Would never recommend them.

Fishpond already cancelled orders and put their price back up to $199 too!

Fishpond already cancelled orders and put their price back up to $199 too!

Yep. Just as expected. I also wouldn't be surprised if they reneged on all the transactions that already took place.

Nonetheless, kudos to COTD for listening to feedback, $78 delivered for a Venator is one spicy meatball.

In further Barnes & Noble news, you can use this coupon code to get 30% off one LEGO item:

N7K9R7V

This coupon is valid until 7 March.

Thanks emilyjem, I'll see if I can find a way to use that. Glad I've got until March.

Shame that B&N don't have The Whitehouse for sale. Anyone seen it on special anywhere?

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Thanks for the tipoff on the Myer 30% off clearance sets. Went in tonight and picked up the last Fire Brigade from the Garden City store in Perth. They had signs up mentioning the sale but no special tags on the clearance items, had to get the sales girl to scan a few sets for me to check. Like others have said, the extra price reduction came up automatically on the new till system.

GC store had a few Clone Turbo Tanks scanning at $125 but I'm not a huge Clone Wars fan and I've spent way too much on these little plastic bricks lately.

Has anyone got Battle of Endor or Imperial Flagship at 30% off from Myer? There's one near me that one copy left of each as of yesterday and I'd be pretty keen at that discount.

Has anyone got Battle of Endor or Imperial Flagship at 30% off from Myer? There's one near me that one copy left of each as of yesterday and I'd be pretty keen at that discount.

I don't think either of those are clearance items. Even if they're not in the clearance section check if they have a reduced price sticker price on them, that's what they did in Adelaide myer for Slave 1 and Atlantis sets that were definitely reduced. If they are reduced, it's a further 30% off that price.

Did anybody find out when the 30% sale ends? I just called one of my local stores (about an hour away) and the lovely individual I spoke to checked up stock availability, but unfortunately didn't actually work in toys. Long story short, they didn't know if the 30% sale was on.

I have my eye(s) on both emerald and fire brigade; would be good to get them at a cheap cheap price.

Just wanting to know if anyone received any Myer one voucher booklets, my family has received 2 because we have 2 Myer one cards, and earned enough points to get a gift card.

Thanks for the tipoff on the Myer 30% off clearance sets. Went in tonight and picked up the last Fire Brigade from the Garden City store in Perth. They had signs up mentioning the sale but no special tags on the clearance items, had to get the sales girl to scan a few sets for me to check. Like others have said, the extra price reduction came up automatically on the new till system.

GC store had a few Clone Turbo Tanks scanning at $125 but I'm not a huge Clone Wars fan and I've spent way too much on these little plastic bricks lately.

Garden City has five Turbo Tanks left and about six Slave I sets left ($76.30)

It was hard, but I had to walk away. I've also blown my budget. :sad:

To those asking when the 30% off sale ends, the sign says "Offer valid while stocks last."

Neither the Emerald Night, Imperial Flagship, nor the Battle of Endor was on offer. For those in Perth hunting for a Fire Brigade, check with Cannington. I saw three on Monday, not on offer at the time.

I can also confirm Endor was not on clearance, got the girl to scan it for me, $199 stickered price. I've been hanging out to get that set for a decent price for a long time. Myer Perth had a whole bunch of them in the Xmas sales for about $160 and they either put them in storage or sold a whole bunch because I haven't seen many since. $100-$120 would be nice, even lower would be ideal, they were only USD$99 RRP but they've been around since before the dollar picked up.

I'm glad my patience with the Fire Brigade payed off, I actually had one on lay-buy when Myer had the "No Deposit" mid-year toy sale but it was only $249 so I ended up cancelling it without making any payments.

Just wanting to know if anyone received any Myer one voucher booklets, my family has received 2 because we have 2 Myer one cards, and earned enough points to get a gift card.

Nothing here, would have been quite easy to get them to stack with the 30% off clearance items I think, the young girl working Thursday night didn't seem to familair with any of the pricing. Best of luck.

For those using the Myer One deal ($20 discount when you spend $75) make sure you take your voucher with you. My store didn't have spares they could scan, and said that each voucher was specific to the customer. Was tedious as I had to leave $300 worth of stock there !!!!

For those using the Myer One deal ($20 discount when you spend $75)

So that's what the staff at Carindale were talking about. Sadly I didn't receive any in the mail.

Carindale had 3 Emerald nights left (full price, 149), but loganholme has 4 Fire Brigades. As somebody else mentioned, 30% sale with extra bits off, leaving it @ $153. Very nice.

Well that should be my retail purchases done until the Maresk train comes out, and the new modular building.

I noticed at kmart Marion (Adelaide) that the Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer is finally marked for clearance, but is still going for $59 :hmpf_bad:

I've been eyeing it since it was released, but I cannot justify forking out $60 for it. So if any of you happen to pop by kmart in the coming days, it'd be great if you could keep half and eye on the destroyer (and perhaps scan it, even) and share the good news here if it drops in price.

They had dropped it to $49 at our local store

Has anyone had their orders from B&N ship yet?

I haven't used them before but some of their Lego sets say "Note: : This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated."

Is this a new thing?

They had dropped it to $49 at our local store

Has anyone had their orders from B&N ship yet?

I haven't used them before but some of their Lego sets say "Note: : This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated."

Is this a new thing?

Yeh I noticed that too, and my Clone Turbo Tank is still sitting around waiting at B&N. Blah.

And Kmart Firle has ISD Mini for $49 too.

Yeh I noticed that too, and my Clone Turbo Tank is still sitting around waiting at B&N. Blah.

And Kmart Firle has ISD Mini for $49 too.

I had 3 of my 4 orders ship, the other one is stuck at unable to process and my credit card charge for that order has dropped off my credit card completely, same story with another Eurobricks member so I am asumming those orders are not getting shipped. I emailed groupon and asked for a refund on those groupons I used on the Unable to process order. They emailed back saying I would get a refund on all the Groupons I purchased except the first one (?) I will wait and see what happens on my credit card as I am only hoping for a refund of those three I didn't get to use.

Nearly all of the B&N lego sets have the "no coupon" disclaimer however the 30% off kids club code still works with them N7K9R7V. It can only be used once per account though.

Sorry for those that got caught up in the mess the B&N Groupon deal turned out to be.

I had 3 of my 4 orders ship, the other one is stuck at unable to process and my credit card charge for that order has dropped off my credit card completely, same story with another Eurobricks member so I am asumming those orders are not getting shipped. I emailed groupon and asked for a refund on those groupons I used on the Unable to process order. They emailed back saying I would get a refund on all the Groupons I purchased except the first one (?) I will wait and see what happens on my credit card as I am only hoping for a refund of those three I didn't get to use.

Nearly all of the B&N lego sets have the "no coupon" disclaimer however the 30% off kids club code still works with them N7K9R7V. It can only be used once per account though.

Sorry for those that got caught up in the mess the B&N Groupon deal turned out to be.

How many groupons did you use with the your unshipped order?

I only used one groupon with the 30% off code, just hoping I didn't luck out

For those discussing the Battle for Endor set before, S@H have taken $20 off their selling price, down to $179.99

The only thing annoying me at the moment is that I can't cancel it online. I'm keen to still get it and I'll reorder it straight away with the above code.

How many groupons did you use with the your unshipped order?

I only used one groupon with the 30% off code, just hoping I didn't luck out

For those discussing the Battle for Endor set before, S@H have taken $20 off their selling price, down to $179.99

>The Darkness> I used three groupons. If you only used one then you should have been fine...Did your order go to "unable to process" status or was it just "not yet shipped"?

>Distortme> Just remember you will have to create another account to use the 30% code again.

>The Darkness> I used three groupons. If you only used one then you should have been fine...Did your order go to "unable to process" status or was it just "not yet shipped"?

It is Not Yet Shipped, yet I have received an email saying it has been delayed