Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Spotted a few things on my epic shopping odyssey today. A few Simpsons Houses at Target Garden City and I think also MYER Garden City if anyone is still looking for one. Anyone who wants a Palace Cinema, there was one lone box sitting on the shelves at David Jones Indooropilly. A few architecture sets (including the Trevi Fountain, UN building, Vila Savoye, Eiffel Tower and Leaning Tower of Pisa) at MYER Brisbane CBD. Oh and David Jones Brisbane CBD has at least 30 Fairground Mixers. (and yes I really did visit both Garden City AND Indooropilly today along with Carindale, Toombul, Chermside, Toowong and Brisbane CBD)

Talk about covering some ground today!

I just noticed that the Australian TRU website has a couple of 2015 Star Wars lego sets for sale (the T-16 Skyhopper and Wookiee Gunship specifically) and was wondering if anyone was seeing 2015 sets show up in TRU stores.

edit: http://www.toysrus.c...o-new-arrivals/ when you click on new arrivals you also get a bunch of Chima, City and Minecraft sets but nothing else. The new Star sets don't show up there, nor Friends.

Edited by afolaus

When i click the link, I can see skyhopper ($39), gunship ($99) and the AAT ($39) set - they seem pretty expensive

. . .but they are marked not available online

Edited by jtr

Ok now Star Wars and Friends are showing up. Maybe I needed to refresh or reset my cookies. And they were available to purchase online like the City sets are. I don't know what's changed, unless they're temporarily out of stock already.

Picked up some the new friends sets ar myer southland. Baloon, electric car, vet car. They also had little pool set, foal and dog set.

Yep, I saw Wookie Gunship, AAT and Skyhopper in the wild today, as well as the previously mentioned Friends sets and A few others. Didn't see the two Rebels sets that I'm after though :/

Anything in Melbourne yet?

Also it's disappointing to not hear anything about Bionicle or TLM yet, I guess they'll be in the second Feb wave. Oh well.

Yep, I saw Wookie Gunship, AAT and Skyhopper in the wild today, as well as the previously mentioned Friends sets and A few others. Didn't see the two Rebels sets that I'm after though :/

Which retailer may I ask?

I'm Rick James Bricks in Pakenham. Little independent Lego store. Good for your Lego needs - even have a makeshift Pick a Brick wall ;)

I'm Rick James Bricks in Pakenham. Little independent Lego store. Good for your Lego needs - even have a makeshift Pick a Brick wall ;)

Ah, I was hoping for a national wide retailer ;) You're no where near me but thanks for replying.

Picked up 2 of the 3 new SW sets at Myer Melb CBD yesterday.

It seems that only three types of SW sets is what Lego has been supplying retailers too. :look:

Its annoying, was hoping to see everything; still, it's better than nothing.

True, but we are not the only ones ticked off over it.......the retailers are not happy about it neither.

Edited by lightningtiger

Yeah I think retailers would be annoyed that they are only getting some of the February releases right now and not the whole lot (i.e. LEGO Movie etc).

Anyone know if we will be getting the Shell Ferrari promo sets (the ones that came out in Singapore and parts of Europe last year) alongside the F1 when it hits?

True, but we are not the only ones ticked off over it.......the retailers are not happy about it neither.

I can imagine, just hope it hits later this week or next week.

Superheroes aren't a February release, they are March I think (both DC and Marvel)

Yeah you're right I wasn't aware of that. Looks like Disney Princess is the same damn it, why can't they release them the same everywhere? I might have to order the Frozen set from OS to get it in time from a Bday present.

Toys R Us online have last years B-Wing $79.99 down to $59.93 and AT-AT $169.99 down to $139.93, decent prices. Specifically says online deal so I don't know if I'd expect those prices in store.