Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Saw Ninjago being unboxed at David Jones Adelaide CBD at lunch time today. Zip elsewhere from 2011....

Patience for SW 2011 kits waning..... :)

I can't beleive that only one Kmart has one new set......nothing anywhere else ?

Plus flamin' Ninjago......what if this theme doesn't take-off eh ?

Anymore sighting's interstate of any new sets ?

Ah, well keep on looking ! :wink:

Target has reduced the Adventures in Bikini Bottom #3827 to $34.50 (Half Price) I found one at my local Target but it could have came from a cancelled xmas layby.

That sounds like a steal considering it goes for more than $100 on bricklink...

That sounds like a steal considering it goes for more than $100 on bricklink...

My mistake it is actually the newer version. #3834

Anyway, saw some Agents (8968, 8969, 8970, 8971), Space Police (5969, 5973, 5985), Star Wars, Belville, City, Power Miners (8964, 8191), Technic (8049, 8052, 8053) Toy Story (7592, 7597, 7789) and games left

Did you happen to notice if they had any of the city house #8403?

I went anyway, could not resist a look. You were partly right: the sale was not really 25-50% off, just 25%. Disappointing. The only thing that got 50% off was some skateboard.

Anyway, saw some Agents (8968, 8969, 8970, 8971), Space Police (5969, 5973, 5985), Star Wars, Belville, City, Power Miners (8964, 8191), Technic (8049, 8052, 8053) Toy Story (7592, 7597, 7789) and games left.

Heh, that was sposed to be jokes, trying to protect my secret stash. They've got (had?) a few of the older Star Wars sets that you will only find online. But yes, since I've grown accustomed to checking this thread multiple times a day & never paying full price, the RRP prices at Toyworld aren't much of a draw even if they have hard to find sets. Strong AUS dollar is also affecting my buy price descisions.

Might go see if they have any train tracks though, been bitten by a new bug after picking up that bargain DJs Cargo train set. Kicking myself for nit buying multiples now.

Did you happen to notice if they had any of the city house #8403?

Sorry, I did not see that one there.

I've grown accustomed to checking this thread multiple times a day & never paying full price, the RRP prices at Toyworld aren't much of a draw even if they have hard to find sets. Strong AUS dollar is also affecting my buy price descisions.

Might go see if they have any train tracks though, been bitten by a new bug after picking up that bargain DJs Cargo train set. Kicking myself for nit buying multiples now.

I think we can all relate to that statement about prices. The US RRP is my benchmark, and is on the pricing chart I carry when I go shopping :laugh:

Did not see any train stuff at all though. Track seems to be so rare. You might want to save yourself the trip, or call ahead.

Target has reduced the Adventures in Bikini Bottom #3834 to $34.50 (Half Price) I found one at my local Target but it could have came from a cancelled xmas layby.

edit: set number

I had a look but couldn't find any at my local Target.

Greta price for the set, lots of parts for the money.

Matt

Kmart TTP ?

I was only there this morning around 9 o'clock......and there Lego selection was crap.....interesting to note that the police figure pack will also be on sale for 12 bucks !

Pitty I want the prisoner transport ! :wink:

I might just go and look tomorrow morning after I drop my son at VacCare for the day. :wink:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Kmart TTP ?

I was only there this morning around 9 o'clock......and there Lego selection was crap.....interesting to note that the police figure pack will also be on sale for 12 bucks !

Pitty I want the prisoner transport ! :wink:

I might just go and look tomorrow morning after I drop my son at VacCare for the day. :wink:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Kmart TTP, indeed. They also have both of the new Star Wars battle packs.

I'm getting restless, waiting for Pharaoh's Quest and series 3 minifigs.

Edited by KartoffelViking

Hi all, I just got the Ninjago dojo and the ambush set at forest hill shopping center Toyworld, and they gave me a free cole keychain! :wink:

K-Mart Firle - zero. Except for 2 Tantive IVs at $169 - already have one of those :/

Lots of Clone Walker packs which I'm hoping go 50% next week to make room :D

Hi all, I just got the Ninjago dojo and the ambush set at forest hill shopping center Toyworld, and they gave me a free cole keychain! :wink:

Well that's interesting.....I check Parafield Toyworld today.....they haven't even received an email saying when they are getting their January stock....again SA gets the raw end of the stick ! :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, keep on looking ! :wink:

Do let us know if those puppies get cleared out.......

If only we could get the same discounts of 50% like the US get!

Report from today's big shopping trip here in the west

Spotted NinjaGo spinners (including the double spinner starter pack) at various Target stores.

Other than that, there was nothing in Carousel, Belmont, Inaloo, Morley or Midland.

Nothing was spotted in MYER in the CBD last night (although I didnt get there today).

So that's 2 MYERs, 5 K-Marts, 3 Big Ws, 2 TRUs and a Toyworld, NONE of which had any new stock or knew anything about it. And 4 Targets with only NinjaGo spinners and no idea about any other new product.

David Jones in the CBD on the other hand as of today had just gotten stock of the new police dog unit, police boat, mobile police unit, police minifigure collection, prisoner transport and police station. All were being sold at RRP. (i.e. matching Shop @ Home prices)

David Jones also had the same NinjaGo spinner sets as Target.

Bought the prisoner transport but am waiting for the Police Station to appear at MYER, Target or K-Mart (preferably at a price less than RRP) so I can buy it with my xmas gift vouchers.

Report from today's big shopping trip here in the west

Spotted NinjaGo spinners (including the double spinner starter pack) at various Target stores.

Other than that, there was nothing in Carousel, Belmont, Inaloo, Morley or Midland.

Nothing was spotted in MYER in the CBD last night (although I didnt get there today).

So that's 2 MYERs, 5 K-Marts, 3 Big Ws, 2 TRUs and a Toyworld, NONE of which had any new stock or knew anything about it. And 4 Targets with only NinjaGo spinners and no idea about any other new product.

David Jones in the CBD on the other hand as of today had just gotten stock of the new police dog unit, police boat, mobile police unit, police minifigure collection, prisoner transport and police station. All were being sold at RRP. (i.e. matching Shop @ Home prices)

David Jones also had the same NinjaGo spinner sets as Target.

Bought the prisoner transport but am waiting for the Police Station to appear at MYER, Target or K-Mart (preferably at a price less than RRP) so I can buy it with my xmas gift vouchers.

Did you happen to see any old sets on sale? Harry Potter or Spongebob, for example?

Don't recall any Spongebob anywhere.

Didn't pay any attention to Harry Potter since I have all the sets already.

Western Sydney reporting in.

Kmart:

Visited several Kmarts this evening in South West Sydney and found most stores devoid of any HP sets. Most major retailers (not just Kmart) in metro Sydney have either sold out of HP sets or sitting on just a handful of Freeing Dobby and Quidditch sets. Would appear HP proved popular during Christmas and shelves are being cleared for the new 2011 stock.

Also on clearance in Kmart, noted Space Police Central for $90, and Undercover Cruiser for $40. Found and purchased a City Corner (7641) for $55!

Ninjago basic sets scanning for $15. Found a full box sitting on the toy shelf, would appear the employee brought out but forgot to unpack.

BIG W:

Found a single Sort & Store storage unit tonight. Must have been returned stock or an unwanted layby item. Called BIG W customer service during the day looking for more of these and confirmed the distributer for this item was liquidated prior to Christmas and this product would not be restocked.

I think we can all relate to that statement about prices. The US RRP is my benchmark, and is on the pricing chart I carry when I go shopping :laugh:

Did not see any train stuff at all though. Track seems to be so rare. You might want to save yourself the trip, or call ahead.

Went for a looksee, shelves were bare. I asked the owner if he got cleaned out over Xmas? He said Lego wanted him to remove a lot of stuff for the sale, Star Wars, City, Harry Potter, etc. So it was all hiding out the back, no wonder you weren't too impressed, they usually have twice the amount of stuff. Pretty disappointing. =[

BIG W:

Found a single Sort & Store storage unit tonight. Must have been returned stock or an unwanted layby item. Called BIG W customer service during the day looking for more of these and confirmed the distributer for this item was liquidated prior to Christmas and this product would not be restocked.

Ah the mini fig head sort & store, totally forgot to grab one of those! I was on holiday in Victoria when they came out over Xmas and didn't fancy trying to haul one back to Perth on the plane. I've only been to BigW Success in WA and haven't noticed them on the floor. Can anyone tell me if they've seen them recently in any of the Perth BigW stores?

Edited by craym0nk

Went for a looksee, shelves were bare. I asked the owner if he got cleaned out over Xmas? He said Lego wanted him to remove a lot of stuff for the sale, Star Wars, City, Harry Potter, etc. So it was all hiding out the back, no wonder you weren't too impressed, they usually have twice the amount of stuff. Pretty disappointing. =[

I'm pretty sure that's illegal. It's surely violating anti competitive laws or something. If it's the store owners decision, then it might be ok, but even that I have a feeling I heard somewhere you can't do it.

I'm pretty sure that's illegal. It's surely violating anti competitive laws or something. If it's the store owners decision, then it might be ok, but even that I have a feeling I heard somewhere you can't do it.

Yeah I'm not too sure, I mean its not like it's some kind of "right" for us to buy things cheap. If the owner chooses to exclude things from what is claimed to be a storewide sale then I guess that's his right. Is it unfair & a bit sad, well yeah, but I dunno if he is breaking any laws.

Having said that, his decision will affect where & with whom I spend my money in the future, so I hope he considered that when making his choice. Sorry I shouldn't take this any further into the whole Gerry Harvey/Big Retailers mess that's been in the media lately, I'm sure there is a dedicated thread for that kind of debate.

Checked Myer yesterday, they had ALL the new Police sets, and Kmart had the new Battlepacks. The last time I checked, the shelves were half full, but this time, they were overloading with old sets like the camper van! I must have seen 9 or so side by side along one shelf. What will they do with all that when they get the 2011 stuff?

For those Aussies that ordered from Barnes and Noble to get some of the new release sets, get ready for some bad news if my experience is anything to go by.

I ordered all the Pharaoh's quest sets, and got emails a while ago saying they'd been delayed a few days and now they ahve cancelled my order for everything. Although they claim not to take money from your credit card until shipping they have had the money on my card since I ordered (I paid through paypal, and no it wasn't those one day appearances on your CC to check you have funds). They still haven't refunded through paypal, even though my entire order is cancelled. And of course I'll get shafted with paypal's currency conversion when I finally get a refund (thankfully it won't be as bad as it could be given the slight fall in Aus $). And on another note, you can't open up a dispute with them on paypal as it is listed as 'pending' and transaction numbers are invalid.

If anyone had a similar experience or has actually had something new shipped, I'd love to hear from them. I don't think they get the concept of pre-order which I did to ensure I'd get the goods. I wonder if US natives are getting the same poor experience, or they've just worked out that their shipping to Aus is good value.

Oh well, looks like I can save cash for the Atlantis sets due out next month.

Edited by hewman

From the Melville area, WA

Kmart Kardinya:

5893 Offroad Power $99

7596 Trash Compactor $79

7597 Toy Story train $99

5984 Lunar Limo $48

8192, 8194, 8195 Little Racers sets $8

and saw a tag for 8075 Neptune Carrier $53, but none left.

Kmart Garden City, Booragoon

5 of the Hogwarts Express trains left @ $79

A buttload of 7207 Fire Boats left - 54 of them! (I wrote down $47, but that doesn't sound right, best to check for yourself)

16 Tantive IV left

A bunch of the Fire Stations were put on the clearance price of, get this... $124! :laugh: You're funny, Kmart

Myer Garden City had nothing on sale and nothing new.

Target has reduced the Adventures in Bikini Bottom #3834 to $34.50 (Half Price) I found one at my local Target but it could have came from a cancelled xmas layby.

They had 5 of them at Target in Bullcreek, but still at $69 :sad:

And one Krusty Krab for $39

I wonder if the trains were hiding out back too... Oh well, looks like I'll be heading back at the next sale.

For those Aussies that ordered from Barnes and Noble to get some of the new release sets, get ready for some bad news if my experience is anything to go by.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, hewman. It sounds like the advance purchase of new sets hasn't worked out.

I've just received my Barnes and Noble order today (ordered late on Sunday night) and I'm very happy. I picked up all the Architecture sets (except The Whitehouse that wasn't available), the offroad power and helicopter creator sets and the dynamo light, headlamp and Brick light.

Much money saved even with postage. Not sure of the exact savings as I can't find the Aussie RRPs for the Architecture sets but by memory I've paid less than half.

I'd buy from them again as everything's worked fine for me but I'll be aware that pre-purchase might have issues.

:classic: :classic:

5893 Offroad Power $99

Good price for Australia but still $10 more than US RRP, probably paid about $99 when you average out postage but I'm way ahead of the $140 Oz RRP. :-)

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo