Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Does anyone know if, and when the Mini Cooper will come to Aus retailers? My dad wants to buy it for my birthday (November), so I'm trying to work out if it's better to wait, and hope to pick it up in a 20% off sale by then, or just grab it from S@H as soon as it's released, and in the process, qualify for the mini Mini polybag.

The typical story for us is that it won't be available anywhere but S@H for many months. I really doubt it will be anywhere by November if it's initial release is August.

It's the kind of set my dad would love on his bookshelf (he likes British cars, particularly that colour), but he hates Lego (never had any himself as a kid) and would do his 'nana if I spent that much on him. A mini Mini would be perfect!

S@h australia has retro spaceman d2c up now

$45 purchase required, and VIP account, only available this week. So stoked, Benny's ship is finally in my cart! $45 purchase also gets you a Chima Phoenix Flyer.

Has anybody dealt with a damaged box from S@H ?

I wanted to know if it was worth the bother or to just let it go . . (let it go, let it go - i cant get frozen out of my head now).

I received the ghost bust set, but they packed the free give away on top and it's beat up with one tiny hole - it's defiantley not MSIB

Spotted the Bike Shop and Cafe at Target for $99

Toyworld has Simpsons for $3.99

and the simpsons house for $349 or $319 for members...

Has anybody dealt with a damaged box from S@H ?

I wanted to know if it was worth the bother or to just let it go . . (let it go, let it go - i cant get frozen out of my head now).

I received the ghost bust set, but they packed the free give away on top and it's beat up with one tiny hole - it's defiantley not MSIB

You'll probably be given some VIP points in compensation, otherwise sending it back would be a costly endeavour.

The typical story for us is that it won't be available anywhere but S@H for many months. I really doubt it will be anywhere by November if it's initial release is August.

It's the kind of set my dad would love on his bookshelf (he likes British cars, particularly that colour), but he hates Lego (never had any himself as a kid) and would do his 'nana if I spent that much on him. A mini Mini would be perfect!

Thanks! :-) That's pretty much what I thought, but Dad & I are getting together in a couple of weeks to build the VW Camper, so I wanted to be able to report back what the best buying option would be for the Mini. We had both a Mini and a VW camper when I was growing up, thus Dad's interest in buying me the Mini and building the VW with me.

I'm thinking about trying to 'Bricklink' a mini Mini for him, but I'd love to do it in the colours of our old one. I think I'll struggle to get the 'Wall Element 1X2X1' in 'new dark red' for the seats though, so I might have to settle for regular red.

P.S. From what I've seen in the UK/EU Brand Store calendar, the mini Mini will be available with the purchase of the Mini Cooper during the VIP advance purchase period (mid-end July), then will also be available with a qualifying order value for the whole of August - similar to what they did with the Balloon Cart - so you might be able to get your hands on the mini Mini for your dad without buying the full size version. :-)

S@h australia has retro spaceman d2c up now

$45 purchase required, and VIP account, only available this week. So stoked, Benny's ship is finally in my cart! $45 purchase also gets you a Chima Phoenix Flyer.

Placed a qualifying order first thing this morning (and was nearly late for work because of it, haha), but I'm yet to receive a confirmation email, nor can I see the order in my 'Order Status' screen, so I'm a bit worried it didn't go through properly and I might miss out. I can see in my VIP 'Account History' where they have deducted the points I redeemed on the order, so I really hope that's evidence enough that the order will go through. Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem?

Coles Maddington (WA) had the Sebulba's Podracer planet sets out for $2 each on clearance. There was also a tag for a Hero Factory set but no stock.

The Lego Movie spotted in stores :sweet:

Haven't picked it up yet as I'm still deciding whether to get the EIA edition that doesn't come with DvD in Aus... :look::sceptic::cry_sad:

The Lego Movie spotted in stores :sweet:

Haven't picked it up yet as I'm still deciding whether to get the EIA edition that doesn't come with DvD in Aus... :look::sceptic::cry_sad:

Got my EIA pre-order from JB in the mail yesterday. :sweet: Will probably buy the regular DVD version at some point too as we don't have a Blu-ray player in the bedroom (hopefully it'll go on sale once the new release hype dies down a bit), but I wanted to get Vitruvius, so went with the EIA edition first so as not to miss out. It sucks that we don't get the DVD format included in the EIA edition, but I'm just grateful that we get a Vitruvius version at all.

Using Amazon's currency converter, their EIA edition works out to $45.98 AUD (incl. shipping), whereas I paid $29.98 for the Aussie version (albeit with less formats included). The DVD version is approx. $19.98 over here, so in the end, much the same to buy both over here vs the Amazon version with more formats in the one package...

Will probably buy the regular DVD version at some point too as we don't have a Blu-ray player in the bedroom (hopefully it'll go on sale once the new release hype dies down a bit)

The DVD version is approx. $19.98 over here, so in the end, much the same to buy both over here vs the Amazon version with more formats in the one package...

It's $15 at Target right now.

Report from Robina:

Djs has simpsons house x 3, creator tree house, the larger creator house with the blue garage door, some left over older Turtles gear (lair, van and turtle cycle), a couple ucs x-wing, jabbas palace, sail barge, rancor pit, other star wars, star wars board game, lotr board game, chima board game,new chima speedzors, friends house, friends ranch, friends advent calendar and a 20% off sale still going.

Big W had S2 Mixels, police station, big red ninjago temple, new chima including speedzors, plenty of orange boats, plenty of friends boats, lotr orc forge, wargs, black gate, small hobbit set from last year and the Big W exclusive friends corner bakery. No bike shops. Big sets not on the shelves, just a "go to the counter to buy this" sign.

K-Mart has the dog squad, helicopter truck, coast guard boat, bike shop, S2 mixels, simpsons figs and various Star Wars items.

MYER has nothing worth buying that I saw even at 3 for 2 unless you need 3 giant Opera Houses.

Target has sea cow, bike shop, plenty of copies of TLM on both DVD & Blu-Ray but little else.

I just received the latest Lego Club package.......2nd half catalogue in it and surprise the X-men set is not listed......so is that a Target exclusive ?

I just received the latest Lego Club package.......2nd half catalogue in it and surprise the X-men set is not listed......so is that a Target exclusive ?

Not necessarily, the Creative Ambush set from The LEGO Movie was not featured in the 1st half LEGO catalogue this year, and it was available everywhere. I'm sure TLG would not want to restrict the target audience of a set with such immense interest, and fan appeal.

Was GotG in there?

If so does it say what month they're arriving???

Yes, it was but my son has the catalogue now but I think it was August......or was that the trains ! :laugh:

Almost everything is scheduled for an August release, apart from Hero Factory, Technic, Ultra Agents (September), Minifigures (October), Hobbit, Minecraft (December).

Sorry, Chima, City, Turtles, Star Wars, LEGO Movie, Guardians and Friends are all August releases.

Man. Nothing out in time for the sales.

Any idea (hyuk hyuk) on when the Ghostbusters set will hit retail? Soon? Next year?

I believe its comming out later in the year, September or something I think.

If you want one, buying online (Shop @ Home or otherwise) is a much safer option than waiting :)